Can we carry flowers onboard at embarkation?

jennaja

Our cruise originates in Seattle, and I'd like to buy a bunch of flowers at Pike's Market for our cabin.  Will HAL allow us to bring fresh flowers on board when we embark?  If it matters, the ship is the Amsterdam.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, jennaja said:

Our cruise originates in Seattle, and I'd like to buy a bunch of flowers at Pike's Market for our cabin.  Will HAL allow us to bring fresh flowers on board when we embark?  If it matters, the ship is the Amsterdam.

Thanks!

yes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jennaja said:

Thanks!

I hope Kazu aka Jacqui chimes in for you!

I want to say yes!! Jacqui did a wonderful blog recently doing a cruise and she loves flowers and would buy them. I have never done that but I see no reason why not!Denise😊

• Like 2

I've brought flowers onboard at embarkation a few times. (And sometimes at port calls, too).  I bring a foldable plastic vase that packs flat. It stays in my folder with all of our cruise/tour documents so I always have it with us on our travels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dchip said:

We share our anniversary with our sons and daughters in love. Flowers from Pikes Market. We brought them on the ship. 

Cheers, Denise 

4F120719-24B4-462F-821C-44FD59AF8A25.jpeg

Those flowers are gorgeous!

• Like 3

I've often brought flowers onboard at embarkation, and at various ports.  You can ask your cabin steward for a vase and one will magically appear!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I hope Kazu aka Jacqui chimes in for you!

I want to say yes!! Jacqui did a wonderful blog recently doing a cruise and she loves flowers and would buy them. I have never done that but I see no reason why not!Denise😊

I say yes too 🙂

I haven’t embarked in Seattle but I have in many other ports (including some in the U.S.) and never had a problem bringing flowers on.  Pass them to the security person when you put your stuff through X-ray and they will check the flowers without damaging them and pass them back to you.

I’ve brought them on in ports too.

You CAN’T take flowers OFF the ship (or food) but you CAN bring them on 🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 12:10 AM, Alberta Quilter said:

I've brought flowers onboard at embarkation a few times. (And sometimes at port calls, too).  I bring a foldable plastic vase that packs flat. It stays in my folder with all of our cruise/tour documents so I always have it with us on our travels.

To the OP, excuse me for butting in on this thread. Heck, maybe I'll buy some flowers for the ship!

Alberta Quilter, could you please email me about your experience on the Go Scotland Tours excursion you did in Edinburgh? They're the only company I can find with a tour that includes Edinburgh city, Edinburgh Castle and Rosslyn Chapel from Queensferry tender.  I'm hesitant to book with them this summer because they're a third-party agent.  jean.merritt@icloud.com