Cabin price spreadsheet

FLbeachbaby

Has there ever been or would it be helpful to have information about what pricing is good/fair to know if you are getting a good deal ?

I ask because I read people say "The cabin was a steal " or " the price per night was too good to pass up ". Other than my own experience, I'm not sure what a good per night price would be. Not that we only book based on price, but I do like to know I'm not over paying, and who doesn't like a deal ?

For example, I would like a Royal suite on an upcoming Greek Isle cruise but the asking price is $8249 PP for 9 nights and a Sky suite $6699.PP. That seems really high and hard to justify. I would like some gauge when I'm shopping so I can say "Oh, I see a balcony for $ XXX.00 that's a good deal" or " I'll grab that suite for that price" or "Hey that's a good price point for an Aqua cabin."  

What say you ? Anyone have a good handle on this concept ?   

Thanks for your thoughts.

I doubt very much whether it would be practical to try to maintain a spreadsheet with all the variables regarding pricing and destination.   Just too many variables.

You might find a good reference at the Fishy site and check the Tab for Deals.  They list both the cost per day and price drops.

• Like 1

I have a grasp of what our idea of a 'steal' for a cabin is, but I'm not sure anyone else would agree with me or not.

Here is what what we have gotten that I thought was a steal:

circa 2010 5 nights in a RS on Century for $1000 pp not including any perks (including no Michael's Club or Luminae) or fees.  Not a lot was given back then for a RS other than a great suite and butler.

2012 12 nights in a S2 on Silhouette for $2300 pp (same as above no perks (other than the 2 specialty dining) or fee)s.

2015 (or whatever year Reflection began) $799 for  C2 with all 4 perks, 7 nights.

2016 7 nights in a RS to Bermuda in July on Summit, $3000 pp no OBC, no grats, yes internet and prem bev pkg and of course unlimited specialty dining, MC and Lum.

the next to were pretty OK deals:

2017 12 nights in a S2 on Silhouette for 3K pp including the 4 perks

2019 11 nights on Reflection, no perks S1 $3000 pp

Happy hunting!

How do you quantify things like itinerary ( Antiartica, Iceland, British Open, etc ) when they don’t sail every 7 days like the Caribbean.  For us the itinerary is a big factor in what we will pay- Caribbean very little,  Antiartica, Suez Canal, etc more. 

Used to use the benchmark £100 p.p.p.n.for a balcony cabin.

This is now £150 p.p.p.n for the cruise we are currently booked on. This includes all taxes and port fees, but no drinks package, or other perks.

Edited by upwarduk

6 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

This is now £150 p.p.p.n for the cruise we are currently booked on. This includes all taxes and port fees, but no drinks package, or other perks.

I agree , we tend to for the longer cruises now but we don't seem to get any deals in the UK

• Like 2

We have found RS prices in the Caribbean relatively predictable over recent years with the best price as the itinerary opens...

In the Mediterranean and from Southampton we have found prices not so easy to predict but a general upward trend of each year being significantly higher than the last!!!

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

That seems tight. Every cruise I’ve looked at on the U.K. site has a drinks package included on outside and above. 

58 minutes ago, Highpeaklad said:

That seems tight. Every cruise I’ve looked at on the U.K. site has a drinks package included on outside and above. 

Offers in the UK vary by season. Our last cruise was booked over a year before sail date. Just after we booked, there was buy one buy second person at half price. I was cross, so did a dummy booking, which worked out more than we had paid!!!!😮

I think a good deal is only what you think a good deal is.  As said, too many variables, like area and time of year, to be useful.

We booked Equinox for a Caribbean cruise at $160 p.p.p.n.   All taxes and fees included, as well as grats, premium beverage package, internet for two, and $475 OBC.  For us, that was a good deal.

Our first cruise on Celebrity was a 11 night greece/italy cruise and we got a balcony for $899pp - nothing else added, don't remember the taxes involved

we did not cruise again for a couple of years, but then did two cruises out of Florida - I try to get a balcony for $100pppn range, with or without the beanies.

We are currently booked on two cruises in balcony for $98pppn with taxes included, plus vacation protection insurance.

I look for cruise we want, keep an index card with the prices written down and check all the time to see if and when the prices drop.  We are currently looking three cruises and when the price gets to where I am happy with I will book, otherwise we stay home.

• Like 1