4 Pax Ste Guarantee - "Sky" Class on Set Sail Pass?

Hi all - I've searched but can't find this question addressed on the boards. We booked a suite guarantee for 4 passengers (2 adults, 2 kids) on a Harmony sailing leaving June 2019 - got a great rate.

Anyway, no cabin assignment yet and I'm happy if we get a Jr Suite. I completed check-in and viewed our Set Sail Pass, which still say GTY for our cabin, but we have a muster station assignment of E2 and under "Suite" it says "Sky". 

It appears that Junior Suites are "Sea" class suites, and "Sky" is the next level up. Does this mean we are likely to be assigned a GS or greater, or is the "Sky" designation on our Set Sail Pass meaningless at this point? Again, we'll be happy with a JS, but I noticed this and am merely curious if I can attach any meaning to this at all (based on recent experiences, my guess is that no, this doesn't mean anything). 

I would not put any stock in what your docs say at this point.  Not saying you don't have a GS or better, just that RC's IT department leaves a lot to be desired.

15 minutes ago, Island_Chica said:

Hi all - I've searched but can't find this question addressed on the boards. We booked a suite guarantee for 4 passengers (2 adults, 2 kids) on a Harmony sailing leaving June 2019 - got a great rate.

Anyway, no cabin assignment yet and I'm happy if we get a Jr Suite. I completed check-in and viewed our Set Sail Pass, which still say GTY for our cabin, but we have a muster station assignment of E2 and under "Suite" it says "Sky". 

It appears that Junior Suites are "Sea" class suites, and "Sky" is the next level up. Does this mean we are likely to be assigned a GS or greater, or is the "Sky" designation on our Set Sail Pass meaningless at this point? Again, we'll be happy with a JS, but I noticed this and am merely curious if I can attach any meaning to this at all (based on recent experiences, my guess is that no, this doesn't mean anything). 

We booked a suite guarantee and about a month later, my DH got an email saying welcome to Sky Class and it detailed out the benefits.  I immediately logged in and looked at our reservation and it showed no assigned cabin.  About a month before our sailing, we got our cabin assignment, it was a JS, so sea class. I wouldn't get too excited until you see an actual cabin number.  Good luck!

Lol thanks for the replies. We haven't received any email welcoming us to any class of suite yet. Message received - the only thing you can rely on is an actual cabin assignment and there don't seem to be any reliable indicators of what sort of suite one is likely to be assigned. 

I started the thread posted below on Wednesday. We received our cabin assignment last night; I am seeing numerous guarantee questions so I wanted to give an update.

We were assigned a Grand Suite on Deck 7.

We received a great rate on this guarantee so I'd have been pleased had we been given a JS (we had a resident rate + sale + Crown and Anchor discount), but I did have my fingers crossed for a GS so we can have access to Coastal Kitchen, the lounge, etc. I *think* the fact that we had 4 passengers may have helped with this assignment; there aren't as many JS that accommodate 4 as I'd have thought. Anyway - good luck to all of those who are waiting. As we've reserved nothing it's time to get to work (we've been on Harmony before and are pretty relaxed lol). We've had a Royal Family Suite before on Freedom and it was definitely our best cruise, in large part due to that cabin and the convenience of in-room dining. 

Edited by Island_Chica
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add on this post for others looking in the future, my set sail pass also said "sky level" on it, but deck 6, at about 50 days out. We were  assigned our exact room number, a sky level grand suite on deck 6 at the 30 day mark so it did match our original edocs. 

2 hours ago, Island_Chica said:

I started the thread posted below on Wednesday. We received our cabin assignment last night; I am seeing numerous guarantee questions so I wanted to give an update.

We were assigned a Grand Suite on Deck 7.

We received a great rate on this guarantee so I'd have been pleased had we been given a JS (we had a resident rate + sale + Crown and Anchor discount), but I did have my fingers crossed for a GS so we can have access to Coastal Kitchen, the lounge, etc. I *think* the fact that we had 4 passengers may have helped with this assignment; there aren't as many JS that accommodate 4 as I'd have thought. Anyway - good luck to all of those who are waiting. As we've reserved nothing it's time to get to work (we've been on Harmony before and are pretty relaxed lol). We've had a Royal Family Suite before on Freedom and it was definitely our best cruise, in large part due to that cabin and the convenience of in-room dining. 

Congrats on the GS!  We have had a GS on Oasis deck 7 and it is a great location.  One thing to know, because of the Boardwalk sign over the entrance to the Boardwalk, you can't cross over from the elevator lobbies at the deck 7 elevator banks, so make sure you know what side you need to be on.  We only messed up once all week and we just had to go down one floor, cross over and then go back up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Congrats on the GS!  We have had a GS on Oasis deck 7 and it is a great location.  One thing to know, because of the Boardwalk sign over the entrance to the Boardwalk, you can't cross over from the elevator lobbies at the deck 7 elevator banks, so make sure you know what side you need to be on.  We only messed up once all week and we just had to go down one floor, cross over and then go back up.

So me being on Deck 6 is ok IMO? Bc of good elevator access? 

1 minute ago, Redsonya37 said:

So me being on Deck 6 is ok IMO? Bc of good elevator access? 

Deck 6 is our preferred deck on Oasis class ships.  The elevator issue at the aft elevators on deck 7 is not a big deal, you just have to remember which side your cabin is on or just get off a deck earlier and walk one flight of stairs if you are on the wrong side.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Deck 6 is our preferred deck on Oasis class ships.  The elevator issue at the aft elevators on deck 7 is not a big deal, you just have to remember which side your cabin is on or just get off a deck earlier and walk one flight of stairs if you are on the wrong side.

We were on 7 last fall. I was talking to a couple that got stuck. They were complaining about having to walk all the way down to the forward elevators and come back. They about died when I suggested they just use the stairs. 🤣

• Haha 1