Family suite balcony too windy?

Bextra1256

Have booked the 2 bedroom family suite d106 on the Crown for Caribbean cruise. Has anyone found it too windy to use at sea? Like to sit on balcony during day and hope to be able to. I have read a comment about a family suite on Emerald being too windy while at sea but they were  talking about an eastern / New England cruise.  Wondering about in southern Caribbean.

In the Navy this was called true wind.  On a recent RCCL sailing the tv displayed it but called it something different.  If the wind is blowing the same direction of the ship you will be no breeze if the speeds are the same. Conversely if you are headed in one direction and the wind is blowing the opposite direction it will be very windy.

I stayed in Family Suite on Emerald.  Could not use Balcony at Sea.  Our room steward had to tie the furniture down everyday.  Its that windy.  Great in port;  but not useful at sea.  Would not book again.  Part of booking a suite is for the large balcony; and this one was not useful.  The room was great; bedrooms worked well as did having two bathrooms; and the suite perks was nice. Balcony not so nice

14 hours ago, Bextra1256 said:

Have booked the 2 bedroom family suite d106 on the Crown for Caribbean cruise. Has anyone found it too windy to use at sea? Like to sit on balcony during day and hope to be able to. I have read a comment about a family suite on Emerald being too windy while at sea but they were  talking about an eastern / New England cruise.  Wondering about in southern Caribbean.

Yes. When underway it can be really bad. I say can be. I agree with the above comments as it depends on direction etc.

Other than the steel rail there is no other protection forward.

Sitting back from the railing makes no difference as there is no wind break forward.

Our balcony furniture was also tied down regularly.

We have sailed on the FS 3 times due to comp upgrades.

Would I book on my own? No way.

22 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I stayed in Family Suite on Emerald.  Could not use Balcony at Sea.  Our room steward had to tie the furniture down everyday.  Its that windy.  Great in port;  but not useful at sea.  Would not book again.  Part of booking a suite is for the large balcony; and this one was not useful.  The room was great; bedrooms worked well as did having two bathrooms; and the suite perks was nice. Balcony not so nice

My brother and his family stayed in this room as a free upgrade from a mini suite. Their experience was very similar to yours.

Juliax