Looking for transportation from airport in prague to our hotel in old town

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, floridababa said:

Looking for transportation from airport in prague to our hotel in old town

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Prague Airport (Vaclac Havel) is located approximately 25 - 30 minutes from the city center assuming you are not traveling during rush hours (7-10am, 4-7pm). I would recommend a booking a taxi but there are public options available as well. 

We booked our return to the airport via taxi here (cost was €22)

https://www.welcomepickups.com/prague/airport-transfer-book/?tap_a=29177-6b7f4b&tap_s=216159-8c4e7e

There are also AAA Radio Taxi ranks located outside of each terminal 

Public transportation: Airport Express bus - bus stop is in front of both Terminals 1 & 2. This bus will terminates at Praha Hlavni Nadrazi (main train station) from where you can take the metro or taxi to your hotel. Note: if you opt to take a taxi from Hlavni Nadrazi, book in advance as taxi drivers at the station are notorious for ripping-off clueless tourists. On our most recent visit to Prague, we arrived Praha Hlavni Nadrazi via train and then just took the metro (metro line C operates at the train station) to within a few blocks of our old town hotel. Cost was 60 CZK per person - cheap.

Shared shuttle: https://www.airportshuttles.com/prague.php

I would not recommend bus 119 (public bus) as you must first locate the nearest metro station to your hotel, transfer to the metro from the bus and then make your way from the nearest metro station to your hotel.

I am assuming that you will be tired upon arrival after a long international flight - therefore, I recommend taking a taxi.

The ranks located outside the terminal operate on set tariffs and are perfectly fine (taxi is bright yellow - can't miss them).

If you book a private transfer (like the one that we used), the driver will be waiting for you as you exit the terminal (look for your name on the sign).

Edited by dogs4fun

You didn’t state which hotel you are staying in!

We stayed in the Marriott and their hotel sedan provided the service. It was maybe a couple Euros more expensive than a taxi, but the charge went on our hotel bill. That’s call more Marriott points and not needing cash!

contact your hotel for options!

dogs4fun, good advice and a great mix of public and private options.

I will say for us, when we visited 2y ago, the 119 bus worked out better. The nearest Metro stop to our hotel was on the A-line, which we were able to catch directly from Nadrazi Veleslavin. So for us it was an easy transfer from bus to Metro.

The airport express bus wouldn't have worked well for us, because getting the Metro from the train station to our hotel would have been inconvenient and would have involved two lines.

So I'd recommend looking at both options to see what's more convenient based on your hotel's location.

BTW we bought the Prague Card which included public transport. It was easy to pick up at the airport when we arrived, and (as of 2017) it was valid on both the airport express bus, and the 119 bus / Metro combination. So we had all of our bases covered. 

On 5/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, dogs4fun said:

Prague Airport (Vaclac Havel) is located approximately 25 - 30 minutes from the city center assuming you are not traveling during rush hours (7-10am, 4-7pm). I would recommend a booking a taxi but there are public options available as well. 

We booked our return to the airport via taxi here (cost was €22)

https://www.welcomepickups.com/prague/airport-transfer-book/?tap_a=29177-6b7f4b&tap_s=216159-8c4e7e

There are also AAA Radio Taxi ranks located outside of each terminal 

Public transportation: Airport Express bus - bus stop is in front of both Terminals 1 & 2. This bus will terminates at Praha Hlavni Nadrazi (main train station) from where you can take the metro or taxi to your hotel. Note: if you opt to take a taxi from Hlavni Nadrazi, book in advance as taxi drivers at the station are notorious for ripping-off clueless tourists. On our most recent visit to Prague, we arrived Praha Hlavni Nadrazi via train and then just took the metro (metro line C operates at the train station) to within a few blocks of our old town hotel. Cost was 60 CZK per person - cheap.

Shared shuttle: https://www.airportshuttles.com/prague.php

I would not recommend bus 119 (public bus) as you must first locate the nearest metro station to your hotel, transfer to the metro from the bus and then make your way from the nearest metro station to your hotel.

I am assuming that you will be tired upon arrival after a long international flight - therefore, I recommend taking a taxi.

The ranks located outside the terminal operate on set tariffs and are perfectly fine (taxi is bright yellow - can't miss them).

If you book a private transfer (like the one that we used), the driver will be waiting for you as you exit the terminal (look for your name on the sign).

Thank you for the information 🙂

We use Prague Airport Transport when we were there last November (from airport to hotel and then back).  They were very professional.  Competitive pricing compared to taxi.  Our flight was delayed over an hour and they were there waiting on us (sign in hand).  Also provided us a voucher for a free walking tour of Prague.  Water in car waiting on us along with a  city guide.  Same driver picked us up for our return flight.  Will use them again. 

On 6/21/2019 at 1:55 AM, Allenjolly said:

I also suggest Prague Airport Transport.

As would I... We used them and were very pleased.  We found the price quite reasonable.

Fran

We used Uber as it is very reasonable in Prague.