April cruise insurance anyone use?

Need to purchase my cruise insurance pretty soon with final payment around the corner.  

Nationwide looked to be a good plan but they’re $100 more than April cruise (underwritten by Generali) 

all things the same the main difference is the April policy covers itinerary changes, missed connections and trip inconvenience. 

Nationwide has “itinerary change “ for my state (Washington) which only covers a non refundable pre paid excursion if missed. I’m doing ship excursions this time so even if poc is missed we won’t have anything non refundable.  

This vacation is pretty expensive and to get the pre existing coverage I have to insure entire cost.  I looked into some annual plans such as Rome right and Allianz but they were not much less and had much less coverage amounts. 

Just wondering if if anyone has purchased the April cruise insurance and thoughts on the plan?  Thanks 

We've purchased April insurance once in the past and had no complaints other than the fact that they were very slow in getting a copy of the actual policy to us--but we also didn't have a claim, so that doesn't mean much!

Have you looked at Travel Guard? Everyone's case is different (age and health of cruisers, destination, state of residence, etc.), but we have found their Gold and Plus policies meet our needs very well.

Two of the factors that we feel make it a good choice for us: Under their Gold and Plus policies (not sure about their others) TG health coverage becomes primary. This means you don't have to file with your other health insurer and then again later with TG for costs rejected by the others. You file once with TG; they pay and then sort things out with other insurers.

Pre-existing conditions are covered if policy is purchased within a certain number of days of booking.

Perhaps most important to us: We had a very large and complicated claim with TG a couple of years ago that was settled promptly, professionally, and to our complete satisfaction. This "track record" means more to us than the possibility of saving a few dollars with some other company that could (of course) be just as good but with which we are not familiar.

Works well for us, but "your milage may vary!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1