Is there a beach directly off the port for RCL?

xps15z

1 hour ago, xps15z said:

Does RCL offer complimentary shuttle when you dock at Roatan to get to their beach? The other question is does RCL have a buffet on the island that is complimentary?

Royal Caribbean does not have their own beach at Roatan or a complimentary shuttle to any beach. They don’t have a complimentary buffet on the island. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

There was a similar post on the Costa Maya board. Neither Roatan or Costa Maya are owned by any cruiseline, so you will not find private cruiseline beaches or buffet set ups. You can look at the ship's excursions, or get ideas for beaches from CC posters. Roatan has some wonderful beaches as you will read.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. The beach at Mahogany Bay is at walking distance, or you can choose the cart ride. No more than 10 min.walking to the beach that is available for everybody. Beautiful beach, plenty of chairs and restaurants. Loved it!

11 minutes ago, Kate P.C said:

Nope. The beach at Mahogany Bay is at walking distance, or you can choose the cart ride. No more than 10 min.walking to the beach that is available for everybody. Beautiful beach, plenty of chairs and restaurants. Loved it!

The OP is docking at Coxen Hole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kate P.C said:

Royal Caribbean does not dock at Mahogany Bay. Mahogany Bay is owned by Carnival Corp. 

To be clear there is a place close to the port in Coxen Hole. Just to the west.  It supposedly has a zipline to get to and from the pier.  And I think a swimming area but maybe just a deck not a beach.

I don't know the name (not Captain Jacks, which is nearby but is just a bar not a beach), but remember reading something about it late last year on this board.  Nothing on Trip Advisor.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

To be clear there is a place close to the port in Coxen Hole. Just to the west.  It supposedly has a zipline to get to and from the pier.  And I think a swimming area but maybe just a deck not a beach.

I don't know the name (not Captain Jacks, which is nearby but is just a bar not a beach), but remember reading something about it late last year on this board.  Nothing on Trip Advisor.

I don’t think so. That would have to be something new. What you are describing with the line sounds like Mahogany Bay. 

14 hours ago, Guest 2000 said:

Fort Consolation in Coxen Hole has an over the water zip line called Monkey Lala. I do not see a beach in the pic but one could sure get in the water. 

https://fortconsolation.com/

Thanks Guest.   Apparently via TA reviews there's a water slide at the end of the pier where you can enter the water and perhaps snorkel a bit.  Not sure what you'll see there.  Think they planted a fake cannon or two.   Zip line could be fun.  But menu looks Mexican not Honduran.:classic_sad: nevertyheless, whole snapper is a fav in Mexican ports for us.

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2019 at 7:45 AM, crewsweeper said:

Thanks Guest.   Apparently via TA reviews there's a water slide at the end of the pier where you can enter the water and perhaps snorkel a bit.  Not sure what you'll see there.  Think they planted a fake cannon or two.   Zip line could be fun.  But menu looks Mexican not Honduran.:classic_sad: nevertyheless, whole snapper is a fav in Mexican ports for us.

HI There -  DId you end up going to Fort Consolation?  I am curious how it was, and if the walk back to the cruise ship was ok (I have heard mixed opinions on safety etc).  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, CJJSanchez said:

HI There -  DId you end up going to Fort Consolation?  I am curious how it was, and if the walk back to the cruise ship was ok (I have heard mixed opinions on safety etc).  Thanks! 

Feb. 2020 is my next time in Roatan.