Port or Starboard Stateroom

Rode Warrior

I am doing a north bound cruise on the Celebrity Millennium and want to know if there is a big qualitative difference in having a port or starboard stateroom, especially for the day of the Hubbard Glacier tour? I currently have a starboard ocean view cabin, but may upgrade to a veranda. It appears all starboard verandas are taken. Comments?

I'd find a cabin closer to stairs or elevators before picking one side or the other.  

The ability to quickly dash to an outer deck on the other side is great.

Here is a time lapse from Millie's visit to Hubbard in 2017:

I let it run on my starboard balcony while I was all over the ship taking in the glacier.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

Well, first of all, your stop at Hubbard Glacier will not be a "tour."  And the ship will do a full 360 degree rotation as close to Hubbard as can be approached given ice conditions on that particular day.  Given weather conditions the helipad  may be open as the approach is made, but definitely plan on being outside on upper decks.

Northbound?

• Starboard will offer more views of land.
  • you will get cell coverage as you get close to Prince Rupert four about an hour
  • you will rise to the morning sun
Edited by xlxo

I just did a northbound tour and I thought for sure starboard would have better views as it would face land more often. However, since most sailing is in the inside passage, where you have land/islands on both sides of the ship, I no longer think it would make a significant difference. Views from both sides of the ship were equally great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. We originally booked a starboard oceanview cabin, but I had a chance to upgrade at no extra cost to a stateroom with balcony on the port side, near the elevator. I made the switch and I am sure we will have a great cruise.