Question about Butler service

tfattz1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Exactly 50 days prior to cruise via snail mail. 

Pre-concierge is pretty useless. They can not do anything you can't do yourself. WRT onboard items, we very much prefer building the relationship with our butler and concierge vs. some off shore call center taking requests. 

Good to know. I was planning to ask to have the mini fridge cleared and have unsweetened tea, a pitcher of water and some cream for coffee stored in there. Will wait until we’re on board.

Ive got a running list of requests, not many, but will just put it all together and talk to them on day 1, after most people are settled.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BNBR said:

Be realistic. They aren't butlers (there are international standards for butlers and NCL isn't even close).  They are glorified food runners that you may or may not find any use for. Most people tip them at the end of the cruise, if at all. 

I don't disagree but NCL briefly mentioned a butler certification program years ago which doesn't have much info on how it all played out.  From what we've been told, it didn't last long and only a few went through the program.  We've had two who did the program and they were ok at best.  Pretty much every butler and asst on MSC is way better than NCL.

5 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Good to know. I was planning to ask to have the mini fridge cleared and have unsweetened tea, a pitcher of water and some cream for coffee stored in there. Will wait until we’re on board.

Ive got a running list of requests, not many, but will just put it all together and talk to them on day 1, after most people are settled.

Funny, that's the same request my wife and I put in. I'll let you know what happens, we leave on June 9th to Bermuda

33 minutes ago, dexddd said:

I don't disagree but NCL briefly mentioned a butler certification program years ago which doesn't have much info on how it all played out.  From what we've been told, it didn't last long and only a few went through the program.  We've had two who did the program and they were ok at best.  Pretty much every butler and asst on MSC is way better than NCL.

It was probably pointless. You can't be a butler to 14 cabins at the same time. How can you serve proper meals to all those cabins? They can only drop off the food. They won't press your shirts either.  It's still a nice little thing to have I guess for some people, but I didn't find the butler even worth the tip, and we always tip so it was a net negative for us. 

On 5/22/2019 at 9:38 AM, graphicguy said:

Congrats on getting the upgrade.  If you don’t mind me asking, what ship are you on and what cabin did you upgrade to?

You’re going to love it!

We are going on the NCL Dawn tomorrow actually 😊We went from a reg balcony room to an aft penthouse suite with large balcony and butler concierge service.  We didn't bid a lit barely moved on the poor scale that gave you an idea of your chances. Figured we had nothing to lose..and OMG we got the bid accepted email with different room number and everything. We are super excited🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tfattz1 said:

We are going on the NCL Dawn tomorrow actually 😊We went from a reg balcony room to an aft penthouse suite with large balcony and butler concierge service.  We didn't bid a lit barely moved on the poor scale that gave you an idea of your chances. Figured we had nothing to lose..and OMG we got the bid accepted email with different room number and everything. We are super excited🤗🤗🤗

That’s great.  I’m sure you’re going to love it.  Come back after the cruise and let us know how it went.  🙂