Fort Lauderdale to airport ?

RetiredRich

We are looking into the Eurodam from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.  We have driven to Fort  Lauderdale to start a cruise several times.  But never flown in and needing a ride home to Kentucky.  So how hard is it to get a taxi from the port to the airport?  I know in San Diego the taxis are lined up.  But I don't remember them being there in Fort Lauderdale as we left a cruise.  Last month we took the Eurodam to Hawaii.  Now we want to get back on her again.

11 minutes ago, RetiredRich said:

We are looking into the Eurodam from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.  We have driven to Fort  Lauderdale to start a cruise several times.  But never flown in and needing a ride home to Kentucky.  So how hard is it to get a taxi from the port to the airport?  I know in San Diego the taxis are lined up.  But I don't remember them being there in Fort Lauderdale as we left a cruise.  Last month we took the Eurodam to Hawaii.  Now we want to get back on her again.

We are off fairly early (not in the first group though) and never had a wait for a taxi.  Cost should be around $15 plus tip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRG said:

Posted prices per person in a taxi doesn't sound right.....its usually for the whole taxi cab regardless of persons.

Maybe things have changed.

Walfam mentioned a shuttle.

Typically a fixed charge divided by the number of passengers or price per person.

We jumped in a shuttle, last in, I believe $11pp, plus tip.  We needed to be dropped for a rental car and were the first out at the end of the arrivals ramp, super easy.  May have been a few dollars less with Uber or a taxi, but super easy and fast, hardly any distance to walk with luggage, shuttle was right outside the door from the terminal.  m--

18 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

How far is the airport form the cruise port? How long does it take?

About ten minutes.  Must be 3-4 miles, but a bit round about so hard to measure.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

About ten minutes.  Must be 3-4 miles, but a bit round about so hard to measure.

If you measure air miles port is just over a mile from airport but there are so many loop to loops 3 miles is about right.

If you arrive on Dec 01, there are eight ships in port and it may take a little longer to get to airport.

• Thanks 1

Airport is just a few miles from the cruise port.  Taxis are lined up and the line goes VERY quickly.  So, if you have a lot of luggage (like me 😞 ) you are going to have to manage it while moving fast.  The cops tend to blow their whistles if you take too long!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CanEcosse said:

Will we safely be able to make an 11am flight out of FLL?

If everything goes right and you self-disembark, no problem.  But dozens of things can prevent you from making it. Having just two ships in port that day (and the small Veendam being one of them) improves your odds.

Edited by catl331

2 hours ago, CanEcosse said:

We are due to arrive back into Fort Lauderdale on the Zuiderdam at 7am on Oct 30th.

Will we safely be able to make an 11am flight out of FLL?

As long as you get off with the earliest groups you should not have a problem (airport is only 10 minutes away).  A weekday flight will help also, as the aiport can get really busy when the mega ships off load 5000 plus passengers on Sat and Sun.