Shareholder benefits

denims

I've called Princess twice and asked that they tell me where to download the forms to get an shareholder benefit.  Still no answer.

Can someone please give me the site where I can download the application?  I've done this a number of times and can't find out where I filed it.  lol

Thanks for the help

Good news:  You don't need it. 

Fax to +1 661-753-0180.

• Your name, phone number, and booking number

A copy of your brokerage statement (acct number blanked out)

I even blank out all the other totals and stocks.  Never had an issue.

Edited by Haboob
Typo'd the phone number

33 minutes ago, Haboob said:

Good news:  You don't need it. 

Fax to +1 661-753-0180.

• Your name, phone number, and booking number

A copy of your brokerage statement (acct number blanked out)

I even blank out all the other totals and stocks.  Never had an issue.

I did the above a couple of weeks ago just as stated.  Within an hour I had the credit added to my account.   No hassle, no form, no trouble. 

1 hour ago, denims said:

I've called Princess twice and asked that they tell me where to download the forms to get an shareholder benefit.  Still no answer.

Remember the shareholder benefit is not from Princess but from Carnival Corporation. While it stands to reason that they should have the information technically it is outside the realm of the individual cruise lines' customer service.

The link in post #2 has all the information that you need. There is no longer any requirement for (1) a form to accompany your proof of ownership; nor (2) the old rule that the proof had to be submitted within 90 days of sailing. Been that way a couple years now.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

demins...here’s the current form which provides all of the necessary information but is not required to be used.  It’s been my experiences that it’s been immediately issued as long as nearly 2 years in advance.

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf 84.75 kB · 7 downloads

That's the form I've been using for a couple of years now. I have it saved on my computer in the princess file. When I fax it in I use FAX Zero, works like a champ. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

That's the form I've been using for a couple of years now. I have it saved on my computer in the princess file. When I fax it in I use FAX Zero, works like a champ. 

I noticed one change to this year’s version...no expiration date like previously.

Since it’s been renewed each year it was a good idea to remove the date so the form doesn’t need to be updated yearly.

For those familiar with the process the form isn’t essential to use;  for those unfamiliar it ensures complete submissions to quickly process all requests.

Edited by Astro Flyer

6 hours ago, fishywood said:

Remember the shareholder benefit is not from Princess but from Carnival Corporation. While it stands to reason that they should have the information technically it is outside the realm of the individual cruise lines' customer service.

Although the benefit comes from the parent corporation, each cruise line owned by CCL Corp processes their own requests for OBC.

So since Princess itself processes the request for CCL stock-owner OBC, Princess reps should have access to any needed information about it.

Like others I have not used a form for years and cannot even remember using a form for not only Princess but other CCL cruise lines I have used.  They all accept a fax/letter listing cruiser name, booking information and a copy of the latest stock report.  I don't like to fax my stock report so I use snail mail instead after redacting all the information except CCL stock ownership.  I have never had a problem after all these years. 

22 minutes ago, Sailaway617 said:

What is the benefit? Is it a percent off?

Free OBC for any cruise taken within the whole Carnival Corp.  Different amounts based on the # of days sailed, but it is the best stock we ever invested in.  If you can get in while the price is low (not now) it's made us quite a profit along with the dividends paid throughout the year.  We've done a couple of 14-day cruises lately which netted $250/OBC, and that is on top of any other OBC you receive through booking.  Like I said it will eventually pay for itself as long as they keep renewing the benefit, which they have been doing for many years now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

demins...here’s the current form which provides all of the necessary information but is not required to be used.  It’s been my experiences that it’s been immediately issued as long as nearly 2 years in advance.

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf 84.75 kB · 23 downloads

Thank-you!

Just wanted to mention that although the form says you must request the OBC at least 14 days prior to departure, they were able to grant it earlier this month for a last-minute booking where we only had a week's lead time. I really appreciated the quick and professional response when I asked about it.

13 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

...When I fax it in I use FAX Zero, works like a champ. 

Remember the adage:  "If it's on the internet and it's free, you (and your information) are the product being sold."

3 hours ago, Sailaway617 said:

What is the benefit? Is it a percent off?

1 hour ago, Sailaway617 said:

Is there a minimum # of shares needed for the benefit?

Others posted the answers for you & all of those answers are included in the request form

Edited by Astro Flyer

I need to send in the form for my upcoming back-to-back cruises. Unfortunately, the price of booking it as one 14-day cruise was $500 more than booking the two cruises separately.