Sea Trek Helmet Dive - Cozumel

rmf11699

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, rmf11699 said:

According to the Royal Caribbean website the duration is 2 hours but my question is how much time is spent under water?

We did this excursion a few years back.

Once you get to the area, there are changing rooms and lockers.

You get a quick 3 min ish orientation to the helmet. They cover the details well.

You walk to the ladder and their is a guide there that helps you place the helmet on and goes down with you till you give him the thumbs up that you are comfortable. Then he helps the next person.

They have everyone wait under water till all are there.

Then you walk around a man-made reef, they feed the fishes and they swarm around you.

The walk took about 30 min.

If you take an underwater camera, they will take your pictures of you and family.  Or you can just do selfies on your own.

Once your done, you climb the ladder, they help with the heavy helmet.

Then if you want topside  you can snorkel around, they provide the gear in the adjacent area off to the side.

It was fun, 

Safe travels.

23 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

You get a quick 3 min ish orientation to the helmet. They cover the details well.

You walk to the ladder and their is a guide there that helps you place the helmet on and goes down with you till you give him the thumbs up that you are comfortable. Then he helps the next person.

Then you walk around a man-made reef, they feed the fishes and they swarm around you.

If you take an underwater camera, they will take your pictures of you and family.  Or you can just do selfies on your own.

Then if you want topside  you can snorkel around, they provide the gear in the adjacent area off to the side.

It was fun, 

Safe travels.

Do you remember the location?

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

It was fun, 

Safe travels.

Thank you Lioness!

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

It was fun, 

Safe travels.

Was there anything to see under there other than them feeding fish to come around you or the "man-made" reef? We did this in Aruba and they had different things under there (props)...there was a sunken boat, airplane and other things and even a jeep that we got into and acted like we were driving and they took pics of everyone. It was one of the most interesting and fun times ever! I vowed that if I found other SeaTrek's like this I would definitely do it again (and we like to scuba dive but still found this interesting and fun). However, you didn't mention anything "neat" like I just described so I was just wondering.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, mitsugirly said:

Was there anything to see under there other than them feeding fish to come around you or the "man-made" reef? We did this in Aruba and they had different things under there (props)...there was a sunken boat, airplane and other things and even a jeep that we got into and acted like we were driving and they took pics of everyone. It was one of the most interesting and fun times ever! I vowed that if I found other SeaTrek's like this I would definitely do it again (and we like to scuba dive but still found this interesting and fun). However, you didn't mention anything "neat" like I just described so I was just wondering.

The location was less than a  mile from where we docked.

There were man made reefs, if I recall, some type of a car, and concrete thingies, nothing major struck out to  me.

For me a beginner it was fun.

Safe travels.

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

The location was less than a  mile from where we docked.

There were man made reefs, if I recall, some type of a car, and concrete thingies, nothing major struck out to  me.

For me a beginner it was fun.

Safe travels.

Thanks for the info.