Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

1. You can replace the picture, we used pictures of our pups.

2. No answer other than trust the electronic mechanism unless you hand your medallion to your partner and have them walk down the hall and then check the door. You will tire of that routine quickly. 

1 hour ago, rollingjay said:

I understand the security photo but have a question about the profile photo.  Can it be a cute picture of our pet or does it have to be a picture of my husband and myself? Is it displayed on the screen outside your door?  Not sure I want my picture outside my door.  

Second question.  When you leave your cabin and close your door how can you make sure it is locked? If you walk back to check the medallion will open it again I presume.  I always lie to try the handle to make sure it is locked.  

Thanks for any answers!

You can use your pets photos. My cousin used a picture of Jiminy cricket see photo.  My wife told me you can check the door after you leave the cabin by shaking the door handle.

Tony

C2C1D424-3CCA-44B1-9B75-1C3301BFEC3E.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Did everyone see the countdown clock in the Ocean Ready section of the new MedallionClass app? Nothing like seeing it tick down to get you excited for your trip!

IMG_5706.PNG.jpg

Your right 😁 I check it out every couple of days just to make me feel better knowing I’m almost ready to go.🛳

Tony

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Good morning. The answer is probably somewhere buried in this thread but I honestly do not have time to look this morning.  Do you know what is the latest date that you can order your medallion and still have it sent to your home?  Thank you!

12 days.

7C9D0CF4-17D4-47E7-9FE3-337816F7DB54.jpeg

Edited by idahospud

Wow, this Ocean Ready app, at least with Android, it really messed up!

I downloaded the app and registered with my chosen user ID and password and our booking number without dificulty two days ago. However when I attempted to logon today to scan my passport, I could not even get logged on. It kept telling me my ID/Password were incorrect. So i used the "forgot password" option to reset my password and try again. That resulted in an email with a link to reset my password. However, attempting to add and confirm my new password resulted several times in some error message such as "something wrong, try later". When I did try about 3 hours later, this is the screen I got:

image.png.41bedfb876e7ee957228c8ae23af33e6.png

I'm done for the day. I suppose I''ll try the entire process above in a couple more days and see if I have better luck........

I sure hope Ocean Ready doesn't become mandatory, or the cruise ship could be pretty empty!🙄

Doug

Holy cannoli!  I thought I was computer literate, but after reading through this thread, I am feeling a bit dizzy!

So we have a cruise booked for Dec. 1.  Over 90 days.  Final payment has been made.  (I know, I know other packages, etc., but we want our chosen room). Do I start now?  Should I continue to complete the Personalizer on my laptop (MacPro, in case it matters) or should I download the Ocean Ready app on my Iphone and complete it there?  Should I do mine on my phone and DH on his? Does it make a difference?  After I complete personalizer, what should be my next step and when?  I feel like I do not know where or when to begin.  I feel like the rest will follow.  HEEEELP!

On 8/20/2019 at 6:03 PM, GJCruiser said:

Is there a trick to get the Ocean Ready to recognize the Booking Number? Cruise is about 50 days out.

@GJCruiser If you're sailing on Regal, Royal, Caribbean or Crown, you can link your booking number now. If you have the MedallionClass app (currently in the Apple App store and coming soon to Google Play), its easier to link your booking and then go through the OceanReady process. If you'll be sailing on the new Sky Princess, you'll be able to link your booking beginning  Sept. 3.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jangor said:

Holy cannoli!  I thought I was computer literate, but after reading through this thread, I am feeling a bit dizzy!

So we have a cruise booked for Dec. 1.  Over 90 days.  Final payment has been made.  (I know, I know other packages, etc., but we want our chosen room). Do I start now?  Should I continue to complete the Personalizer on my laptop (MacPro, in case it matters) or should I download the Ocean Ready app on my Iphone and complete it there?  Should I do mine on my phone and DH on his? Does it make a difference?  After I complete personalizer, what should be my next step and when?  I feel like I do not know where or when to begin.  I feel like the rest will follow.  HEEEELP!

@jangor If you're sailing on Regal Princess, you can get OceanReady now by downloading the MedallionClass app and following the steps. Those steps include completing Cruise Personalizer requirements and you can link from OceanReady to Cruise Personalizer to do so. Then progress through the other elements of OceanReady - scan travel docs, add security photo, order Medallions/accessories, and you'll be all set.  If you're sailing on the exciting new Sky Princess, you'll be able to get OceanReady beginning Sept 3.

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Wow, this Ocean Ready app, at least with Android, it really messed up!

I downloaded the app and registered with my chosen user ID and password and our booking number without dificulty two days ago. However when I attempted to logon today to scan my passport, I could not even get logged on. It kept telling me my ID/Password were incorrect. So i used the "forgot password" option to reset my password and try again. That resulted in an email with a link to reset my password. However, attempting to add and confirm my new password resulted several times in some error message such as "something wrong, try later". When I did try about 3 hours later, this is the screen I got:

image.png.41bedfb876e7ee957228c8ae23af33e6.png

I'm done for the day. I suppose I''ll try the entire process above in a couple more days and see if I have better luck........

I sure hope Ocean Ready doesn't become mandatory, or the cruise ship could be pretty empty!🙄

Doug

@PaperSniper4 Hi Doug. We're sorry that you've experienced some challenges becoming OceanReady. We'd be happy to assist you directly through our OceanNavigator support line at 844/525-0942 which is available from 9a to midnight ET Monday-Friday, or by calling 800/776-6237 9a-9p ET on weekends.

34 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

@GJCruiser If you're sailing on Regal, Royal, Caribbean or Crown, you can link your booking number now. If you have the MedallionClass app (currently in the Apple App store and coming soon to Google Play), its easier to link your booking and then go through the OceanReady process. If you'll be sailing on the new Sky Princess, you'll be able to link your booking beginning  Sept. 3.

@AskOceanMedallionEmerald Princess.

They should state in the app what ships this applies to.