Speciality dining package on Explorer

We are doing a 14 night Italian Med cruise from Southampton on 9 June and are wondering whether to pre-book the 5 night speciality dining package at £96.25 pp (approx $122) before we go. 

We've used the speciality restaurants on previous RCL cruises but have never really thought about booking in advance because when on board they always seem to push a 'special offer' dining package on the first day and subsequently.

My question to anyone who has recently been on Explorer or similar ship and can comment on the prices is: Should I book the package now or wait till we get on board in the hope that we can get a better deal?

Thanks in anticipation.

We were in Explorer earlier this month & they were relentless in their hard sell of speciality restaurants. The did offer some "deals", but nothing close to what you are able to get the package for pre cruise. My advice would be to book it now, it's a good price. Also, when they start harranguing you on boarding day, you can end the hard sell before it starts, by telling them you have pre purchased a dining package  

I’m just off Explorer last Friday and as already mentioned they do try to hard sell the dining packages. I prebooked the three night dining package at £52.13 per person. It was cheaper than booking it on board the ship if that’s any help. I booked it when it was on sale so not sure if £96 is a sales offer