Suites / Concierge Perks and Services - Harmony / Port Canaveral

Hello everyone!

So we booked our first cruise with Royal Caribbean on Harmony sailing out of Port Canaveral in Jan of 2020 for our 10 year anniversary. We have only cruised once before with Disney. We really loved the Disney Cruise but the price was insane and the ship seems to lack a lot of activities for adults. They did not lack in service when it came to concierge though...We have grown a taste for concierge services and perks on our vacations so when we booked with RC we had to go with a suite . We decided on the Crown Loft Suite.

Looking through the information online it seems the details about concierge are unnecessarily convoluted, probably because it seems like the perks are slightly different on the different ship classification and level of your suite. I am a bit of an over planner, i love to iron things out before a vacation so i can get the most out of them and not be wandering around half the time. The cruise planner that emailed me when i was just looking seemed to not care as much about answering questions after i booked. I have a few questions, if possible please try to relate answers specific to the ship or port I am using.

So i get the basics of the perks. Priory boarding with waiting area, access to Suite deck, Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen, access to concierge crew / services, complementary pressing for first formal night, etc. A lot of details seem to be missing or have conflicting info. I'll attempt to list them in order of how they would be utilized.

Boarding - Disney had entirely separate area for check in at Port Canaveral and a separate waiting area. After security is this the same? What can i expect?

Sorry hit post too quick - will be an edit with more questions

Edited by bossdog421
mispost

Boarding

• Disney had entirely separate area for check in at Port Canaveral and a separate waiting area. After security is this the same? What can i expect?
  • Are any other specific cruisers also allowed to board early?
  • Are there any welcome lunches / drinks / gatherings to expect as part of early boarding?
  • Are the rooms typically ready quicker?

Lounge / Deck

• Appetizers and happy hour drinks are obvious. I heard conflicting information about drinks though. It is just happy hour or are there limited alcoholic drinks from 11-11?
  • Does the suite deck have a pool?
  • How busy are these areas typically?

Services

So the Disney concierge services were amazing they were extremely personable and helpful.  They put only drinks i wanted in my fridge, made some impossible reservations that we missed, coordinated with my wife and daughter to get a special ice cream surprise for my birthday, am i fairly convinced that they actually changed the weather on our Castaway Cay day because it most certainly looked really bad the day prior (i know that's not what happened lol).

• Has anyone experienced Disney's concierge and RC? How did they compare?
  • How many concierge crew members for Harmony? 2 seems to be what i am seeing.
  • What have been some of your requests and experiences?
  • When will the concierge crew reach out via email?
  • Have you seen any vow renewal ceremonies in the suite areas? How were they handled?

What other perks are available? Any other hidden tricks or tips for a first timer  RC suite guest?

Edited by bossdog421
typo

Regarding boarding, there is a separate area to wait after check-in and before boarding starts.  Pinnacle level C&A members will also be in this section.

Staterooms are available earlier for Star Class suites.

Limited beverages available 11am to 11pm in the Suite Lounge.

No pool on the suite sundeck.  You have to share with the other 6000 guests.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are three suite “levels” on the Harmony.  Sea, Sky & Star. Your Crown Loft Suite is Sky level. The concierge services you are describing on Disney match up with Star level, where you get a “genie”.  If that level of service is important  to you, you will have to upgrade to Star class. 

Early access to your suite is also also a perk of Star class, not Sky class. 

The concierge can make reservations for you but won’t be your personal attendant. 

In the Suite Lounge, you will be able to have soda, bottled water, beer & wine 11-11. (There is a limited list of those beers & wines)

3 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Boarding

• Disney had entirely separate area for check in at Port Canaveral and a separate waiting area. After security is this the same? What can i expect?
  • As a Sky Class Suites Guest you will have a separate Security Area and Separate Suites Check-in Lines, once inside
  • Are any other specific cruisers also allowed to board early?
  • Yes, B2B cruisers, Star Class and wedding parties will all board before you.  Sky Class and Pinnacle Club members board next
  • Are there any welcome lunches / drinks / gatherings to expect as part of early boarding?
  • No.  There is nothing special on boarding day.  There will be some Suites events throughout the cruise to which you will be invited
  • No.  All rooms, except for Star Class, are ready at the same time.  Generally around 1PM

Lounge / Deck

• Appetizers and happy hour drinks are obvious. I heard conflicting information about drinks though. It is just happy hour or are there limited alcoholic drinks from 11-11?
  • Harmony's Suites Lounge has selected drinks from 11AM-11PM every day.  Usually only those items specifically listed are available.  There are sometimes limited variants from the official list.
  • Does the suite deck have a pool?
  • No
  • How busy are these areas typically?
  • Not sure which areas you are asking about.  The Suites Lounge can be very busy during the happy hours but it will depend on how many high level Crown & Anchor members are on your sailing.  You will not know that ahead of time

Services

So the Disney concierge services were amazing they were extremely personable and helpful.  They put only drinks i wanted in my fridge

Sky class does not get in-suite drinks included.  The fridge will be empty when you arrive.  If you want anything for your fridge, you will be charged for it even if you have the Ultimate Beverage Package

,made some impossible reservations that we missed

The Suites Concierge can make any dining reservations that you need.  They can get you help with any shore excursions that you may need.  They can help you with any billing issues you may have

, coordinated with my wife and daughter to get a special ice cream surprise for my birthday

May be able to help with something like this but may not

, am i fairly convinced that they actually changed the weather on our Castaway Cay day because it most certainly looked really bad the day prior (i know that's not what happened lol).

Yes, there are generally 2 Suites Concierges

What other perks are available? Any other hidden tricks or tips for a first timer  RC suite guest?

3 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Frankly, it seems to me like you may be looking for the kind of personalized service that is provided to Star Class guests.  I hope you are satisfied with the Sky Class level.  Hopefully you will be.

Awesome. Thanks for the answers! Pretty much what i was looking for. While the genie service does sound nice, the people on disney weren't personal servants, they would just go above and beyond to help out. They seems to genuinely want to get to know you and help.

I'm sure this will be great!

Any tips for first time suite guests?

Thank you for asking these questions!  I had many of the same myself.  We've always sailed concierge on DCL and have a cruise slated on the Liberty of the Seas in July 2020 in a 2 bedroom grand suite.  

Based on the answers you received, I have a question of mine, if rooms are not ready early for Sky level guests (I'm assuming my suite level is the same as Sky on the Oasis class given the similar perks), is there a place to park your carry-ons or do you need to lug them around with you until your room is ready?  I know a carry on checkin is a perk of people getting the Key but I saw no mention of it for suite guests.

8 minutes ago, Tasm3n said:

Thank you for asking these questions!  I had many of the same myself.  We've always sailed concierge on DCL and have a cruise slated on the Liberty of the Seas in July 2020 in a 2 bedroom grand suite.  

Based on the answers you received, I have a question of mine, if rooms are not ready early for Sky level guests (I'm assuming my suite level is the same as Sky on the Oasis class given the similar perks), is there a place to park your carry-ons or do you need to lug them around with you until your room is ready?  I know a carry on checkin is a perk of people getting the Key but I saw no mention of it for suite guests.

There is not a place to leave your bags prior to your room being ready however, you certainly can go up to the Suites Lounge and wait there.  There is usually plenty of room, the views are incredible and you can get your drinks while waiting !

14 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

Boarding

• Disney had entirely separate area for check in at Port Canaveral and a separate waiting area. After security is this the same? What can i expect? yes.  
  • Are any other specific cruisers also allowed to board early? In order:  Back to backers Wedding parties,Pinnacles and Suites
  • Are there any welcome lunches / drinks / gatherings to expect as part of early boarding?   suite classes have access to lunch in the Coastal Kitchen on day 1

Lounge / Deck

• Appetizers and happy hour drinks are obvious. I heard conflicting information about drinks though. It is just happy hour or are there limited alcoholic drinks from 11-11? on Harmony yes
  • Does the suite deck have a pool? No
  • How busy are these areas typically? lounges are very busy during cocktail hours.  

Services

So the Disney concierge services were amazing they were extremely personable and helpful.  They put only drinks i wanted in my fridge, made some impossible reservations that we missed, coordinated with my wife and daughter to get a special ice cream surprise for my birthday, am i fairly convinced that they actually changed the weather on our Castaway Cay day because it most certainly looked really bad the day prior (i know that's not what happened lol).

• When will the concierge crew reach out via email?
  • Have you seen any vow renewal ceremonies in the suite areas? How were they handled?

10 days is prior is  the furthest out we have been contacted with the form letter  via email.   you can usually expect a response within a day or so  if you ask any questions to make any requests ahead of time.  we always  ask for the extension cord and distilled water for the CPAP.  Fridges are empty now and the bar stewards attend those if you want  anything put in there. 

you will typically be offered one of three or 4  tours at some point.   Bridge, Galley,  theater, etc.   these are free and may include areas not on the tours you pay for.  

what do you mean by suite area?    there really is no suite exclusive  area other than the lounge which is not conducive  to a vow renewal.   those are typically on the helo deck if possible, or  in Viking Crown/Olive or Twist/whatever they are calling the  lounge  on the top most deck .  the concierge can do anything reasonable.   make reservations,  print copies of your  account, print boarding passes, etc.   they cannot necessarily guarantee you the preferred dining time in a specialty restaurant , but they will work with the Maitre d' to do their best.  you can go through them to organize en suite parties( with or without full bar service and  nibbles)