Do You Ever Fib So You Can Off Earlier On Departure Day❓

Artemus

3 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Since they want EVERYONE GONE ASAP, 10pm is about the very latest you can stay...and you'll be standing around in public areas.    If you want to leave early, they certainly will not stop you...they want you GONE!

Umm..... that would be 10:00 AM.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:33 AM, fyree39 said:

On our last HAL cruise in April, I couldn't believe the hundreds of passengers who did self-assist.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I think half the cruise passengers walked off the ship in the first group.

By self assist, I think you mean they take all their luggage with them, instead of handing it over to the cruise line?  On my last NCL cruise we had a little trouble finding our bags in the terminal.  We found them, of course, but I was a little frustrated at how long it took (even considering the crowds).  If we had kept our bags, then it would not have been a problem.

15 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Umm..... that would be 10:00 AM.

You have to excuse CB.  She must type faster..must get a higher post count..accuracy and truth of the  info be damned ! 😉

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

By self assist, I think you mean they take all their luggage with them, instead of handing it over to the cruise line?  On my last NCL cruise we had a little trouble finding our bags in the terminal.  We found them, of course, but I was a little frustrated at how long it took (even considering the crowds).  If we had kept our bags, then it would not have been a problem.

We have a special attendant (friend who works at the terminal) at one of our regular terminals that organises our luggage to be on the end of the row for us.

5 hours ago, Rala said:

You have to excuse CB.  She must type faster..must get a higher post count..accuracy and truth of the  info be damned ! 😉

Oh, I know, just had to point it out, in case someone read it and believed it.

We like to be first on and first off.  Never give the cruise line our flight info because we usually arrange a car service for our travel after leaving the ship, I simply tell the cruise line what time we have arranged for pickup.    We don't go with the first group, but with the first group of independent travelers.  

On 5/30/2019 at 8:46 PM, zitsky said:

We ALWAYS do this. After one traumatic experience with more luggage than we could manage to move ourselves, I had a Scarlett O'Hara moment and swore I'd never over-pack again. Now one of our Family Rules (right up there with "wear shoes while moving furniture" and "never pass up a clean flush toilet") is to never bring more than you can comfortably carry. 

By the time disembarkation day comes around the fun part of the cruise is over, and hanging around is just killing time with nothing much going on and nowhere really to go. If we get off early we can either get on to the next adventure or sneak in something fun before we have to be off home. And there's not a lot about the ship that's more pleasant than the airport once breakfast is done.

• Like 1