Back from Millennium TP- a few random thoughts and photos

late2cruisin

• 1 month later...

Hi  late2cruisin,  thanks so much for all the very useful information and photographs that you have shared here. As you mentioned you are happy to answer questions, may I ask you:

1. Did you smell any "new room" smell (from the new closets, cabinets, drawers, other furnishings, etc.) in the cabin? (We are prospective cruisers with allergies to such, hence the question.)

2. Another recent Millennium cruiser who was in a cabin not far from yours posted a review that mentioned he often detected a cigarette smoke smell in the hallway (but not in his cabin); did you ever smell any cigarette smoke?

10 minutes ago, Allergee said:

Hi  late2cruisin,  thanks so much for all the very useful information and photographs that you have shared here. As you mentioned you are happy to answer questions, may I ask you:

1. Did you smell any "new room" smell (from the new closets, cabinets, drawers, other furnishings, etc.) in the cabin? (We are prospective cruisers with allergies to such, hence the question.)

2. Another recent Millennium cruiser who was in a cabin not far from yours posted a review that mentioned he often detected a cigarette smoke smell in the hallway (but not in his cabin); did you ever smell any cigarette smoke?

I did not detect any "new room" smell in our cabin (I do not have allergies but I am pretty sensitive to odors). I also did not smell any cigarette smoke in the corridors, and as a non-smoker I'm VERY sensitive to that! On various cruises and on various ships I have occasionally detected an odor of tobacco smoke in hallways (I suspect it was coming from crew areas) but that could happen on any ship.

Thank-you very much Late2cruisin for the information and the pictures of the new Millie.

We have sailed on the old Infinity and Connie and are booked on the new Millie in March 2020. It’s fun to have feedback on passenger experiences on the revolutionized ship.

Many thanks! 

11 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

You're very welcome. I was trying to post information that I would have wanted to know before my cruise. Glad it was helpful to others.

Hi late2cruisin

Thankyou so much for the very informative information.

Denny01 posted it to me on a different forum!

We were on the new Millennium in March & loved it.

We were Aqua Class and loved the room, although we were disappointed the showers were just standard and not a "shower tower" as advertised!

Disappointed also with the Persian Garden. 

Page 29 of Celebrity brochure shows a beautiful area for relaxing.

Not the case on Millennium. 

Would certainly not book Aqua again.

Enough moaning.....we loved our cruise and everything else on the ship.

Your post has been most helpful as we are booking the Constellation for October 2020 and not sure whether to do OV or balcony, so this has been invaluable. 

Thankyou!

On 5/24/2019 at 9:59 PM, late2cruisin said:

I think the beds were always a little larger than standard queen beds, because that's what we have at home and the Celebrity beds seem a little wider. It's just that they don't seem any bigger than they did before, so I'm wondering why they had to swap out the loveseat for a chair. Maybe someone who's on board can measure them and we'll know for sure! BTW, on my cabin crawl, all the beds I saw in all cabin types looked the same size. Separating them made them look quite small though.

We were in one of the new port side OV on the Summit and agree with your assessment on the new beds, i.e.wider than queen bed at home but no bigger than before. We did find the frame larger than our mattress with a gap of 1-2 inches between the mattress and edge of frame. Perhaps it was meant to hold a wider mattress than what we had.

23 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Hi late2cruisin

Thankyou so much for the very informative information.

Denny01 posted it to me on a different forum!

We were on the new Millennium in March & loved it.

We were Aqua Class and loved the room, although we were disappointed the showers were just standard and not a "shower tower" as advertised!

Disappointed also with the Persian Garden. 

Page 29 of Celebrity brochure shows a beautiful area for relaxing.

Not the case on Millennium. 

Would certainly not book Aqua again.

Enough moaning.....we loved our cruise and everything else on the ship.

Your post has been most helpful as we are booking the Constellation for October 2020 and not sure whether to do OV or balcony, so this has been invaluable. 

Thankyou!

I'm glad you enjoyed your Millennium cruise. Yes, they removed the special showers from Aqua class cabins when they remodeled- now they're the same as the showers in all the non-suite cabins. And the Persian Gardens on Millennium-class ships were never as nice as the ones on the Solstice-class, which have expansive ocean views and heated tiled loungers. On M-class ships the Persian Gardens is a dark, windowless space with one large tiled bench (my husband calls is the "Persian Dungeons"). They've lightened it up a bit with the new remodel, but it's essentially the same. BTW, the Persian Gardens is exactly the same on the Constellation.

You might still want to consider a balcony for your Constellation cruise, as it will have some scenic ports and good weather in the Med. If you decide to go for an OV, keep in mind that the ones with the extra-large windows are toward the back of the ship only (3112-3144 on the starboard side and 3115-3125 on the port side)

22 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

We were in one of the new port side OV on the Summit and agree with your assessment on the new beds, i.e.wider than queen bed at home but no bigger than before. We did find the frame larger than our mattress with a gap of 1-2 inches between the mattress and edge of frame. Perhaps it was meant to hold a wider mattress than what we had.

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that larger-than-necessary frame. I bumped my leg on it several times!

18 hours ago, JaneAustenCruiser said:

I never realized that the Aqua Spa cafe food was available to all. When I was on the Reflection in 2018, I thought it was just for Aqua Class members! I'll have to remember this for our cruise on Infinity in October!

Yes, a lot of people don't know it's open to everyone and many don't know where it is! It's a nice alternative for lunch when the buffet is really crowded (or for breakfast).

5 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

I'm glad you enjoyed your Millennium cruise. Yes, they removed the special showers from Aqua class cabins when they remodeled- now they're the same as the showers in all the non-suite cabins. And the Persian Gardens on Millennium-class ships were never as nice as the ones on the Solstice-class, which have expansive ocean views and heated tiled loungers. On M-class ships the Persian Gardens is a dark, windowless space with one large tiled bench (my husband calls is the "Persian Dungeons"). They've lightened it up a bit with the new remodel, but it's essentially the same. BTW, the Persian Gardens is exactly the same on the Constellation.

You might still want to consider a balcony for your Constellation cruise, as it will have some scenic ports and good weather in the Med. If you decide to go for an OV, keep in mind that the ones with the extra-large windows are toward the back of the ship only (3112-3144 on the starboard side and 3115-3125 on the port side)

Thanks again for the info!

I'm loving all the mixed views and they definitely help me towards my decision.

Most of which I would not know if it wasn't for CC.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...