thalassotherapy pool

eileen11

Hi Eileen

Pretty much all the Carnival ships have steam &/or dry sauna available to everyone in the shower/change rooms attached to the gym. Some even have a hot tub in the area as well, which are usually quiet because of their location. You can see it on the ships' deck plans, and if you are not sure just go visit.

Which ship are you on or looking at? 

Only some of the ships with the Cloud 9 spa experience offer a true thalassotherapy pool with the spa pass or booking of a spa cabin. The others like the Vista, Horizon, and Panorama just have a private use for pass holders hot tub. And converted ships like the Sunshine, Sunrise, and soon to be Radiance do not have any spa pass exclusive pool or hot tub at all.  

• Like 1

@eileen11 I really wanted to enjoy the thalassotherapy pool on the Magic... but I couldn't! I'm not sure when you swim if you're a sinker or a floater- I'm a floater... the pool has these lovely recliners that should allow you to stretch out and relax while the wonderful water floats away all your stress. Except I kept floating off the darned things! I had to brace myself in place which wasn't very comfortable so I ended up sitting on the stairs of the pool while my hubby (a sinker, BTW) relaxed in comfort on the darned lounges!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

I purchased the week long spa pass on the Magic.  There's a limit to how many of these passes they sell, so you may want to book it in advance.

Do they even sell the weekly passes in advance?

*EDIT* I just checked my Vista cruise and they do!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

@eileen11 I really wanted to enjoy the thalassotherapy pool on the Magic... but I couldn't! I'm not sure when you swim if you're a sinker or a floater- I'm a floater... the pool has these lovely recliners that should allow you to stretch out and relax while the wonderful water floats away all your stress. Except I kept floating off the darned things! I had to brace myself in place which wasn't very comfortable so I ended up sitting on the stairs of the pool while my hubby (a sinker, BTW) relaxed in comfort on the darned lounges!

I am not sure if you meant to do so, but I laughed so hard, I spit out my coffee.  Just wanted to say thank you for that!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Ha! I have the same problem.  Thankfully the recliners are rails and you can hang on!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dchi72 said:

I booked my wife and I in a spa room.  

Any recommendations, suggestions, etc?  

If there are treatments you or your wife want book them ahead of boarding. The special discount pricing for spa cabins ends at the time they do the drawings in the spa of the freebies. Though they like to make you think your getting other exclusive deals with the flyers they deliver to your cabin in the am, most of those same offers are passed out to non-spa cabins 12 hours later or are posted the next morning as the daily special in the spa. 

Visit the spa right after you eat lunch on embarkation day to get the tour. As spa guests they like to do this as a private tour (your Welcome Ritual) so they can target the hard sell to book therapies a bit more, but if you go early enough most of the time they are more optimistic about getting sales later on that they may not push as much if they see you are bored by the individual therapist's presentations. 

DO make the most out of the Cloud 9 areas your spa pass grants you access to. DO use the free morning yoga or spin class passes if you never experienced these things but have been curious about them, just remember to sign-up no later than the night before the class takes place. BUT don't fall for the free private body composition analysis or any other free private seminar or assessment they offer you. These are generally guilt trip and body shaming attempts to get you to think you need to buy overpriced supplements or "health" products like shoe inserts.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, Shaded Lady said:

Apologies for my wild giggles at the mental picture.

MANY thanks for the warning about floating off the recliner. I now know I might need to sit on the stairs holding on to the railing. I haven't been swimming for ages, so don't remember if I sink or float. I shall find out in November 2020 when I sail the Carnival Splendour. And counting down the days!

• Like 1

Now I have to figure out if I am a floater or a sinker....LOL!!!!     I looked at my Carnival page and don't see an option to buy a one day pass....only a week long pass to the spa.  Is there someplace I am not looking?

1 hour ago, eileen11 said:

Where can I find day passes to the spa?  I am only able to see weekly passes.  Thanks!!

Single day Cloud 9 passes are only sold on board and subject to availability. IF al the cruise long passes sell out daily passes might not be offered at all (mostly likely) or only be available for use during port day hours (rare).

1 hour ago, eileen11 said:

Where can I find day passes to the spa?  I am only able to see weekly passes.  Thanks!!

Hi

Just go up there on embarkation day. Take a look around, ask questions, and if they have them available, you can buy it then.

Once we tried the thallosotherpy area on the magic, we won't sail without the weekly pass again. In fact, next week we just went ahead and booked a spa room being we know we would buy the package and it wold havery been the same price total and now we're right near the spas with a private elevator.  I visit 3 to 5 times a day. Btw- I'm a  floater on day one, but by chocolate melting cake number 5 (aka day 2)... I settle in nicely. Now getting up off the heated stone loungers... that's a different problem. .

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 6:45 PM, Shaded Lady said:

I'm the same way!  I have to hang on for dear life (especially when the ship was rocking) and the hubby just stays put, relaxing!

On 5/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, crochetcruise said:

Apologies for my wild giggles at the mental picture.

MANY thanks for the warning about floating off the recliner. I now know I might need to sit on the stairs holding on to the railing. I haven't been swimming for ages, so don't remember if I sink or float. I shall find out in November 2020 when I sail the Carnival Splendour. And counting down the days!

The Splendor is my favorite ship and we always book a spa cabin.  Looking forward to our Aug. 31st sail date.  I love the warm benches in one of the rooms.  I stay up there are read for most of the cruise!

Edited by SarahJeanneSays

Tried the Thalassotherapy pool for the first time last week on the Dream. When we first got there, the 'loungers' were full, but before long spots opened up. I tried to relax on the darn things, but if I lay back my head was in jeopardy of going under. So, it was either drown or sit up. The loungers don't accommodate short people very well.

44 minutes ago, coevan said:

anyone been in the Thalasso Pool in heavy seas, it's crazy in there. 😵

We were in the thalassotherapy pool on Magic last year when the the seas were pretty choppy. It was pretty interesting sitting in the pool as the water levels kept going up and down the length of the pool.