MSC Meraviglia any time dinner

GOLDENBONNY

you can't get any time dining other than in aurea experience but to be honest I have never had to be in a line to get in you go at your given time and you are shown to your table on the first night after that you just walk in at your given time and walk straight to your table

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

GB ... you can't have MyChoice dining unless you're in Aurea (or YC).

and Aurea isn't available unless you book balcony and above? In other words you can't get the Aurea experience if you book an inside or oceanview cabin?

If that's the case are there tables for 2 in the traditional dining rooms?

There are very few 2-tops in the MDRs and are reserved for those celebrating milestone anniversaries/birthdays and those with special needs.  Black Card members are given priority for the remainder by the m'D, who you need to see on embarkation at the designated time to make a request for one. 

Some 2-tops are very close to other tables - which kinda defeats the purpose lol.

Edited by Beamafar

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

GB ... you can't have MyChoice dining unless you're in Aurea (or YC).

that what I  thought but apparently as per my agent we can do it  🙄 Now she is booking for my friends Fantastica balcony and options are late dinner or anytime :classic_blink:

9 hours ago, Beamafar said:

There are very few 2-tops in the MDRs and are reserved for those celebrating milestone anniversaries/birthdays and those with special needs.  Black Card members are given priority for the remainder by the m'D, who you need to see on embarkation at the designated time to make a request for one. 

Some 2-tops are very close to other tables - which kinda defeats the purpose lol.

Thank you for the reply. I was looking at a sailing in December but since we can't get anytime nor a table for 2 I will look at other cruise lines.

Thanks again and much appreciated.🙂

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:33 AM, Beamafar said:

Hi Bea,

are there any more 2 tops in the Meraviglia anytime dining room compared to the traditional dining rooms?

Thanks!

Just now, omarchs said:

Hi Bea,

are there any more 2 tops in the Meraviglia anytime dining room compared to the traditional dining rooms?

Thanks!

While I haven't experienced the MyChoice dining room on Meraviglia, I can still safely say that you'll have no problem getting a 2-top in the MyChoice MDR, though you may have to wait for one should you choose to go at the busier times (usually 7.45 - 8.30).  We always dine when the restaurant opens - or shortly thereafter - so we end up with the same table and waiters each night.  The advantage of that is the host/hostess will 'keep' your table available, plus your waiter gets to know your likes and dislikes.

However, chances are that the 2-tops are quite close to each other - that's been our experience in MyChoice on other ships.

Our experience of the two tops on Seaside was that the tables are, indeed, very close together but more on one side than the other. There is sufficient room on one side to allow you to slide in to your seat and waiters to pass between tables. The narrower gap was about 6 inches but people kept to themselves. One night, the French family at the next table had a birthday cake and waiters singing the HB song. Being so close, we offered congratulations, had a brief conversation in Franglais and scored some of the huge cake! On NCL Epic, we had much more extroverted neighbours at the two tops and nearly always had conversations during dinner. Dining with random strangers is a bugbear for DW, although l have always found it entertaining, for better or worse, but she does not. For our Norwegian fjords cruise on Meraviglia, we booked Fantastica for the premium drinks package so will not upgrade for MyChoice dining with downgraded Easy drinks. We may spend the difference on Speciality Dining instead. Ken

20 hours ago, omarchs said:

.. are there any more 2 tops in the Meraviglia anytime dining room compared to the traditional dining rooms?

I'm pretty sure all Aurea on Meraviglia are assigned to the Panorama restaurant.  The majority of the two tops there are lined up in a row and are quite close to each other.  There's a small number of nice two tops along the back edges.  CC has a photo section of Meraviglia:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/msc-meraviglia-996/panorama-restaurant-411538/

8 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

For our Norwegian fjords cruise on Meraviglia, we booked Fantastica for the premium drinks package so will not upgrade for MyChoice dining with downgraded Easy drinks. We may spend the difference on Speciality Dining instead. Ken

Ken ... I noticed on the website that cruises which have Premium included, if you click the 'gift' icon next to the Aurea prices and check what's included, it shows "Aurea upgrade".  I'm assuming that means that the included Aurea Easy package is upgraded to Premium (if you do the same next to a Fantastica balcony booking it shows that Premium is included).

Mind you, the difference in price between Fantastica and Aurea is just not justifiable anymore as it is much more expensive than booking Fantastica and adding Easy to the fare (when it's not included as a promotion).  In fact, you could book Fantastica, plus Prem+, plus prepay DSC, plus pay for access to the private sundeck and Spa with a massage and still come out on top of the Aurea price.  I don't think that MyChoice dining is worth the huge extra cost that MSC is now looking for for Aurea.

Edited by Beamafar

22 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Ken ... I noticed on the website that cruises which have Premium included, if you click the 'gift' icon next to the Aurea prices and check what's included, it shows "Aurea upgrade".  I'm assuming that means that the included Aurea Easy package is upgraded to Premium (if you do the same next to a Fantastica balcony booking it shows that Premium is included).

Hi Bea. I would not make that assumption at all. I felt it was a blurb to take the bare look off the page! I agree with you on the cost of Aurea now. Not worth it, especially on a fjords cruise where the sundeck may be useless. Ken

On 5/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

and Aurea isn't available unless you book balcony and above? In other words you can't get the Aurea experience if you book an inside or oceanview cabin?

Seaside and Seaview now have two inside cabins classified as Aurea: 10002 & 10003.