Riviera River Cruises? No single supp?

ShelleyK

Trying to get more info on Riviera River Cruises. They have specific cruises for solos with no single supp. From what I gather, they are a UK company. They have the same itineraries as the other guys. I have done Viking 3 times, and am tired of their intolerance for singles. Paying double infuriates me. I am willing to try Riviera, if I can hear from others that I am not making a tremendous mistake. 

Thanks!

ShelleyK

Have you asked on the River Cruises forum? I did a quick search and there are a number of posts.  You may want to check those out.  Regardless of whether solo or multiple travelers, you can still get an idea about the quality of the ship.

I did a quick check.  Solo cruise in November for Burgundy and Provence is $2799 start. Same cruise week before, but based on Double occupancy is $2409 start price.  A solo that cruise is $5,179.  So it a solos only cruise is a better price, but there still is an increase to a 'per person based on double occupancy' cost.

Edited by mef_57
added pricing example

BOTH AMA and Uniworld offer sailings with no ss. I sailed with Ama in 2016 and going on Uniworld in October. Both had 0 single supplement.😁

• Like 1

The 2 river cruises I have been on, I have booked the one cabin designated for a solo traveler. Viking and Scenic lines. Just look at the deck plans. You will see (in a different color) a smaller room. Called somthing like single balcony suite as opposed to junior suite or veranda suite. My friends that stopped to check out my cabin were impressed with the layout and roominess. So, you do not pay double because it is not intended as a double occupancy room.