Cruise on all Carnival Ships

overalls39

Hello,

Me and my wife would like to cruise on all of Carnival ships as a goal starting next year. Has anyone else done this with a cruise line? We have cruised on two ships thus far. We thought we would do two or three per year. I am 59 and my wife is 62. We enjoy the ship more than excursions. I appreciate your thoughts.

• Like 1

We have sailed all of Regent's ships but then again there are only 4 in the fleet.  We will be on the first voyage of the new ship,  Seven Seas Splendor, for her inaugural this February...so that will make 5.  Working our way thru longer voyages to see as many countries as possible....2nd world cruise in '21.

There are lots of Carnival ships - offering basic service to a lot of the same ports:  how many Bahamas or Caribbean cruises would you have to take?  Princess, Celebrity or HAL would offer better service on more varied itineraries on (I believe) fewer (but more enjoyable) ships.

Hi Overalls

Welcome to cruise critic

I think what some want to express is that if you really enjoy "cruising" and you want to see many different ports, while you can, then many times you will be better off looking at all the cruise lines for what is offered. Typically the itinerary, price, schedule, etc. are the main considerations. 

Now if all you want to do is to try and sail all the ships of a given cruise line, as the "goal", then you might be better off trying to pick a cruise line with fewer ships. 

If what you are saying is that your past cruises were on Carnival ships and you had a really great time, sufficient that you feel sailing on all the Carnival ships is a worthy attempt to make, then I would suggest that you start with the oldest ships. These ships don't continue sailing indefinitely. In fact there already some Carnival ships that have been retired. So, you would never be able to say that you had sailed on all the Carnival ships.

But cruising is fun and no matter what you choose 

have a great cruise

I think all who cruise do so for a reason and, maybe, a goal or two in mind.  All of us being unique individuals would have unique goals and reasons why we choose to cruise.

OP,  your goal is reasonable if that is how you wish to spend your travel money, in my opinion.

Personally, I am short of sailing on all of the current ships of the Holland America Line by two:  Oosterdam and Koningsdam.  This Winter, I could have reached that mark.  If I chose to do so, which I didn't.  I chose another cruise on an old friend, Volendam, and will be a newbie MSC cruiser on Meraviglia.  I have my reasons for both of these bookings and looking forward to both.

OP, do whatever makes you the happiest!

Edited by rkacruiser

Get in there before they are in court 😀

As an aside .....

May 26 - Carnival Splendor, Stuck in port... propulsion problems
From a passenger: Scheduled to leave Long Beach at 4 pm today.  Still at pier at 10:45 pm.  Captain says technician coming tomorrow morning who can fix propulsion problem.  Plan to skip Mazatlan port of call.  Unsure when we might leave, but no earlier than tomorrow later morning or after. From another passenger, 10 hours later: Carnival splendor again has engine trouble and has not departed for its 7 day journey which was supposed to leave on May 25.

If that's what you want to do- then go for it!

When you've reached your target, you can try some of the other ships owned by Carnival Co.- I think there's over 100 now...but you could end up visiting the UK for Cunard and P&O; Germany for Aida; Italy for Costa...

Enjoy yourselves! 🙂

2 hours ago, overalls39 said:

I appreciate all the input. We are just looking for ways to enjoy life while having a goal in mind. Any other suggestions are welcome. 

A much better goal is to take one cruise on every cruise line, not every ship of a one cruise line. Many of the ships of any cruise line are much like others in the fleet. Ships are generally built in "classes", with several ships built on the same platform and with mostly the same features. So, cruising all ships in a class would pretty much feel quite similar to each other. For instance, I have been on each of the four "M" class Celebrity ships. They are almost identical, so there wasn't much new to experience by the time we cruised on the 4th. We only experienced all four due to the different itineraries each cruised, not a desire to cruise each of them in particular. Other than those cruises, we have been on five different cruise lines, and now have a good idea which ones we would prefer to cruise on. 

By trying as many cruise lines as you can you will discover what is different about each and eventually find a cruise line that gives you the best experience for your interests. Don't limit yourself to one cruise line. And especially don't limit yourself to only budget, entry level cruise lines like Carnival. Try premium and perhaps even luxury lines if your budget can support it.

Edited by SantaFeFan

There is at least one cruiser that has sailed every Carnival ship.  Her username is LHP, but I haven't seen her post much lately on CC.  She used to travel with a special needs child, now an adult.  Might be more active on the Book of Faces now.  If you pick them all up, you could pick up a former Carnival ship by sailing a two night cruise on Grand Celebration fro West Palm Beach.  I sailed her twice when she was Carnival Celebration.  EM

I have a better suggestion that will give you a bit of variety in your cruising.  Try doing every ship within certain parameters in alphabetical order.  They you will get to experience different cruise lines and still have a goal.

DON

I applaud the OP's drive.  Carnival has something like 25 ships in operation, with 3 more on the way.  That's a lot of cruising to do!

I've sailed all 5 of the Conquest class ships many many times, as well as the 3 Dream and 2 Vista class ships.  I dislike most of Carnival's older ships and stopped sailing them 12 years ago.  Instead, I've branched out to other lines and have sailed NCL, Celebrity, Disney, Princess, RCCL and MSC along my way. 

It's fun to keep trying new ships and new lines!

I have not sailed on Carnival at all.  Have sailed on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Princess.  How about this for a goal. Pick one cruise line; like you mentioned Carnival;  set the goal to sail at least one class of ship in each category.  Like for Royal Caribbean they have the small, medium, and large ships, and a few jumbo ships.  Each class of ship offers different things, and they are wide ranging as what you can do and see on board.  Just a thought

Well, I have cruisedon all the ships in the current P & O fleet,  but they only have 7 ships.

I've mainly stuck to P & O as I like their product, but I'm increasingly looking to sail on other lines.  In recent years I've cruised with Fred Olsen, CMV and Viking River cruises.

There's a lot of choice out there, so, going forward,  I don't want to limit myself to one line 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Carnival is remodeling their older ships and renaming them.  Some lists may be old.  I'd look at Carnival's website for a list of current ships.

It's good to have bucket lists.  I toyed with the idea of cruising a company's entire fleet.  Now I'm more interested in watching baseball across the country. Coors Field, here we come!

Set a goal of visiting and doing something, not just an airport stop, in all 50 states and knocked off 4 more last month.  Now trying to come up with the logic of a trip to N. Dakota. The only one left.   Not likely a cruise. 

Edited by wheezedr
Added on