Taxi availability Copenhagen Port to Airport?

edgee

We are on Zuiderdam and will disembark in Copenhagen. There will be one other 2000 passenger ship in port that day which does not disembark  and it does not arrive until 0900 and will be at a different terminal than ours. We will disembark at Ocean Quay terminal beginning at about 0730. HAL is warning us that we should buy their bus transfers to airport because taxis can be scarce. Has anyone experienced disembarking in Copenhagen and getting a taxi to airport? Wondering if it is difficult and if there are long waits. Any advice would be appreciated. I also posted this on ports of call board but have received no response.

Have you looked into arranging a private transfer? I've found that most airport transfer companies will pick up at the port and take you to the airport for a reasonable price, especially if you can get together with someone from your Roll-Call to increase the passenger count and reduce the pp/cost. 

Of course HAL wants you to use their transfer, as that is money for them. Most times I've found that I can do a transfer for less on my own.

18 minutes ago, drowelf said:

Have you looked into arranging a private transfer? I've found that most airport transfer companies will pick up at the port and take you to the airport for a reasonable price, especially if you can get together with someone from your Roll-Call to increase the passenger count and reduce the pp/cost. 

Of course HAL wants you to use their transfer, as that is money for them. Most times I've found that I can do a transfer for less on my own.

Thanks. Private transfers I have found are better than the HAL bus...because they are private of course (duh), but they are at least 75% more expensive than HAL. Taxi would be cheaper than HAL transfer but I want to have some liklihood they will be available.

Edited by edgee
Clarity

We also used taxis when we disembarked in Copenhagen.  The only thing I would caution is IF you have an early flight.  IF there are many passengers who live in the Copenhagen area, there may be a long line for taxis.  This has happened to us a couple of times in Amsterdam and Copenhagen.  We had a later flight, so it didn't really matter to us.

We too got off in CPH on 7 May -- and the line for taxis was so long, the length of the terminal bldg -- we took our apartment's address to the local bus information booth, found out what stop to get off on, and bought a single-route tickets for CHEAP. We had only carry-on sized bags and daypacks, though, and the apt was intentionally quite close to Oceankaj.

We disembarked May 17 and purchased the HAL transfer. HAL took the luggage directly to airport via truck so we did not have to deal with it in the terminal. HOWEVER, the luggage is retrieved from a tent set up across the road from the airport. Although luggage carts were provided, it was pouring rain and we had to schlep our stuff across the road and wait for a green walk light to cross the road. By the time we got inside terminal we were soaked.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:04 PM, teacherman said:

We also used taxis when we disembarked in Copenhagen.  The only thing I would caution is IF you have an early flight.  IF there are many passengers who live in the Copenhagen area, there may be a long line for taxis.  This has happened to us a couple of times in Amsterdam and Copenhagen.  We had a later flight, so it didn't really matter to us.

Thanks. We have a 12:25 SAS flight to the U.S. So our flight is not early but it is not really late either. Is check in and security for USA flights at Copenhagen an efficient process/ how early do we need to be at airport ahead of our flight? We are flying Business class in case that matters.

I’m interested in hearing more. We have a 10:40am flight out of CPH and figured if we walk off with our luggage in the first group, we can catch a cab to the airport. We are also flying business class and hoping that will expedite us through check-in and security. We fly through Canada to get to the U.S.

Thanks for input. Turns out we disembarked Zuiderdam in Copenhagen at 7:40 a.m. Porter was right there to help us claim our luggage. Zero wait for cab as there were many lined up. 40 minute trip to airport. We checked our bags using SAS Business Class priority line. At that hour there was virtually no wait for regular SAS check in either. We were through security and were in beautiful SAS Airline lounge by 9:00 a.m. Obviously plenty of time to spend ahead of our 12:20 p.m. departure for flight home to the U.S. Only very mild hold up was a 15 minute wait to clear passport control just before getting to our departure gate. No expedited line there for Business Class but there is an automated passport control quick line for citizens of EU countries.