AARP CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS

Hotdog 52

It seems to be a problem with the USPS when AARP says they have been mailed but you do not receive them. Won’t matter who you order them from if that is the situation unless they are sent from a different location.

This winter I had a document mailed to me USPS with a tracking number. It took two weeks and the tracking indicated it was sitting in the St Paul distribution center for 5 days.

7 hours ago, BlazeButler said:

My was USPS as it was only two $100 cards. Shipping from Ohio to an address in Ohio.

5 hours ago, 3redheads said:

The shipment email from the first time showed USPS, without a tracking number.

Kind of looks like USPS might be the culprit. Someone in the Allstate thread said their most recent experience buying AARP cards was enough to be shipped UPS and they didn't have any problems at all. It'd be nice if AARP put some effort into figuring out what's going on, but as I mentioned before, I don't think they care too much about providing quality customer service for their Rewards for Good division. It stinks because it's nice to have the two different sources for the gift cards, but with these recent shipping issues, I feel like avoiding AARP for the time being. Unless, maybe, I order $500 or more to trigger UPS shipping.

My order was to be shipped UPS.  My first email after I ordered gave my order # and said I would receive another email with tracking info once the order shipped.  I never received that email.  I waited to call because I was not sure how long the lead time before shipping was.  I called two weeks after the first email and that is when I was told my order was being returned. 

I called today and was told my order had been returned and I had the option to cancel, or have it shipped out again.  I'll give it a few business days, and if I have not received a tracking email I will cancel the order.  My first order with Rewards for Good was for $100 cards and that was shipped and received with no issues.  I now have one month on this order, have been charged on my credit card and am no where near close to having the giftcard.  Glad my cruise payoff is not until November.

Heads up. Someone posted this in another thread.

AARP is discontinuing their Rewards for Good program and it will become AARP Rewards. We have until 11:59pm ET on August 20th to redeem Rewards for Good points. After that, the points are forfeited to begin the new program.

https://campaigns.aarp.org/rewardsforgood/

They are changing from AARP Rewards for Good to just AARP Rewards. I spoke with  an AARP representative who said that the program is changing and the current points will expire, but the new program points will add up quickly they'll be more connected to the fitness apps and be able to easily accessible by phone app.

It is frustrating. I just lost 80,000+ points when StreetWise discontinued two months early. I have 78,000 with AARP that I am not ready to use. So far Allstate Drivewise seems fine, but who knows.

Drivewise has short videos you watch, enter promo codes, and credit for safe driving. You can look on FB for a group Carnival Tips, gift cards, etc. They have all the welcome codes on there. You can get 37,000 points, just in their welcome codes. 

Edited by Da629

6 hours ago, Da629 said:

They are changing from AARP Rewards for Good to just AARP Rewards. I spoke with  an AARP representative who said that the program is changing and the current points will expire, but the new program points will add up quickly they'll be more connected to the fitness apps and be able to easily accessible by phone app.

Will they sell Carnival gift cards on the new program?  This sounds just like when Verizon changed their program and of course, their new program no longer sells the Carnival gift cards.

The AARP rep told me that the products would all be the same, just the process was changing and improving. They are supposed to be offering bonus codes to get people started in the new system.

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

Just wondering if I purchased my cruise through a travel agent (AAA) will they take a carnival gift card to pay off my cruise.

Thanks 

If you have your account set up with a booking number on Carnival, you should still be able to purchase drink packages, excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. with a gift card. 

43 minutes ago, kranzel said:
**editing to add that I am in Florida**

I placed 2 orders on 6/14 (one for 2 - $100 gift cards and one for 2 - $500 gift cards). Received both today (6/21). The (2) $500 cards were UPS needing signature (actually attempted delivery was 6/20) and the (2) $100 cards were regular USPS delivered today. Thank goodness since this thread had me panicked! 

***I didn't realize, but the codes I posted aren't shareable and can get your account locked.  Please don't use them and I am sorry for any trouble! 

The OP in the thread about the Rewards for Good changes got a response back from AARP. The webpage that's being passed around is outdated, according to them. They are still making the change, though. They said they'll release an announcement with details at the end of this month.

4 hours ago, mara93 said:

Racked up 35k points with the promo codes.  Not bad! 

The good thing about the Allstate promo codes is that they're worth at least 1,000 points each (as opposed to 150 points with AARP). They also issue codes worth 2,000 pts. and occasionally 3,000.

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Just wondering if I purchased my cruise through a travel agent (AAA) will they take a carnival gift card to pay off my cruise.

Thanks 

My travel agent has stated that yes, you can. 

I just came back from the UPS Store, I picked up my last $500 that I needed for my final payment for my August cruise.  I am really glad to know that I could possibly lose my stock pile of points.  I will make sure that I use them for my other charges, like CHEERS.   

I do give them to my travel agent for my payments.   I text her the info from the back of the card.   

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, n6uqqq said:

I have purchased the 500 dollar ones and AARP never sends tracking info and it is not on their website either. I signed up for UPS for free and they will notify me when it is shipping and when it is due to be delivered. Works great because I divert it to a UPS store so I can pick it up after work.

Same here, I ordered two 500.00 cards this past Sunday, got no emails they shipped, looked on my UPS site and they showed shipped. they arrived at my UPS store on Wednesday. I am in SC, not sure where they shipped from.