Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
judydoc

on a 14 day cruise when you switch out the bar for coffee card, do you get 1 or 2

Recommended Posts

When booking a 14 day cruise to Alaska, which are really two cruises, do you get 1 or 2 coffee cards loaded on your card?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on a 14-day transatlantic and received one set-up (or coffee card).  We did get a 2nd, but that was an additional perk for sailing in a full suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the cruise only sold as 14 days? If so, you get one minibar setup which can be traded for 2 coffee cards. Note that both expire at the end of your cruise.

 

If the cruise can be booked as 2 seven night cruise, you will get two minibars. Each can be traded for two coffee cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

Is the cruise only sold as 14 days? If so, you get one minibar setup which can be traded for 2 coffee cards. Note that both expire at the end of your cruise.

 

If the cruise can be booked as 2 seven night cruise, you will get two minibars. Each can be traded for two coffee cards.

Correct.:classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is sold as 14 days.  Thanks for the info  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, judydoc said:

It is sold as 14 days.  Thanks for the info  

If your 14nt cruise also is sold as 2 7nt sailimgs, as explained above by Paul929207, you should get 2 setups.  Shouldn't matter that ypu booked it as a full 14nt, as the cruise alsp was sold ss 2 7nt trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elite in mini suite or lower cat. or non Elite in a full suite. You receive two mini bar set ups one for each 7 day leg. You can trade each of those for two coffee packages which can be loaded on two different accounts.

Elite in a full suite? you receive 2 mini bars for each leg, any of which can be traded for two coffee packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, skynight said:

Elite in mini suite or lower cat. or non Elite in a full suite. You receive two mini bar set ups one for each 7 day leg. You can trade each of those for two coffee packages which can be loaded on two different accounts.

Elite in a full suite? you receive 2 mini bars for each leg, any of which can be traded for two coffee packages.

We are Elite but in an inside room.

Thankyou 🙂

Edited by judydoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s per cruise not per 7 nights, so if booked as a 14 night cruise 1 if it’s sold as two 7 nighters 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless you get 2 coffee cards for each mini bar. You cannot split up the mini bar or get only 1 card. The mini bar must be complete when traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Regardless you get 2 coffee cards for each mini bar. You cannot split up the mini bar or get only 1 card. The mini bar must be complete when traded.

That is correct, we have done it many times.  🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I travel solo and trade the mini bar for the coffee card I have always  received 2 cards because I  pay  double the fare.    Do they credit it on my account for 30 coffees  for the week ?  Also in December I will be on the Sky for the Dec. for the b2b Inaugurals. I was hoping to get the coffees on the first leg and use them on the second cruise also.

 

Although I was just on a Carib Princess , I kept the mini bar because I still had coffee cards to use.

 

Sali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orangefan said:

When I travel solo and trade the mini bar for the coffee card I have always  received 2 cards because I  pay  double the fare.    Do they credit it on my account for 30 coffees  for the week ?  Also in December I will be on the Sky for the Dec. for the b2b Inaugurals. I was hoping to get the coffees on the first leg and use them on the second cruise also.

Actually, you get 2 coffee cards because that's what 1 minibar is worth (not because you're paying more).

The 30 coffees will likely all be loaded on your card/medallion. That's a lot of specialty coffees to consume in 7 days.

There's still a lot of confusion about whether the coffees roll over when you're on a B2B. I hope they do, we're doing a B2B2B next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just completed a B2B and the coffees did roll over into the second leg automatically. I also agree with previous posters that whether the cruise is sold as a 14-day or 2 7-day segments, it should not make a difference.  This recent cruise of ours was purchased as a 2 7-day B2B cruise but our last one was purchased as a 14-day B2B cruise and there were no issues with the coffee card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...