Handicapped using scooter

casperbks

I will be arriving in Puerto Rico on a cruise ship in first week of November.  Can you please help me to make a plan of places that I can go using a scooter from the cruise ship?  I like shopping for island made items,  seeing interest places, and I love taking photo's ..  thank you for all of your help.

The streets of Old San Juan are cobble stones so crossing at intersections can be difficult i suggest always having help when doing it your scooter?wheel chair can become unstable. 

The sidewalks are big enough for you to ride through most of the old city.  When i was there someone who was crossing a street once going down the ramp of the sidewalk ( not sure what you cal the dip in the sidewalk for wheel chairs) fell over:)

But if you are not alone and keep this in mind you should be fine in most of the streets especially the major one Fortaleza.  Seeing the fort is doable, take your time:)

Keep in mind the street by the pier is level, but to get into Old San Juan involves going up hills. And of course going down the same hills to go back to the ship. My wife uses a scooter on all our cruises, but San Juan is a stop that she stays onboard. I don't want to discourage you, but just set expectations. Many shops are not scooter accessible. Are you able to walk a bit on your own?