Cruise Critic Community

25 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

@StickMan

what browser are you using and what are you working on - Phone Tablet Laptop etc and what OS   Mac Windows Android etc.

I have multiple platforms I access Cruise Critic from:

ios 12.3.1 with Safari on my iPhone and iPad

Chrome with Windows 10

IE 11 with Windows 10

Edge with Windows 10

None show the signature file - just a set of text similar to a link to them (do you want a screen shot?)

I can only see code where your Signature files should be displayed in your posts 

Edited by Stickman1990

I am not familiar with win10 nor apple products - I have tried with IE on Win7 and it appears to work.

So,  here is the code for your clock

https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=Stickman1990&date=5-8-2019&text=Hong Kong to Tokyo - 17 days&ship=Crystal Symphony

Copy that and post it into a new tab in the browser on IE on win10 and see if you get the certificate message.

Click where it says something like  "open this (not recommended)   and you will (hopefully see your clock)

Then go back into this thread and refresh the page and see if your and others clocks appear.

I dont know if the "fix" will last if you close the browser - I suspect not.  I have so many pages open at once

I usually use "Sleep"  and the fix still works when I resume. 

@FLACRUISER99   Think you had it working in edge - perhaps you can give stickman a few clues?

Ok - I can see the issue is caused by the Cruise Critic Security Certificate having expired several weeks ago

I guess I could just ignore it in settings but I don’t want to ignore a security warning even though I might trust the site 

I’ll leave it for Cruise Critic to get around renewing the certificate (perhaps they need us to pass the hat around?) - I assume they know they have an expired certificate 

1B5CE5AD-B336-42CF-AF80-E8AA9382B94A.jpeg

037A711E-E3B2-4C5E-9FFB-91F13799A9E1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

(perhaps they need us to pass the hat around?)

I think it is $5  or so for a 2 year certificate.  Cant buy a hat to pass round for that. LOL

I am thinking of  emailing the website hostmaster to see if they can do anything.

The contact on "Whois" seems to be someone at tripadvisor.

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I am not familiar with win10 nor apple products - I have tried with IE on Win7 and it appears to work.

So,  here is the code for your clock

https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=Stickman1990&date=5-8-2019&text=Hong Kong to Tokyo - 17 days&ship=Crystal Symphony

Copy that and post it into a new tab in the browser on IE on win10 and see if you get the certificate message.

Click where it says something like  "open this (not recommended)   and you will (hopefully see your clock)

Then go back into this thread and refresh the page and see if your and others clocks appear.

I dont know if the "fix" will last if you close the browser - I suspect not.  I have so many pages open at once

I usually use "Sleep"  and the fix still works when I resume. 

@FLACRUISER99   Think you had it working in edge - perhaps you can give stickman a few clues?

After the win 10 update last night only clocks in Firefox were working without going thru all the steps again.