MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

11 minutes ago, carlmm said:

You should wait, you will get your member ship number with the match.

Thank you for the quick response. My cruise departs Jan 12th so I hope it goes through by then. I hope to match as Gold from Princess Platinum. I'll share on the spreadsheet when/if it goes through.

Hi all😉, just contacted MSC because payment is due this month for my TA. Seems😚 MSC is running behind with approvals and status matching, was told that thats true about 2 months behind according to the very nice young man. I was assured that my

5% would be given as on board credit if payment date has passed. 😂 Any comments?

After spending 2 hours on phone today (mostly on hold) with both MSC and my TA, we were told we were matched--as expected--Gold for RCI  Diamond.   They gave us our Voyager numbers, which now are entered on our information pages, but due to fact that cruise booked with TA, MSC will not send us a confirming email.  So I then spent another hour calling TA, she on hold with MSC.  End result--verbal confirmation only and an email confirmation of the 5% refund!

TA says MSC has it right so we will hope for the best!  The request was made October 31, and I finally could not wait.  I guess they wait for the passengers to call them!

On 9/16/2019 at 8:01 PM, tnt10 said:

Curious as to a screen shot of what, specifically?

The only info I could get up on either Royal or Celebrity was spaced out over 3 pages, nothing shoed all the info they wanted on 1 page.  Am I missing something?

Thx

Go to the RCCL site and then to your account page - if you select PRINT, then you can SAVE TO FILE as a PDF, and that will put all of your information, including the first/last name, cruise line, status/points, email, etc into a single PDF file that you can attach to the MSC application. 

When I called to check the status of my application, the agent could find the email, but he didn't look for the second page in the PDF until I pointed it out to him. 

Also, although I'd filled out separate applications for both myself and my husband, and each application included our individual emails, apparently I'd submitted both applications while accessing the site under my name. Instead, I should have re-accessed the site under my husband's name before sending his status match application, so that it didn't look like one person was sending both applications.  

Not the most intuitive process, I must say.

The agent was helpful, and accepted both applications during the phone call, but I think that if I hadn't called to check the status of the applications, nothing would have done with them.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, skings said:

Hi all😉, just contacted MSC because payment is due this month for my TA. Seems😚 MSC is running behind with approvals and status matching, was told that thats true about 2 months behind according to the very nice young man. I was assured that my

5% would be given as on board credit if payment date has passed. 😂 Any comments?

Called MSC yesterday and told them I wish to pay for my cruise but wanted an answer for the match status. Transferred me

and I received my 5% immediately. Since I already had a Voyagers number they did not assign me a new one, just upgraded my file to show "silver" 

I called Friday and I have been matched to Gold, but it hadn't been processed yet. So, I have a VC number and I should see it on my profile soon.

I'm very excited and thankful for this wonderful perq that MSC offers. I'm looking forward to our 5 day sample on MSC and seeing if we will add it to the rotation of favorites.

I submitted my mom's status match last month and had not heard back. I called them on Friday and they matched my mom's RCL Diamond to Voyagers Club Gold. The rep confirmed that the program was very popular and they are behind on processing the applications.

• 2 weeks later...

I sail in a week and hadn't heard back about status match submitted a month ago.  After requesting a call back 3 times without getting a response, I managed to speak with an MSC agent today.  She looked in the system and said I'd been matched to Gold level from my Princess Platinum.  I never received an email from MSC. 

She seemed rather irritated that I had called.  But I also needed help with web check-in, as the MSC website wouldn't allow me to access my back to back reservations.  The agent tweaked something in the system that had me locked out... and still seemed irritated that I had called. 

They had already messed up my booking by not applying the government employee discount or booking the All In rate that was available and I requested.  Oh, they also didn't book my transfers and now it's too late.  Which is another pain in the backside.  The agent said they must not have understood that I wanted transfers when I provided my airfare information for that specific purpose.  It's been one long string of ***** trying to book with this cruise line.

But I'll have 2 weeks of floating in the sun to get over it.  I don't know if I'll sail with MSC again, though.

Can I ask a question here.  Does MSC allow multiple tries at the status match?

I sail several lines and wondering which would be the best one to try if I only get one shot:

RCI Diamond Plus

Cunard Diamond

HAL 5-star

Crystal does not really have levels but I will soon pass the 50 cruise milestone.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Roy

Hey all!

we submitted for status match, and I know it takes some time, but we are wondering if we can go ahead and create an account online/link our confirmation number WITHOUT signing up for Voyagers and messing up the process.

We want to get our Web Check In done, but I don’t want to mess with the program. Do you automatically sign up for Voyagers when you create an account or link a cruise?

Thanks for any help!

18 hours ago, sfullington said:

Hey all!

we submitted for status match, and I know it takes some time, but we are wondering if we can go ahead and create an account online/link our confirmation number WITHOUT signing up for Voyagers and messing up the process.

We want to get our Web Check In done, but I don’t want to mess with the program. Do you automatically sign up for Voyagers when you create an account or link a cruise?

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

no, you do not automatically sign up for voyagers club when creating an online account.

Here is how I did it:

1. Booked my first MSC cruise via the German website/ created an online login for my MSC account to access the reservation, (did Not sign for a Voyagers club account)

2. Went throng the voyagers club status match registration process, via the MSC website (I am ELITE with Celebrity)

3. After 24 hrs I received confirmation by e.e-mail that I was  matched to gold level (4200 pts.) I was provided with VC Club number as well.

4. Called the German Hotline 001-49-89-20203043801 and asked to link my Voyagers club number to my existing booking.

The did it in just sec and furthermore I was granted the 5% discount on the existing booking, which means they reduced the fare after I had booked it, which surprised me very positively.

When I access my MSC online account now, I'm able to see my booking, Voyagers club status, etc.

BTW. If you live in Europe it might be a good idea to call the German MSC hotline (number above), I suppose the speak English  too. they are super responsive and helpful and I have never waited more than 5 minutes to speak with an agent.

Hi

I applied a couple of weeks ago (just after I booked) and was just given a status match of MSC Gold for my Carnival platinum status.

I also called them after receiving the email (today) and after asking, they checked and gave me a $50 OBC for my cruise leaving on the 27th. of this month.

I applied on Friday 1/3 for Status Match for myself and my partner.  NCL Gold.  My partner received the match email on Sat 1/4  MSC Silver.  I did not receive an email.  I added his to our booking.  I will give it a week or so and follow up on mine. 

Just sorted my status match for my Jan 12 sailing! Yikes! Last minute but Celebrity Select matched to MSC Gold.

I signed into my Celebrity account and hit the my Profile and saved that to a pdf file. My attachments weren’t going through on my requests so I had to call in and then email the pdf to the representative on the phone. I was waiting 5 minutes to talk to her.

She sorted our booking and club names to match our passports. There isn’t a third field for a middle name to be added so that is what needed to be sorted. Looking at the info, our “first” name now is both: first name space middle name. We were told that in order for our points to be awarded properly names on passports need to match booking and match club. My rep was very helpful to sort all that. Also, processed the 5% discount as a credit back the credit card used in booking.

Edited by Anita Latte

They matched my RCCL Diamond Plus to their Gold status. With 4300 points.

This a copy of the email they send

Hello Mr.xxxxx,

Thank you for participating in MSC Cruises’ Status Match program, and welcome to the Voyagers Club!  You’re now a Gold card member with us, and your number is xxxxxxx. Please contact your travel agent in order to have the Voyager’s Club discount applied to your booking. You can enjoy all the perks and privileges associated with that level.  Enjoy all your exclusive benefits right away, on your first cruise with MSC Cruises; just don’t forget to communicate your Club number at the time of booking.

As a reminder, the Status Match is a one-time courtesy to allow our guests to join us at a higher level than they might otherwise be able to.  Once you’ve been matched, we’re not able to change your level by matching you again, but every cruise you take with us, as well as your on-board spending will add points to your account and increase or maintain your level.  Simply cruise with us once every 3 years, to retain your points.

Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises.  We look forward to welcoming you aboard in the very near future.

Warmly,

MSC Voyagers Club

Anyone got any idea what i done wrong?

i applied for a status match and got MSC silver from RCL Platinum 

did i get a new Voyagers club number on the email?

if i try and create a new account it brings up my previous account details?

help

• 2 weeks later...