Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

15 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

So...  I had OceanReady completed on October 8 for our upcoming cruise and got an e-mail saying they had got it and our Medallions would ship 10-20 days before sailing.  All is good...

So, last week, installed MedallionClass app.  Now, I am not only getting the same ! on travel docs that others are getting (though I completed all of this last month), now my daughter is not showing as a travel companion!

I did check and she’s still good to go if I log in on the website, shows completed there, but on OceanReady, she’s not even listed anymore...

Hello @bmc alabama. We are sorry about the challenges you're experiencing.  Please send us an email at AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com with your name and booking number so that we can research this further and quickly resolve. Thank you.

6 hours ago, flamomo said:

Can the Ocean whatever be downloaded to my Samsung tablet, rather than to my cell phone. The phone goes into the safe upon boarding, and not taken out till the end of the cruise, but I frequently tote my tablet (it's only an 8 inch) around with me on the ship, and use it to stay in touch with family back home via email.

Hello @flamomo. Indeed the MedallionClass app will work with your Samsung tablet and you can still enjoy the digital experiences with your phone stashed safely in your cabin. In addition, to make things even more convenient, these experiences can also be accessed on portals found in public areas throughout the ship. And use your stateroom TV to place OceanNow orders for food, drink, amenities and more.

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

now I'm confused again / still... do we need to get Ocean Ready under the "old" OR app or thru the new Medallionclass app ?

Hello @voljeep. Thanks for your question.  OceanReady is now integrated within the MedallionClass app. The OceanReady as a stand alone app is no longer active,  and you can remove it from your device. 

• Thanks 1

We are sailing in Feb 2020.  We will be sailing with SIL and DN in the adjoining cabin.  The last time I spoke to Princess, they said our bookings are linked.  Should that be showing up in Ocean Ready somewhere or do I need to do something manually to link the bookings in Ocean Ready?  Both bookings are completed in Ocean Ready.

5 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hello @bmc alabama. We are sorry about the challenges you're experiencing.  Please send us an email at AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com with your name and booking number so that we can research this further and quickly resolve. Thank you.

BMC Alabama,  I hope you get a better response than I have gotten.  I e-mailed Ocean Medallion twice to tell them that I have gotten.  I e-mailed twice to tell them about incomplete personalizer that isn't incomplete and that one of my cruises is luted twice.  Their only response was asking if I wanted to change my password???/

On 11/5/2019 at 1:16 PM, AskOceanMedallion said:

OceanReady is now integrated within the MedallionClass app. The OceanReady as a stand alone app is no longer active,  and you can remove it from your device. 

OK. I've removed the OceanReady app that I used from my last cruise in Feb & tried to load the MedallionClass app. but it doesn't seem to be comparable with the Samsung S6 android phone. 

All I want is to be able to have the Medallions sent directly to my home like last cruise.

What should I do?

under the new MedallionClass app ... can you just enter your passport info instead of taking a picture/scan ?

gotta finish this by this weekend or we may be picking up the OM's at the port ... which is also OK, as our personalizer is complete and I can easily print boarding passes ...

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

under the new MedallionClass app ... can you just enter your passport info instead of taking a picture/scan ?

gotta finish this by this weekend or we may be picking up the OM's at the port ... which is also OK, as our personalizer is complete and I can easily print boarding passes ...

I may be wrong, but I think they need the photo or scan as verification that you actually do have a valid passport in your possession.  If you don't scan or photo it into ocean ready your Ocean Ready will probably show incomplete for travel documents.  You would then probably need to show the passport at check in.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, jangor said:

BMC Alabama,  I hope you get a better response than I have gotten.  I e-mailed Ocean Medallion twice to tell them that I have gotten.  I e-mailed twice to tell them about incomplete personalizer that isn't incomplete and that one of my cruises is luted twice.  Their only response was asking if I wanted to change my password???/

Well, the "!" is gone, but my daughter is still not showing up in Ocean Ready.  I e-mailed them and never heard anything back...

23 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

Well, the "!" is gone, but my daughter is still not showing up in Ocean Ready.  I e-mailed them and never heard anything back...

I had great luck when I emailed.  I received a response that same day, but your situation is likely more difficult than my question was.

You can call as well. Good luck!

Customer Service Center:
844/525-0942 (Mon-Fri) or 1-800/774-6237 (Weekends)

1 hour ago, bmc alabama said:

I had e-mailed twice with no response, so I called today and within 15 minutes everything was fixed!

2 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

The Oceanready app has been discontinued which may be part of the problem. 

We got off the Star on Monday morning as newly minted Elite passengers. We got home about 3hrs later and I logged in my Captain’s Circle account and saw that I was now Elite. I checked my cruise personalizer for our upcoming Thanksgiving Cruise on the Royal and that still showed as Platinum. Ocean Ready on my phone was also still showing Platinum.

I called Princess and asked them to refresh my booking and I popped up as Elite. I went back to my phone and Ocean Ready now had the correct status, so I finally completed the medallion order form and submitted the request.

2 new shiny Elite medallions showed up on my doorstep this morning courtesy of FedEx 😉 

I enquired about my cruise next November on the Ruby as I couldn’t connect to the app. I Received a prompt reply. 

Hello Mr. Barton.

Thank you for your email. We love your excitement around your upcoming MedallionClass voyage next November on board Ruby Princess.

We currently are in the process of transitioning Ruby Princess into a MedallionClass ship and will soon be entering guest data for 2020 into the system for the OceanReady process. 

Please try again in early January and should you run into any challenges, please email us.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

MedallionClass Support Team

Tom😀

12 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

It’s the Ocean Ready part of the Medallion App.  

Actually, both apps show the same thing...

Thanks but since I've deleted the Ocean Ready app and can't load the MedallionClass app as it's not for my model phones I've go no choice to wait till I get to the ship at this point. About the only thing different will be that we'll have to stand in line for a few more minutes to get out Medallions.

Unless I can call Princess directly & request they mail them to my home.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hello @voljeep. Thanks for your question.  OceanReady is now integrated within the MedallionClass app. The OceanReady as a stand alone app is no longer active,  and you can remove it from your device. 

what about all the other apps we downloaded back in May in addition to Ocean Ready ... are they all now incorporated into the MedallionClass app ?

and I will say, it took a few times to get OReady back in May, but we had the OM in hand when we boarded ..

When we downloaded the MC app , had everything ready in the website Personalizer, all we had to do to get MC ready was to take/scan our passports again , then order the OM's

both times on my wife's mini ipad ... no phones involved ...

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, voljeep said:

I just downloaded the MedallionClass App.  The only problem I had was I couldn't take a photo of our passports.  I tried every angle, light source, and background.  So I manually entered all the info and it accepted it, everything is all green.  I had no problems taking our security photos, it just would take our passports.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

both times on my wife's mini ipad ... no phones involved ...

That was exactly how I did the MC and Ocean Ready.  Worked fine except it was very difficult to get a good scan of the passport.  When I took photo of the passport it worked like a charm.  Can't wait for the medallions to arrive, but it's still a couple of months out yet...:classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

I just downloaded the MedallionClass App.  The only problem I had was I couldn't take a photo of our passports.  I tried every angle, light source, and background.  So I manually entered all the info and it accepted it, everything is all green.  I had no problems taking our security photos, it just would take our passports.

The sheen on the first page of the passport was causing a problem so I made a color copy of the passport and took my photos of the passport copies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

The sheen on the first page of the passport was causing a problem so I made a color copy of the passport and took my photos of the passport copies.

It appears to me all the camera is scanning is the bar code.  If that's the case entering it manually should not make any difference.

I am sure I am not the first to say this and will not be the last - having read through most of these posts, we are just going to wait and get a medallion at cruise check in - mo interest in App - medallion is a glorified cruise card.

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I am sure I am not the first to say this and will not be the last - having read through most of these posts, we are just going to wait and get a medallion at cruise check in - mo interest in App - medallion is a glorified cruise card.

Except that the app provides a way of ordering the Medallions ahead of arriving at the terminal. It's one less thing I have to concern myself about when boarding.

17 hours ago, ED49404 said:

It appears to me all the camera is scanning is the bar code.  If that's the case entering it manually should not make any difference.

I read where somebody manually entered their information into Ocean Ready and they got the green indicator for travel docs.  I was always under the impression (maybe I was wrong about it) that you had to show your travel docs at check in because it was the responsibility of the carrier to verify that you possessed the proper travel documents.  I think it is that way for the airlines doing international flights as well.  What's to prevent somebody from creating a false identity by merely typing whatever they want into the ocean ready app?