Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
jayman31

costly mistake

Recommended Posts

I thought I clicked the prepaid tips, turns out I clicked the carnival vacation insurance...for a cruise booked in January 2020...I cancelled as I found a better deal...full refund minus the $190 for the stupid insurance that I did not want in the first place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why the travel insurance wasn't refundable since you cancelled before the final payment date.  I never knew this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With few exceptions, there is a 10 day examination / refund window on virtually all Travel Insurance policies provided you have not sailed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jayman31 said:

I thought I clicked the prepaid tips, turns out I clicked the carnival vacation insurance...for a cruise booked in January 2020...I cancelled as I found a better deal...full refund minus the $190 for the stupid insurance that I did not want in the first place

 

 

call them explain what happened. I'm sure you're not the first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jmcathome said:

It is refundable

I just got off the phone with Carnival and it has been refunded 🙂  I will be doing the happy dance on my cruise come January with a Miami Vice in hand.

 

It had to go to a supervisor for approval but yes if prior to final payment date it is refundable 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jayman31 said:

I just got off the phone with Carnival and it has been refunded 🙂  I will be doing the happy dance on my cruise come January with a Miami Vice in hand.

 

It had to go to a supervisor for approval but yes if prior to final payment date it is refundable 😄 

Good to know.thanks first time I bought carnival insurance.we are getting older and more decrepit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jayman31 said:

I just got off the phone with Carnival and it has been refunded 🙂  I will be doing the happy dance on my cruise come January with a Miami Vice in hand.

 

It had to go to a supervisor for approval but yes if prior to final payment date it is refundable 😄 

@jayman31Glad to hear a happy ending to your problem!


Enjoy your cruise- January is a great time to head south from Toronto (born & raised in the Beaches, moved south as soon as I could- love Toronto, hate the winters!).

Edited by Shaded Lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad it worked out. One should be able to cancel the insurance first and then cancel the cruise to avoid this situation (before final payment date, of course). I believe that you can cancel the insurance right through your cruise manager on the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Glad it worked out. One should be able to cancel the insurance first and then cancel the cruise to avoid this situation (before final payment date, of course). I believe that you can cancel the insurance right through your cruise manager on the website.

I tried and tried to do just that, but it wouldn't let me.  You can add and remove gratuities but not the insurance....once you click that plus sign to add it, even after you have made final payment....it will not allow it....lesson learned that is for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jayman31 said:

I tried and tried to do just that, but it wouldn't let me.  You can add and remove gratuities but not the insurance....once you click that plus sign to add it, even after you have made final payment....it will not allow it....lesson learned that is for sure 

Yep, it's good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't decided on what insurance to go with yet, just knew it wasn't ever my intent to purchase the one thru Carnival

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mompells said:

May I ask which insurance you do get?

 

Insure my Trip is a great source.  It lists all the policies available and costs in a simple format allowing you to compare easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mompells said:

May I ask which insurance you do get?

There are too many factors involved to provide an answer to that since everyone's situation is different, so what is the best policy for us may not be the best policy for you. I typically go to www.insuremytrip.com where I can compare numerous policies and obtain the one that meets our needs. There is an insurance forum on Cruise Critic and there may be more guidance there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...