Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

1 minute ago, awesomeblossom said:

Oh, thank you, thank you. I’ll look at that link right now. Sometimes I panic too easily. (Or so I’m told.) 

You’re very welcome...It was daunting for us before our first MedallionClass cruises but once onboard nearly everything went smoothly.

There are still glitches in this new technology but we had no major issues and used the Medallion for embarkation/disembarkation, getting on/off the ship in ports and accessing our cabin.  If bringing a smartphone you can download apps in advance that you might want to use during your cruise.  With the OceanNow app everyone in our group received a free first drink delivered to us & we enjoyed that freebie. 😊 🍹

It sounds like the app does indeed have a few “glitches”.” I may have to think about whether or not I want to use the apps. After all, I do carry my iPhone with me all the time because it also has an app that allows me to control my hearing aids. So carrying the phone wouldn’t be an inconvenience. Again, thank you for the help and helping so quickly!

Great start, my Samsung tablet (not that old and has all the updates) is not compatible with Ocean Ready but can download all the other apps. My smartphone is compatible but I hate using screens so small for anything to do with the internet other than basic browsing.

I notice people on here refer to scanning your passport - does that simply mean taking a photo and uploading it or scanning in the traditional sense. I'm sorry if this a language terminology difference between the US and us.

55 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I notice people on here refer to scanning your passport - does that simply mean taking a photo and uploading it or scanning in the traditional sense. I'm sorry if this a language terminology difference between the US and us.

You take a photo of your passport to add it to the OceanReady app & not an actual scan from a scanner/printer.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Using my phone, email, and password, I have made both my DH and I ocean ready and ordered our medallions.

So, if he wants to use his phone onboard for apps, as I understand it I must download Ocean Ready on his phone and create a profile for him with a different email/password.  Will it know that he is ocean ready once I add the booking number? 😕

Or is there more I have to do??

12 hours ago, leck57 said:

I notice people on here refer to scanning your passport - does that simply mean taking a photo and uploading it or scanning in the traditional sense.

You have to align the code line on your passport to a window in the app. It then scans that line and creates a page with all of your passport info. Really kind of cool.

Jim

18 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

You have to align the code line on your passport to a window in the app. It then scans that line and creates a page with all of your passport info. Really kind of cool.

Jim

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You take a photo of your passport to add it to the OceanReady app & not an actual scan from a scanner/printer.

At least in my case I was prompted to do both the above: scan the encoded bottom line into the app and take a photograph of the relevant pages.

According to the Ocean Navigator I just spoke with, the system will only recognize one cruise at a time as being Ocean Ready. 

I called because we have a 7/13 cruise that we've made fully "Ocean Ready".

Our next cruise is 8/9. The Cruise Personalizer welcome page is displaying all of the Ocean Ready information for this later cruise but it will not let me complete the Ocean Ready process. So I called. This is when I was told that we will not be able to become "Ocean Ready" for the 8/9 cruise until we return from the 7/13 cruise.

One at a time in the Ocean Ready queue, it appears. 

58 minutes ago, fishywood said:

At least in my case I was prompted to do both the above: scan the encoded bottom line into the app and take a photograph of the relevant pages.

As I recall from 3 months ago, I also used my smartphone to scan the barcode & take a photo of the page containing my passport information & photo.  My wife’s name had a misspelling in the OceanReady app which she corrected before accepting it.

Since that cruise my passport had to be renewed which arrives soon (it’s nice that we can sign up for processing updates & shipping information...4 weeks) & thus I signed into my OR app to locate how to update my passport information.  I checked every option but there wasn’t one to update my passport information.  After it arrives I’ll first update the information in my Cruise Personalizer & see if that automatically transfers to my OR app or if it will allow me to reenter my renewed passport information into the OR app.  Since I previously had to scan the barcode & take a photo of the information page would think I’d have to do it again however I am not seeing that option in my OR app.

Has anyone experienced updating passport information in the OR app after previously providing information from a now expired passport?

If not, I’ll share my experience after receiving my renewed passport.

Edited by Astro Flyer

25 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

According to the Ocean Navigator I just spoke with, the system will only recognize one cruise at a time as being Ocean Ready. 

Our next cruise is 8/9. The Cruise Personalizer welcome page is displaying all of the Ocean Ready information for this later cruise but it will not let me complete the Ocean Ready process. So I called. This is when I was told that we will not be able to become "Ocean Ready" for the 8/9 cruise until we return from the 7/13 cruise.

Thanks for the information...thankfully when having B2B cruises with different booking numbers they are combined together in OR & use one Medallion.  

The one downside I discovered was for our free internet minutes it was considered a 14 day cruise so we received 250 minutes instead of 300.  Other passengers on our cruise said that upon request the Internet Café manager would replace the missing 50 minutes.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

Using my phone, email, and password, I have made both my DH and I ocean ready and ordered our medallions.

So, if he wants to use his phone onboard for apps, as I understand it I must download Ocean Ready on his phone and create a profile for him with a different email/password.  Will it know that he is ocean ready once I add the booking number? 😕

Or is there more I have to do??

DH and I are Ocean Ready using same e mail and password (we both have Ocean Ready on our phones and can log in with same e mail and password).  All the other apps (which sound like they don't have anything to do with the Ocean Ready app), do require a separate e mail (could be same password), for both.  At least that is my experience.  I have only done the Ocean Ready, and also Play Ocean (where you make your little avatar)  I have to use 2 separate e mail accounts.  DH tried to get Ocean Now, and was unsuccessful.  Not sure if we are doing anything wrong. I'm thinking as long as we have Ocean Ready when we board we should be fine, then once aboard, either we can ask (if we haven't been successful downloading the other apps), or according to one of the Princess Patters that someone posted there is a seminar in the theater after we get on the ship.

Edited by KG2019

I have a medallion cruise in late October. I was surprised to find the OceanReady app already let me enter it and start entering information (passports, photos). I've already entered everything in the Cruise Personalizer but the Personalizer bubble is showing not ready with the orange exclamation point. Is there something else that needs to be done in the Personalizer or is just because it's too far out even though it let me do everything else.

6 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

I have a medallion cruise in late October. I was surprised to find the OceanReady app already let me enter it and start entering information (passports, photos). I've already entered everything in the Cruise Personalizer but the Personalizer bubble is showing not ready with the orange exclamation point. Is there something else that needs to be done in the Personalizer or is just because it's too far out even though it let me do everything else.

If your CP shows you’re Check-In is complete then it should be the same for the OR app.

My experiences have been the OR app will one time show everything is ready & the next time it’s not ready.  You might want to call their Navigators to ask about your issue:  1-844-525-0942

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

If Ocean Ready shows your personalizer is not complete, even though it appears that way on your PC, scroll down for the personalizer on your phone, and make sure all the required check boxes are indeed checked.  That should do the trick.

Stan

16 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

I'm Ocean Ready on both my 7/26 & 10/14 cruises. Already have screenshot both passes. So maybe that's fixed now?

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

I'm Ocean Ready on both my 7/26 & 10/14 cruises. Already have screenshot both passes. So maybe that's fixed now?

After reading your post I went back and checked my info. Sure enough, both the 7/13 cruise and the 8/9 cruise are fully "Ocean Ready". Hard for me to believe that the system was fixed in the last two days. More likely a case of yet another member of Princess staff (an Ocean Navigator this time) who wasn't fully trained on the specifics in their field of expertise.  

Seems that more than one cruise can be stacked in the Ocean Ready queue. 

I apologize for my earlier post and offering what was clearly bad information. 

18 minutes ago, Silverspringcruiser said:

If we're Ocean Ready and have our medallions does Princess still prefer that we follow their progressive check-in guidelines and check in at the appropriate time for our deck?

Those progressive times are not enforced whether boarding with an OM or a cruise card.

34 minutes ago, KG2019 said:

Any suggestions from my post above?  On downloading the other apps?  We keep getting "Registration Failed"

I'm getting that I'm currently on Regal Princess (haven't sailed that one yet and my 2 reservations are on Caribbean & Royal) on Ocean Compass and cannot log in on the 4 other apps (Ready, Now, Play, View) thru Compass. I downloaded each separately on Google Play and can access all thru their individual icons.  Weird bc those apps are supposed to work within Compass. 

1 hour ago, KG2019 said:

Any suggestions from my post above?  On downloading the other apps?  We keep getting "Registration Failed"

Are you getting "registration failed" with the Ocean Ready, or the other Ocean apps? If the other Ocean Apps, I'm guessing they only work when you are on board the ship and connected to their wifi.

I completed ocean ready for my husband and I in Feb. when we sailed on the Regal on my Samsung smartphone.  I was not able to do it on my Samsung Galaxy tablet which I would have preferred.  I used one password and email and I was able to locate my husband on the ship by using my medallion to locate him on the ship's deck picture by the elevators.  I did not use my phone while on board.