Review of Rhapsody- May 11 Europe sailing

Hello all!   I just wanted to give a quick review of our cruise that we just had that ended on May 18.  First,  it is a much older and smaller ship so not a lot of activities for teens. I was with my 18 yr old daughter. She did the rock wall and went to the gym a few times.  The cruise director and activity staff were absolutely awesome!    We participated in many of the games at night especially the adult ones.  This was my first royal Caribbean cruise so if you like crazy people and fun do not miss the crazy quest game!!!  Laughed so hard!   We had a team of eight and included two guys who were participating in everything so funny!  Do not go to this game show if you do not have a sense of humor or easily offended 😂😂. We really enjoyed the flags of the crew. Can’t remember exact name, but that was nice. We thought the food was excellent. My only comparison is Carnival so this was much better in my opinion. My daughter is a vegetarian and the dining room choices at dinner were great.  Did not eat in the wind jammer very much maybe once or twice for breakfast. The breakfast in the dining room was much better.  We thought the shows were terrible.   Probably the only negative of the whole trip.   I had heard that the magician illusionist was good but we did not see that one  

One tip I didn’t know.  I bought the coffee card which gave me 15 specialty coffees and I did not use them all had about seven or eight left I was told that they never expire.   I would have thrown that card away if someone had not told me! 

That’s all I have. Really enjoyed the ports and can’t wait to go on another RC cruise!

• Like 1

Thanks for your review!  We were on the May 11 Mediterranean cruise with you and I am just getting ready to post my own quick reactions along with a longer review later when I get time. It is interesting  to see another perspective.  I also really enjoyed the parade of flags--really special.  I agree that overall the food was wonderful. But we went to almost all the shows and thought they were very entertaining.  Different strokes for different folks!

Good to hear something about Rhapsody in Europe. Can you remember the name of the cruise director? And did you notice if they had the 10 drink cards for set price at all? 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, sgmn said:

Good to hear something about Rhapsody in Europe. Can you remember the name of the cruise director? And did you notice if they had the 10 drink cards for set price at all? 

Yes the cruise director’s name was Michele, a man from Italy. He was really good. Really liked the asst director too, Gemma, (think that was her name). She was from England. They did have the 10 drink cards, as some people we met had bought them. I think they were around $85. 

• Thanks 1