Corfu Airport

Not good going by recent reviews

19th May 2019| I can give an honest review from before and during renovation work! Ok so it’s a small airport, it’s

Greece, it’s May. Should be no issue with only 3 flights to check in! How wrong can you be? On arrival before we got off the coach we could see a queue as far as the eye could see outside the airport. A TUI rep then got on and told us there was no room in the airport for us so all flights London, Aberdeen and Manchester were to queue outside until check in opened. So as it was late we were cool outside but others had had to do this in heat of the day! No help or seats for children or elderly. We got through to the all the checking in, security and queues with only 10 mins to board our flight. It took that long! In short, no organisation, lack of seating everywhere, lack of assistance and wheelchairs, rude unfriendly staff. It was just as bad 3 years ago. Yes it’s becoming more modern and up to date but it’s still an horrendous experience. God help you if this is in May first week of holiday season, it’s quiet. This airport will stop people returning and effect the island.

16th May 2019

| The airport is in total disruption. Customer service and customer priority are unavailable at this airport. There is no information desk and only basic old screens to update flights. I waited over 4 hours for a flight yesterday / this morning. There was no-one to ask for information only other people who were seeing the updates on their phone! The flight was delayed 4 hours. The airport is in such a mess with building work totally uncompleted.

22nd April 2019

| The airport is a building site. There is insufficient check-in, security and seating for flights. I can only begin to imagine how it will be in the height of summer. When it is eventually finished I am sure it will be great but progress looks agonisingly slow. That said, all the staff were helpful and amazingly cheerful and polite.

There is a shaded seating area opposite where the outside queue is, next to the bar. We have twice been directed to this area and trundled our cases across only to be immediately called back both times to proceed to check in. You no longer have to take your cases back after check in and queue again to have them weighed so that speeds things up a bit.

We found Corfu airport had improved last year compared to previous years especially from the time we were delayed there for 9 hours!

When Frauport gained control, they planned a number of improvements. In line security check, that would save lifting cases back of at check in to Que again for a scan. I know they have added security lanes.

Any further updates over the last few weeks.