Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

8 hours ago, OzPilot said:

This is what the OceanReady Pass looks like.  FYI 

9322402E-95F2-4E69-BE44-4AAA6BE971E4.thumb.jpeg.ebc2328a120ccd4b7e72408efa7fdec1.jpeg

I do not recall seeing anything like that when I (thought I) completed the OR steps. I had a little photo of my wife and myself with a green border, and a check in it. I do not recall doing anything with the "Cruise Personalizer".....did you complete something under it using the OR app? What items? I have already printed my boarding passes and luggage tags, but the only reason I completed the OR was to get onto the ship maybe a little quicker.......

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I do not recall seeing anything like that when I (thought I) completed the OR steps. I had a little photo of my wife and myself with a green border, and a check in it. I do not recall doing anything with the "Cruise Personalizer".....did you complete something under it using the OR app? What items? I have already printed my boarding passes and luggage tags, but the only reason I completed the OR was to get onto the ship maybe a little quicker.......

I see the same thing as OzPilot using the “Get OceanReady” section of the MedallionClass app.  

Below our green circled photos at the top is the “Open & Save OceanReady Pass” option which when selected displays our OR Pass.  It still lacks a save function so I took a screenshot of our boarding passes but haven’t decided whether we’ll print them like last time or just show our screenshots.

21F6571F-43F0-42F4-9FE6-EC52C83480F2.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

15 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I see the same thing as OzPilot using the “Get OceanReady” section of the MedallionClass app.  

Below our green circled photos at the top is the “Open & Save OceanReady Pass” option which when selected displays our OR Pass.  It still lacks a save function so I took a screenshot of our boarding passes but haven’t decided whether we’ll print them like last time or just show our screenshots.

21F6571F-43F0-42F4-9FE6-EC52C83480F2.jpeg

I got to that point but don't know how to take a screen shot.  Is one code good for both of us?

9 minutes ago, donswife said:

I got to that point but don't know how to take a screen shot.  Is one code good for both of us?

Do a Google search: "screen shot on ....(name of your device)". It's usually very straightforward. 

Each of you will have a separate code.

The other option is to have the app up and running when you get to check-in and show the Passes on your device;

fullsizeoutput_2b48.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, donswife said:

Looking at both of our QR Codes they’re different so it appears that you’ll need screenshots of both OceanReady Passes.

I don’t know how your device takes screenshots but on my Apple mobile devices it’s done by simultaneously pushing the power and the home button. 

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Cruise Personalizer was completed the old fashioned way on the Princess website.  I used the MedallionClass™ app - not OceanReady.

This will all be interesting to tackle once my medallion class app gets corrected.  It is saying that we are on a cruise that leaves Oct 24 when we are actually on a cruise that leaves Oct 14.  Called the help # for the app and they said it must be a glitch and they will have to let IT handle it.  Allow 2 days..... not holding my breath.    This is odd since i checked in on the Princess.com website with no issues.  Just having problems with the Medallion class app on both mine and my husbands phone.  Will keep you all posted as to what happens.

3 hours ago, OzPilot said:

Do a Google search: "screen shot on ....(name of your device)". It's usually very straightforward. 

The other option is to have the app up and running when you get to check-in and show the Passes on your device;

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Looking at both of our QR Codes they’re different so it appears that you’ll need screenshots of both OceanReady Passes.

I don’t know how your device takes screenshots but on my Apple mobile devices it’s done by simultaneously pushing the power and the home button. 

I found instructions and did my first ever screen shots! Thank you

• Like 2

fullsizeoutput_2b48.thumb.jpeg.38308dceaf597d05cd30ade545fd4ebf.jpeg

That’s what mine looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 8:25 PM, Doug R. said:

You have intranet and internet confused. Using the applications do not use up your internet minutes. Intranet use is free to access the Patters, etc. Printing off the forms will lengthen your boarding time as compared to being Ocean Ready.

I noticed that as well.  They also didn't factor in that the app with it's daily schedule of events is the most up to date listing while the Patter was created the day before and doesn't account for any changes.  Everything you need to know about the ship is at your fingertips on your smart device in addition to being able to send and receive emails wherever you are and contact a fellow traveler. If you are using a tablet device for reading or playing games and have it with you wherever you go, then you have all the Ocean Ready app features with you as well.  Don't have to fold up a Patter to take with you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

That’s what mine looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who took the trouble to post screen shots and additional information. I was able to complete all the OR steps, including putting screen shots on my photo in my Photo Gallery. I've now got all sorts of boarding documents; hopefully that will save a little time getting on the ship. If not, no biggie, I don't recall ever waiting so long to board a Princess ship.

Doug

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks to all who took the trouble to post screen shots and additional information. I was able to complete all the OR steps, including putting screen shots on my photo in my Photo Gallery. I've now got all sorts of boarding documents; hopefully that will save a little time getting on the ship. If not, no biggie, I don't recall ever waiting so long to board a Princess ship.

Doug

You're very welcome. I, too, don't recall ever waiting too long to board. We're travelling with friends - they have not done any of the OR stuff and we have, so it will be interesting to see how our boarding experiences differ. Having been involved with computers my whole career, I like to see a new system emerge, see how it works, see what problems (& solutions) it has, etc. Learning new stuff is fun and keeps the brain active!

Cheers. Bill

This thread was most helpful. Kudos to the OP.

I got the dreaded 'not on file' error message when I attempted to log back into OR to capture the QR boarding images. I simply positioned the cursor on my Samsung S8 and backspaced the email to being empty. I re-entered the email and password and it worked fine. Must be some kind of issue with the saved email/login ID. 

44 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

For those that have sailed recently...when i screenshot the OR boarding pass do they only need the QR code or do they need to be able to see everything name, ship, boarding date etc.  my screen is not that big and i can only get so much of it in my screen grab....

An excellent question. I was about ready to post the same question. I ended up with 3 screen shots. The first two looked important; the third had little information on it. I'm expecting the the one "required" is probably the one with the QR code, but I have all three for my wife and me on my phone...also printed them out....also printed the "old fashioned" boarding passes from the Princess web page. Better safe than sorry.....I expect a bit of confusion when I check in for our cruise in November.....and hopefully I have everything I need to expedite things. 😎

3 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

An excellent question. I was about ready to post the same question. I ended up with 3 screen shots. The first two looked important; the third had little information on it. I'm expecting the the one "required" is probably the one with the QR code, but I have all three for my wife and me on my phone...also printed them out....also printed the "old fashioned" boarding passes from the Princess web page. Better safe than sorry.....I expect a bit of confusion when I check in for our cruise in November.....and hopefully I have everything I need to expedite things. 😎

OMG how did you print the one with the QR code...I am using an android and cant find a way to print it...believe i dont recall seeing how to print on my ipad either....

34 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

same with us ... we will hopefully have OM's in hand ( we did on our May cruise on the CB ) and will also have printed boarding passes and a copy of "everything else" that you can print ... travel summary, copies of items pre-purchased, etc.

Here's a link to several methods. However, the easiest is the 'palm swipe'. 

Bring up the desired screen. Swipe the edge of your hand across the screen from left to right. It make take a couple of attempts because it is sensing a swipe of the entire screen and your hand may not be flat. Note that this 'palm swipe' feature is the default setting on most Samsung phones. The image will be stored in your Gallery. You can then access it from Gallery and edit the image, saving it in whatever way you wish. I copied the entire screen, showing the green circles and QR code, and made a second image that's just the QR code.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-screenshot-on-samsung-galaxy

10 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Here's a link to several methods. However, the easiest is the 'palm swipe'. 

Bring up the desired screen. Swipe the edge of your hand across the screen from left to right. It make take a couple of attempts because it is sensing a swipe of the entire screen and your hand may not be flat. Note that this 'palm swipe' feature is the default setting on most Samsung phones. The image will be stored in your Gallery. You can then access it from Gallery and edit the image, saving it in whatever way you wish. I copied the entire screen, showing the green circles and QR code, and made a second image that's just the QR code.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-screenshot-on-samsung-galaxy

thanks i know how to do the screen grab and when i swipe left to right it still only grabs what is showing on the actual screen vs the entire"page".  i was hoping to be able to print the entire thing but cant seem to find a way to print out the boarding pass with the QR code...so i would have to either open in live there or do several screen shots to get each part of the entire pass...BUT if just the QR code itself is needed to be seen i will do a shot of just that...just not sure what princess will want to see.  i would assume (but you know how that goes) that having the medallion in hand and just a shot of the QR code should get me on the ship........but what if it doesnt...i hate to hold up the line while i get online to open the darn app and get to the full pass where they have to scroll up and down to see full details and QR code...the fact that it says "print a copy of the ocean ready pass" but does not show a place to click print...why put this wording on it if there is no print button unless there is a trick on the android to print vs screen grab...

7 minutes ago, john_galt said:

I'll have a paper backup copy on me. I think I'm 9 days out of the 75 day window for the boarding pass and luggage tags. 

the only paper backup i can have is the pass from the personalizer which does not have the QR code...so princess needs to help me know which one is/will be needed to use with the medallion.  is the QR code needed?

Capture.JPG