Cruise Critic Community
judydoc

on a 14 day cruise when you switch out the bar for coffee card, do you get 1 or 2

When booking a 14 day cruise to Alaska, which are really two cruises, do you get 1 or 2 coffee cards loaded on your card?  

We were on a 14-day transatlantic and received one set-up (or coffee card).  We did get a 2nd, but that was an additional perk for sailing in a full suite.

Is the cruise only sold as 14 days? If so, you get one minibar setup which can be traded for 2 coffee cards. Note that both expire at the end of your cruise.

If the cruise can be booked as 2 seven night cruise, you will get two minibars. Each can be traded for two coffee cards.

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

Is the cruise only sold as 14 days? If so, you get one minibar setup which can be traded for 2 coffee cards. Note that both expire at the end of your cruise.

If the cruise can be booked as 2 seven night cruise, you will get two minibars. Each can be traded for two coffee cards.

Correct.:classic_wink:

It is sold as 14 days.  Thanks for the info  

1 hour ago, judydoc said:

It is sold as 14 days.  Thanks for the info  

If your 14nt cruise also is sold as 2 7nt sailimgs, as explained above by Paul929207, you should get 2 setups.  Shouldn't matter that ypu booked it as a full 14nt, as the cruise alsp was sold ss 2 7nt trips.

Elite in mini suite or lower cat. or non Elite in a full suite. You receive two mini bar set ups one for each 7 day leg. You can trade each of those for two coffee packages which can be loaded on two different accounts.

Elite in a full suite? you receive 2 mini bars for each leg, any of which can be traded for two coffee packages.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, skynight said:

Elite in mini suite or lower cat. or non Elite in a full suite. You receive two mini bar set ups one for each 7 day leg. You can trade each of those for two coffee packages which can be loaded on two different accounts.

Elite in a full suite? you receive 2 mini bars for each leg, any of which can be traded for two coffee packages.

We are Elite but in an inside room.

Thankyou 🙂

Edited by judydoc

It’s per cruise not per 7 nights, so if booked as a 14 night cruise 1 if it’s sold as two 7 nighters 2.

Regardless you get 2 coffee cards for each mini bar. You cannot split up the mini bar or get only 1 card. The mini bar must be complete when traded.

33 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Regardless you get 2 coffee cards for each mini bar. You cannot split up the mini bar or get only 1 card. The mini bar must be complete when traded.

That is correct, we have done it many times.  🙂

When I travel solo and trade the mini bar for the coffee card I have always  received 2 cards because I  pay  double the fare.    Do they credit it on my account for 30 coffees  for the week ?  Also in December I will be on the Sky for the Dec. for the b2b Inaugurals. I was hoping to get the coffees on the first leg and use them on the second cruise also.

Although I was just on a Carib Princess , I kept the mini bar because I still had coffee cards to use.

Sali

1 hour ago, Orangefan said:

When I travel solo and trade the mini bar for the coffee card I have always  received 2 cards because I  pay  double the fare.    Do they credit it on my account for 30 coffees  for the week ?  Also in December I will be on the Sky for the Dec. for the b2b Inaugurals. I was hoping to get the coffees on the first leg and use them on the second cruise also.

Actually, you get 2 coffee cards because that's what 1 minibar is worth (not because you're paying more).

The 30 coffees will likely all be loaded on your card/medallion. That's a lot of specialty coffees to consume in 7 days.

There's still a lot of confusion about whether the coffees roll over when you're on a B2B. I hope they do, we're doing a B2B2B next year.

We just completed a B2B and the coffees did roll over into the second leg automatically. I also agree with previous posters that whether the cruise is sold as a 14-day or 2 7-day segments, it should not make a difference.  This recent cruise of ours was purchased as a 2 7-day B2B cruise but our last one was purchased as a 14-day B2B cruise and there were no issues with the coffee card.