Emerald Princess - E deck mini suites

BigGuy25

I know this was discussed once before but searches aren’t helping me find the thread/s.

Anyone have any experience with the Emerald Deck mini-suites on the Emerald Princess? There are just a few all the way aft.

Thanks!!

27 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

I know this was discussed once before but searches aren’t helping me find the thread/s.

Anyone have any experience with the Emerald Deck mini-suites on the Emerald Princess? There are just a few all the way aft.

Thanks!!

Yes. There are six on each side and the ones farthest aft have larger balconies. You can see their location on the deck plans at princess.com.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EP

For some reason the larger balconies for 730 and 731 don't show that way on the plans.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Those minis on Grand class ships (including the Emerald) are our favorites.  They have fully covered balconies and, since they are at the end of the hallway, no through traffic.  It is a very quiet location.

44 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Our favorites also.

Agree with that.  Realistically the best ones are at the end of each cabin run as you get a better view either forwards or aft as appropriate.  They are fully covered and quiet.

Regards John

• Like 1

We also try to book deck 8 minisuites.  All the attributes mentioned so far are accurate.  With both of us being highly susceptible to sun burn, the covered balcony is a blessing.  The one downside to these cabins is that they are immediately above Club Fusion where many times some fairly loud activities take place late at night.  We have not had a problem with this but some on CC have complained.    

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

The one downside to these cabins is that they are immediately above Club Fusion where many times some fairly loud activities take place late at night.  We have not had a problem with this but some on CC have complained.    

I've seen reports of noise from the deck 7 night club only on the port side. The stage is on that side, roughly below E728. Never had or heard of a noise problem with the odd-numbered cabins. Our absolute favorite is E731, last one back on the starboard side. You get the extended balcony and not chance of noise.

Jim

We are just off the emerald TA  - had E720 minisuite - nice cabin, good balcony, no noise and best of all only one cabin on the left side - no one on the right b/c it is an oceanview cabin so nice and quiet.........unfortuneately we were far from thrilled with the emerald this time...they do not have on demand movies  - only scheduled movies of their choice and their choices are not very good ( Really - My little Pony was one of them!!! ).......I heard that the on demand movies are coming so that will bean improvement......

eclue

6 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

Thanks!!

They are the best and they go fast!

Quiet passageway with very little foot traffic and a covered balcony.

We have never had noise issues from Club Confusion.

If you get one mark it "no upgrade".

12 hours ago, hydrodriver831 said:

We love these cabins, in fact we have one on the Star in September.  As others have said, fully covered and quiet!  You will enjoy.

WE have E729 on Star in December. First time on Princess - we have it marked no upgrade but I check on it every day!

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

WE have E729 on Star in December. First time on Princess - we have it marked no upgrade but I check on it every day!

Yes, keep checking.  A couple of years ago we booked one of those Emerald deck minis, marked it no upgrade.  We lost our cabin in what Princess called an upgrade ... and I spent a full week back and forth with them ... and got back my original cabin

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Yes, keep checking.  

I was looking around my  booking in the personalizer and I can find where you request "no upgrades." Where do I find it?? Thanks!!

17 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

I was looking around my  booking in the personalizer and I can find where you request "no upgrades." Where do I find it?? Thanks!!

If you booked with a TA she/he needs to do it.  If you booked on-line or via phone with Princess you need to call them.

20 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

You can't do it online. You have to call.

Jim

11 minutes ago, jasbo49 said:

You can't do it online. You have to call.

Jim

Done!  Thanks for the info.

We’ve done a lot of Princess Cruises and I don’t usually worry about an upgrade. But, I don’t want to lose this one!

6 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

Done!  Thanks for the info.

We’ve done a lot of Princess Cruises and I don’t usually worry about an upgrade. But, I don’t want to lose this one!

Or have it marked META upgrade only which means next cabin type which would be a suite.

I don’t remember the cabin number we had on Emerald but it was the second one from the front of those few and on the port side.

DO note that many of the deck 8 minis on Emerald are connecting cabins. Ours connected to the 3rd on of the row. It was pretty quiet but did have 4 people in it: 2 parents, an older teen, and a fairly young child. The child got loud from time to time but the parents got him settled pretty quickly.

I don’t know if the sofa beds have been replaced on this ship but using ours as a couch was quite miserable as the smaller section closest to the desk had gotten “thin” and you could feel the edge of the bed’s metal support between the cushions. (For those that don’t know, the sofa beds have 3 sections but only 2 of them have a bed underneath. The outer 2 sections, closest to the balcony, have the bed; the section closest to the desk has no bed because the curved storage unit directly across from that section, would be in the way.)

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Or have it marked META upgrade only which means next cabin type which would be a suite.

I wonder if META would now mean a Club Class Mini? They are an upgrade, located on another deck and the balcony would no longer be covered.

1 hour ago, Dietemann said:

I wonder if META would now mean a Club Class Mini? They are an upgrade, located on another deck and the balcony would no longer be covered.

No it would be the next cabin type up which is a suite.

It may if it is not marked at all.

Have seen a few comment here on CC that they had the Emerald deck mini which was not marked "no upgrade" and were upgraded to a mini on Dolphin deck.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from sailing 21 days on the Emerald Princess, Cabin E730.  Our experience was that the noise from Club Fusion was terrible!  One night my husband went down to the club at 1 AM - it was completely empty, however the music was blaring and all the lights were on.  He found someone to shut it down.  We did write a complaint and talked to the Service Desk - they told us we just had to call them and they'd handle it for us - so another night at 11:45, we called the desk and were on hold for 10 minutes, no one ever picked up the phone. We really liked the location of the cabin and the extended balcony was wonderful, but the noise was a dealbreaker for us - our bed actually vibrated, that's how loud the music was. Then in the mornings the exercise classes started at 9 - we had to experience the music again!  We spend a lot of time in our cabin, so it is important to us.  We would never pick that cabin again.