Say goodbye to the beautiful deck 11 Diamond club on Oasis of the Seas.

21 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Booking into a group just means you're buying the cabin from the block of rooms that a T/A reserved.  Most of the time you dont even know you're booking into a group. 🙂

Ahhh, got it!

Thanks! 👍

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Don't worry, they are not taking away the free HH  drinks from you, just relocating it while making sure the general public gets a nice view.....as long as they pay a few $$$ for whatever restaurant ends up there.

Not concerned about drinks just like a comfortable lounge with windows to relax without the crowds. 

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Gotta get you TA to put you into a group...you always get the full discount.

How does one go about finding a TA that books groups? Do you just call randomly  and ask or are they advertised?

It's not really the relocation of the DL, but the size.   With ever growing numbers of Baby Boomers cruising and making it so easily to the Diamond level, the lounges are getting much more packed.  So what does RCI do?  They put the smallest size DL on the largest ships.  And since eliminating the CL...Ds are finding more D+ packed in with them in the already too small lounge.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, whitshel said:

Booking into a group just means you're buying the cabin from the block of rooms that a T/A reserved.  Most of the time you dont even know you're booking into a group. 🙂

We would meet our fellow group members at dinner back when we ate fixed dining at a big table.  They were always booked through our common TA

16 hours ago, LXA350 said:

The restaurants of Jamie Oliver on land don't seem to be connected, since RCCL operates them as a franchise. Would be great though, so they could get ride of all of them and introduce again Giovanni's on all the ships it was removed from.

I used to like Portofino😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This thread sure morphed off topic quickly. SMH

I thought it was about relocating the DL on 11 to 4?  Maybe a retitled thread name from DL to Balcony Discounts?

Well to be honest, the topic was already covered in the Oasis drydock changes thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Not concerned about drinks just like a comfortable lounge with windows to relax without the crowds. 

At HH there will be crowds  just as there were when the lounge was on deck 11.  All other tines, it will be a comfortable lounge to relax without crowds.......just no window.  

M

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wonder if they are going to kick the D's out of the D lounge??😇🍸

Don't worry this will come sooner or later, and what will remain are the drink vouchers.

• Like 1

When we sailed the Symphony and Harmony recently, Jazz on 4 was opened as a D lounge  overflow.  That is  really a nice overflow venue, maybe nicer than the actual lounge.   Of course, one can always use vouchers around the ship.  Our favorite place to have a drink is Trellis Bar in Central Park .  We go there most every night for a drink.  

Island lady is correct.   It is easy to reach diamond and with younger cruisers today, their   kids under 18  also become D for life.   Of  course RCCL uses a small venue. Why not?   Why would they make it  more  comfortable to give away unlimited free booze to nearly half the ship.  

On the rare occasion we use a lounge, we NEVER go in on the first night.  Way too busy.  We have a drink in one of the many bars around the ship.  RCCL already provides vouchers to use in the bars and in most dining venues.  In my opinion. that is very generous.  Of course folks brag that they give those drinks away, so I would not be surprised if there was some tweaking to the  voucher  system. 

I am a loyal RCCL cruiser, and have been cruising them for over 30 years.  When we become D very few ships had a D lounge.  If you sailed one of those ships without a lounge, you got nothing. Then they added the D event, then the vouchers,  so in my opinion they have been generous throughout the years.  And if one sailed Empress, there is  no D lounge, or even a D  event. just the vouchers.    RCCL  provided gifts, oh,  but folks complained about  them so RCCL  solved that problem by discontinuing the gifts.  Folks didn't like the gift baskets and RCCL solved that complaint by eliminating the gift baskets. 

Let's follow the logic and continue to complain  about a venue that is providing  free breakfast, free UNLIMITED  alcohol for 3 1/2 hours, free snacks and see how it shakes out. 

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I only heard about it, they say it was better than Giovanni's, never had the chance to try it and now it's too late

I loved it.  Nothing really wrong with Giovanni's....I just liked the more formal set up of Portofinos.  And the food too.  

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Don't worry this will come sooner or later, and what will remain are the drink vouchers.

That was always my thought when they came up with the drink vouchers.  I assumed the CLs would revert to Suites only (No pinnies, no D+)  as it wasn't that long ago that Diamonds had access to the CL, then got kicked out. The Diamond Lounge would be renamed to something else for C&A upper tier D+ and Pinnacle, and the Diamonds would get their drink vouchers to use anywhere on the ship.  Kind of sort of came true...partially anyway.  😉 

• Like 1