You've won the lottery

babs135

2 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

an apartment on The World....and never come home

I've thought that would be the answer for people who win a hundred million euro in the Euro lottery- there's no way they could remain in their little village, going on as usual. They really would have to buy on The World!

For me, I'd copy what others I've met are already doing- I'd buy an apartment close to the docks in Southampton, then book six months on my favourite ship, which does cruises between 2 to 35 days, and spend time in Southampton for doctor, bank and other essentials on turn around day,

I might even miss the occasional weekend cruise...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jocap said:

I've thought that would be the answer for people who win a hundred million euro in the Euro lottery- there's no way they could remain in their little village, going on as usual. They really would have to buy on The World!

For me, I'd copy what others I've met are already doing- I'd buy an apartment close to the docks in Southampton, then book six months on my favourite ship, which does cruises between 2 to 35 days, and spend time in Southampton for doctor, bank and other essentials on turn around day,

I might even miss the occasional weekend cruise...

Sounds like a good enough plan to me.

Just now, DirtyDawg said:

My sympathies bud. 😬

It's been decades since I had to fly Virgin Air.

I actually fly Qantas or other one world lines, but I thought the joke may carry, sounds like it fell flat.

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I actually fly Qantas or other one world lines, but I thought the joke may carry, sounds like it fell flat.

That's OK, even Monty Python had jokes that fell flat. 🤯

You are still welcome on DawgAir, and I'll be kind to my guest and allow you to bring a Dawgie bag from Qantas. 😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

My Dad once laughingly said

that if he ever won the Lotto on a weekend

he was going out First Thing Monday Morning

and get himself a new wheelbarrow! We all laughed!

Sounds like a plan.

4 hours ago, Aplmac said:

My Dad once laughingly said

that if he ever won the Lotto on a weekend

he was going out First Thing Monday Morning

and get himself a new wheelbarrow! We all laughed!

Makes me think of the farmer who said if he won the lottery, he'd keep on farming until it was gone.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, babs135 said:

Okay, a fun question;  you've won the lottery big time and now realise that you can take the cruise you've always dreamed about but couldn't afford.  Which one would it be?

My first thought was HAL's Voyage of the Vikings, but since it must always fall over Convocation (the start of the Academic Year) at the University, that really isn't a matter of affording it but keeping other commitments.

So then @GUT2407's response reminded me, my sister also cannot fly more than about 4hrs at a time (this would also be true of extended rail or bus trips, she must move around or elevate her legs). And she would like to see the Greek Isles, so Imma gonna spent the lottery on getting us all to the east coast for a transAtlantic and Mediterranean including Greece. Then land (in short pieces by train?) back to England to take Cunard back to the states. Or something like that.

17 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

My first thought was HAL's Voyage of the Vikings, but since it must always fall over Convocation (the start of the Academic Year) at the University, that really isn't a matter of affording it but keeping other commitments.

So then @GUT2407's response reminded me, my sister also cannot fly more than about 4hrs at a time (this would also be true of extended rail or bus trips, she must move around or elevate her legs). And she would like to see the Greek Isles, so Imma gonna spent the lottery on getting us all to the east coast for a transAtlantic and Mediterranean including Greece. Then land (in short pieces by train?) back to England to take Cunard back to the states. Or something like that.

If you booked one of those high end first class suites on the airplane, she would have plenty of space to move around and the seat would be essentially adjustable.

DON

1 minute ago, donaldsc said:

If you booked one of those high end first class suites on the airplane, she would have plenty of space to move around and the seat would be essentially adjustable.

Yes, Don, I have thought of that myself (as I walk by those seats on the way to cattle class!), but the fares are as high as a cruise! She would not accept the ticket if we also didn't fly first class, so that's FOUR fares!

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

No amount of legroom can help some people with a fear of heights or flying. 

Or people like Mrs G who the Drs say could die due to the pressure changes of take off or landing.

27 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Or people like Mrs G who the Drs say could die due to the pressure changes of take off or landing.

There is that as well, health reasons are probably a higher cause of not flying and leg room isn't always the problem.

45 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I thought for crystalspin’s sister the leg room was a clotting issue

Possibly, wasn't directly mentioned., only that she would need first class and their budget doesn't stretch that far, even after possibly winning the lottery.