First Visit: Cosol's or Spencer's

cruising_kelly

Hello,

My husband and I are visiting St. Lucia for the first time and are looking for feedback regarding the tours from Cosol's and Spencer Ambrose's.  I've been reading other posts and reviews, but am hoping to get clarification before booking!

Cosol's takes you to both the drive-in volcano and mud bath, as well as snorkeling at the beach, but there isn't every much time at each stop since there are so many stops.

Spencer's tour you have to choose between the drive-in volcano or mud bath, as well as the beach, but you have more time between there aren't as many stops.

Is this accurate? I like that Spencer's is by boat, but being our first time we were hoping to do the volcano and mud baths, plus have time to snorkel.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

--Cruising Kelly

FWIW - the mud baths are actually at the volcano. You'll see the volcano if you do the mud baths will Soencer, you just don't have time to also do the 20-30 minute guided tour (which is really just a short walk and lots of info about geothermal volcanos, etc )

Don't know if that helps with your decision making 

Enjoy, they both do excellent tours 

14 minutes ago, cruising_kelly said:

@reedprincess Thank you for the response! So we will still be able to see them, and take pics, etc, just not do the full guided tour on Spencer's tour?

I appreciate your feedback!!!

Yes, you'll still see the volcano, etc. You just don't have time to do both the mud baths and the guided tour.  The mud baths are located right in the volcano, no worries 

I was torn between Spencer’s  and Cosol on our upcoming visit to visit to St Lucia.  Both have great reviews.  Wound up reserving Cosol due to no deposit requirement and you pay at the end.  Am sure Spencer’s is great, too.  Just wanted the flexibility of Cosol. 

If you are to choose one or the other, the security guards will not allow you pass the point of the mud bath to take photos as it is an extra fee. I have seen a few people get away with it and others who have been warned. Please be guarded accordingly.

After looking at the prices on Celebrity...I thought wow they’re cheaper than Spencer until I saw that Spencer offered 7 hours vs 4 with Celebrity and the price was comparable...we wanted to go to the beaches and see the pitons.  Spencer was perfect.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:28 AM, soonernstlouis said:

I was torn between Spencer’s  and Cosol on our upcoming visit to visit to St Lucia.  Both have great reviews.  Wound up reserving Cosol due to no deposit requirement and you pay at the end.  Am sure Spencer’s is great, too.  Just wanted the flexibility of Cosol. 

You certainly won't be disappointed...Cosol had one of the best tours we've done in our many times to the Caribbean.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:44 AM, cruising_kelly said:

Hello,

My husband and I are visiting St. Lucia for the first time and are looking for feedback regarding the tours from Cosol's and Spencer Ambrose's.  I've been reading other posts and reviews, but am hoping to get clarification before booking!

Cosol's takes you to both the drive-in volcano and mud bath, as well as snorkeling at the beach, but there isn't every much time at each stop since there are so many stops.

Spencer's tour you have to choose between the drive-in volcano or mud bath, as well as the beach, but you have more time between there aren't as many stops.

Is this accurate? I like that Spencer's is by boat, but being our first time we were hoping to do the volcano and mud baths, plus have time to snorkel.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

--Cruising Kelly

I've done both of these tours, there is no better choice of the two, these are both premium tours. 

In my experience, on my first visit to St. Lucia I took Cosol's tour spent the day with Cosol and Baptiste, a great day from start to finish. With Spencer I did the Jalousie Beach Break, he takes you straight by boat to Jalousie between the Pitons it's about a 40 minute boat ride and you get to spend the day on the beach. It's simply wonderful.

If this was my first visit to St. Lucia if it were me I would side with Baptiste and go with Cosol's tour. We had a really good time up in the mountains in the rainforest, always plenty of food, Cosol had 1 van with nothing but food and drinks I highly recommend it for your first visit to St. Lucia.

In 2010 my visit to St. Lucia included an island tour with Herod Stanislus, he no longer does this, he's now the Minister of Agriculture for the island of St. Lucia. Our group we had lunch at Herod's house with his mother and father, it was something very special and to this day this is pretty much the best tour I have ever experienced anywhere on any island.

Just my 2-cents Todd

On 5/29/2019 at 9:28 AM, soonernstlouis said:

You have made an excellent choice with Cosol. These guys are true pro's from start to finish, you don't have to worry about anything except enjoying the island, the way it should be. 😉

We have done Spencers twice now and enjoyed our time so much each time. The first time we just did the beach and boat tour (Jalousie Beach) and the snorkeling is about the best you can get in the Caribbean! Seriously! And we snorkel A LOT. 

The second time we did the mud bath, waterfall and then the beach and had such an amazing time!

I have full extensive reviews on both with TONS of pictures if you are interested. In my signature line, click the link and go down to the St Lucia link.

Have a great time no matter who you all pick. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input... We are going to book Cosol's for our September trip.  We had done a full tour of St. Lucia years ago but I can't remember with who.  If we did the exact tour again I would be in heaven.  Such a wonder island experience.

• Like 1