Navigator of the Seas Review May 20-24, 2019

3 hours ago, DramaQueen22 said:

You can find them in the excursions for that day.  When you reserve, you only need to put in one person's name, but the loungers are for 2 people.

When did they appear? They are not showing in either my 2/2020 NOS cruise or 11/2020 harmony cruise either.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, leight said:

When did they appear? They are not showing in either my 2/2020 NOS cruise or 11/2020 harmony cruise either.

I don't remember specifically when the options were there.  Your sailing might be too far out yet.  I would just keep checking.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

We're sailing on the Navigator on 7/8 with our family of 4.  Finding information on the dress code has been challenging.  I haven't been on a RCL for a handful of years now (took the kids on a Disney cruise the last time).  I miss the book they used to send instead of going through a bunch of online documents that I don't feel spell everything out like the old-style stuff!  Anyway, what is the dress code for dinner?  I keep reading things about no shorts and just want to confirm.  I have a 9 year old little guy that hates dressing up and typically wears golf style shorts when we want him to look nice for a dinner out.  Just trying to figure out if I really need to go buy him a few pairs of dress pants (he has one or two but mostly winter type material).  Also trying to confirm a formal night or not.  I just don't want to pack more than necessary (this cruise follows a 4 days stint at the beach in the Miami area and then we hop on a plane to head up north for a family wedding straight from the cruise so packing for a lot of different activities - and I don't want his wedding outfit to have any chance of getting dirty earlier in the vacation!)

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I can find that - the big question seems to be a lot of people keep saying there isn't a real formal night like in the past.  Trying to figure out if there really is one or not.  Also read something that says shorts aren't allowed at dinner (non-formal nights), and I want to verify.  I personally think my son looks nicer in his dress shorts (think golf attire - dressy shorts with collared shirt) than he does in a pair of jeans (MDR).  

11 minutes ago, brittnmarc said:

I can find that - the big question seems to be a lot of people keep saying there isn't a real formal night like in the past.  Trying to figure out if there really is one or not.  Also read something that says shorts aren't allowed at dinner (non-formal nights), and I want to verify.  I personally think my son looks nicer in his dress shorts (think golf attire - dressy shorts with collared shirt) than he does in a pair of jeans (MDR).  

The reality is that the crew will not enforce dress suggestions, so you can wear whatever you like.

14 minutes ago, brittnmarc said:

Crew doesn’t enforce the suggested dress codes.  He will be fine in “dress” shorts - if they do question anyone it’s usually adults wearing sports/jogging shorts. 

Just FYI if he wants to try ice skating he will need to wear long pants and full socks (would suggest jeans or sweatpants; just in case you planned to pack shorts only).