Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

11 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

This app is still buggier than ever, when I open it the main screen says that I'm on day 10 "At sea" of my cruise. My next cruise in on 12/4 on the Sky - LOL. I've been checking it almost daily, whatever "cruise I'm on" must be one heck of a sea day cruise, so far it's been 10 straight sea days. LOL! 

Is anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot_20190923-091608.png

Finally - I guess that cruise ended - It's now set to my next real cuises, the Sky in December - nice job Princess, hope I got a cruise credit for that (not that I need it anymore).

Edited by CruiseVA

13 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hello @wrongwaywatson. Pls accept on apologies for the inconvenience you're experiencing. Would you pls send us an email at AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com so we can learn more about the challenge you're having and troubleshoot to get you back on course? Thank you in advance.

Sent it tonight!

I have the MedallionClass™ app downloaded and all my info is entered and complete. I am curious about “journey view”.  There is nothing in it about our Nov cruise.  When will the schedule start to populate on the app?  When can I add my own items?

12 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

I have the MedallionClass™ app downloaded and all my info is entered and complete. I am curious about “journey view”.  There is nothing in it about our Nov cruise.  When will the schedule start to populate on the app?  When can I add my own items?

Hello @kitty2264. What ship will you be sailing on in November?

The schedule info under Journey View for our Oct. 5 Regal cruise is in conflict with the entertainment email we received a few days ago from Princess. Which should I believe?

Best example is the app shows Sweet Soul Music in the Princess theater on embarkation day. The email refers to three other production shows. They can't be doing four shows on a 7-night cruise, can they?

I hope AskOceanMedallion is reading these posts.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and my husband has a Galaxy S8 both running Android 9.  I know at least 2 other people on these boards that have Galaxy S8 phones that are having the same issue we are with MedallionClass, it freezes when it is opened and nothing can be done.  I am  posting this here because the matter has become critical due to the fact that the latest update to OceanReady now tells you to go to MedallionClass to use it.  Until MedallionClass is fixed for our products, we need OceanReady.  What is going on?

Trying to start using app and get this 'A network error occurred.  Status code didn't fall within given range.'  

Also when going to Ocean.COM on laptop I get 

"NETGEAR Armor has blocked this site for your protection! It might contain malware, phishing, fraud attempt or other forms of criminal content that can infect your computer, get sensitive information such as passwords and credit card details or compromise other devices."

Any suggestions on how to get this working.

Tom

8 hours ago, MTNestr said:

“Ocean Ready” keeps saying my Cruise Personalizer is incomplete but the Princess Website says it is complete.  How can I correct “Ocean Ready”?

Hello @MTNester. In addition to completing all requirements within Cruise Personalizer, full payment must also have been made. If we can assist you further, pls email us at AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com. 

• Thanks 1

I have the ocean ready app and filled it all in and am waiting for my Medallion.   🙂   one question we leave on Oct 26th of this year and my stateroom buddy has the ocean ready app also and her app changed this last week it now has  a countdown clock etc.   Mine remains the same as when I originally downloaded it.    Just wondering why it changed and not mine.    This is her new app picture.

Image may contain: text and water

Edited by mrsihopes

With all the changes and amalgamations of apps over the least year, my head is spinning a little bit. Just confirming that I only need one app, the medallion class? Or do I still need Ocean Ready? I’m thinking not...

Anything else? 

Thank you!

On 10/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, h-sar said:

Just confirming that I only need one app, the medallion class? Or do I still need Ocean Ready? I’m thinking not...

Anything else? 

Thank you!

I was wondering the same thing. I still have all the old apps, but it appears everything runs in Medallion Class. I have had Medallion Class send me to one of the old apps though.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, idahospud said:

There's a new app out there that combines the OceanReady app with some of the other Ocean Medallion apps. I just stumbled upon it. I put it on the main part of the Princess board, but here's the link in case you didn't see it. It should be easier now that we're not having to download a ton of apps!

Have the MedallionClass™ app downloaded and ready to go for December. I’ve been reading that about a month before the cruise, information about activities and your ship excursions will begin showing in the "journey view" part. We aren’t that close yet but looking forward to seeing & using it. 

On 7/29/2019 at 9:24 PM, SharkieRools said:

Not cruising until November, but thought I'd get a sneak peek of the apps.  Was able to login to OceanReady and was able to link my upcoming cruise.  Was also able to create a Tagalong in the PlayOcean app.  2 problems I've run into so far:

• OceanNow is not showing my cruise countdown.  It actually worked the first time I tried it, but seems like after I linked the cruise in OceanReady it disappeared.  Tried linking to it in the app itself but alas, still no countdown.  Not a big deal, more of a curiosity. 
  • Can't install OceanCompass on my phone (android.)  It downloads, then gives an error:  "Can't install OceanCompass, try again and if it still doesn't work..."  Tried what was suggested and more (clearing various caches, rebooting, etc etc etc) to no avail - can instal other apps still, just not this one.  Installs on my tablet and my wife's phone (same model as mine.)

Anyhow was wondering if others had similar issues and how they resolved them.  I have plenty of time to figure it out or give them a call but thought I'd throw it out here first.

there is a new way to access all of the apps in one section. It’s called MedallionClass™ and is available as an android version in addition to an Apple version. You might try that. What you have entered in the “old “app should populate into the new.

The MedallionClass app does not recognize that my iPhone XS Max is connected to the internet. It says off line and directs me to connect to MedallionNet and my WiFi settings.  Clearly, we're not on board as the cruise isn't until next year.  I've restarted the phone, reset the network settings, reinstalled the app.  Nothing works.  Is anyone else experiencing this also?

Thanks.

Lani

DO NOT UPGRADE if you are using Ipad with the new IpadOS.

Was working well before update. Now same as Lani  above. I wonder whether Princess got the LOWEST bidder to  develop  the MedallionClass software.  Fortunately I have the printout and already got the medallion.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CZEE said:

The MedallionClass app does not recognize that my iPhone XS Max is connected to the internet. It says off line and directs me to connect to MedallionNet and my WiFi settings. 

May not be just an iPhone issue as I just tried it on my Samsung and got the same message. Like you, my cruise isn't until next year, so perhaps that is a factor....

29 minutes ago, Grislap said:

May not be just an iPhone issue as I just tried it on my Samsung and got the same message. Like you, my cruise isn't until next year, so perhaps that is a factor....

Our cruise is in 23 days and My phone is supposedly unable to connect to my Wi-Fi or get on line any other way. Thought it might be my VPN but that didn't help, I have a Samsung S7 running 8.0.0

T

34 minutes ago, Grislap said:

My next MedallionClass™ cruise is 42 days away and I’m having the same issue.