Brittania docking late tomorrow

hansol1966

Well I just called them to ask why we didn't have a half bottle of champagne in our cabin on Aurora and got an apology and £25 OBC for October.  Wasn't expecting that!

Mind you that was after waiting forf 13 days for a reply for Loyalty!!

Edited by jeanlyon

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I just called them to ask why we didn't have a half bottle of champagne in our cabin on Aurora and got an apology and £25 OBC for October.  Wasn't expecting that!

Mind you that was after waiting forf 13 days for a reply for Loyalty!!

Thats a good outcome then and to be honest 13 days is positively speedy for P&O customer service.

Nope, haven't even had a reply to that email!!  That's why I phoned.  My TA has just emailed to confirm the extra OBC and it was EACH!!  Well that was a good outcome.  No champers, but £50 OBC

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 2

A few years ago, when I had to have a special diet, it wasn't managed very well on Britannia, so after the cruise I emailed customer services, just to give them some feedback.

To my surprise, they gave me £100 OBC for my next cruise. I was very pleased with this outcome, completely unexpected.

Britannia completed the rest of the trip and docked on time this morning.

As well as the £20 cabin credit everyone got a £75 future cruise deposit as apology for the delays in embarkation. There was also some delays on the tenders going in at St Peter Port that was mentioned on the letter giving the £75  although we experienced no problems with tendering as we were on the Potato Peel Pie   P and O trip. 

Edited by stephenSJ

31 minutes ago, stephenSJ said:

Britannia completed the rest of the trip and docked on time this morning.

As well as the £20 cabin credit everyone got a £75 future cruise deposit as apology for the delays in embarkation. There was also some delays on the tenders going in at St Peter Port that was mentioned on the letter giving the £75  although we experienced no problems with tendering as we were on the Potato Peel Pie   P and O trip. 

Glad the rest of the trip was relatively trouble free.

The offer of the future cruise deposit along with the £20 is a more appropriate gesture in the circumstances, they must go have realised how annoying it was to pax.

It was a lovely cruise 😎 we had perfect sailing weather,,smooth seas and sunshine. 2 medical emergencies,,1 of which was a helicopter evacuation at around 2 or3 am the day we left Santander,,we turned around and headed back so it wasn’t as far for the helicopter to come to us,,captain said someone had been taken “really rather poorly”  I hope both passengers are ok. .the BOB was very kind to us both ways and we saw loads of dolphins. Lots of crew drills went on when we were in port. Lovely ship,,crew all fantastic,,food great.,,a glass or 2 of free champagne was waiting for everyone as we boarded last week and all the ships company went to great lengths to try and make up for the delay. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cappers said:

It was a lovely cruise 😎 we had perfect sailing weather,,smooth seas and sunshine. 2 medical emergencies,,1 of which was a helicopter evacuation at around 2 or3 am the day we left Santander,,we turned around and headed back so it wasn’t as far for the helicopter to come to us,,captain said someone had been taken “really rather poorly”  I hope both passengers are ok. .the BOB was very kind to us both ways and we saw loads of dolphins. Lots of crew drills went on when we were in port. Lovely ship,,crew all fantastic,,food great.,,a glass or 2 of free champagne was waiting for everyone as we boarded last week and all the ships company went to great lengths to try and make up for the delay. 

How fantastic to read of your positive experience without any mention of compensation for the delay, I assume you were happy with the gesture from P&O.

Negativity is surrounding this site at the minute, it's great to hear the positives.

Thank you Cappers.

Andy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

How fantastic to read of your positive experience without any mention of compensation for the delay, I assume you were happy with the gesture from P&O.

Negativity is surrounding this site at the minute, it's great to hear the positives.

Thank you Cappers.

Andy

You’re welcome 😎 I was happy with a glass of bubbly being offered to me as I set foot on Britannia,,I thought it was lovely and welcoming. I understand why they did it,,they didn’t have to but they did,,so cheers P&O.🥂 the extra £20 OBC was also a nice touch. I just think that these things happen you know,,cars break down,,planes get technical issues fairly regularly and delays happen so why should ships be any different. They didn’t do it on purpose,,it was just bad luck really. Life’s too short to spend time moaning about things that you cannot prevent or change.,it drains you. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cappers said:

You’re welcome 😎 I was happy with a glass of bubbly being offered to me as I set foot on Britannia,,I thought it was lovely and welcoming. I understand why they did it,,they didn’t have to but they did,,so cheers P&O.🥂 the extra £20 OBC was also a nice touch. I just think that these things happen you know,,cars break down,,planes get technical issues fairly regularly and delays happen so why should ships be any different. They didn’t do it on purpose,,it was just bad luck really. Life’s too short to spend time moaning about things that you cannot prevent or change.,it drains you. 

My sentiments exactly.

The vitriol surrounding this issue was astounding, mainly by people not affected.

Your attitude is a breath of fresh air.

Andy

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well, very impressed with P&O.

After completing a survey, we were contacted about our experience and delay in getting back home.

P&O refunded our additional nights accommodation and meal which we had to book due to the late arrival time.

Couldn't ask for more than this.

2 hours ago, ABZCRUISE said:

After completing a survey, we were contacted about our experience and delay in getting back home.

P&O refunded our additional nights accommodation and meal which we had to book due to the late arrival time.

Great news, thank you for updating us.

Andy

2 hours ago, ABZCRUISE said:

Nice to hear that they did the right thing.