Flight Ease changes

MTAK

Hi all, I have a question about current bookings on Flight Ease.

I recently booked flights for an upcoming cruise with the Flexible fare option. Due to where I live, I have the option of flying out of several different airports.  Today I noticed there is a substantial price drop for airfare from an airport that is closer and would be more convenient.

In the past, I've read of problems people had when checking for price drops on Flight Ease after they have already booked.  Specifically that some had their original booking inadvertently canceled while checking other options. Supposedly this was (or is) a bug in the system that Holland has acknowledged. So I am reluctant to start looking at other fares if my original will suddenly be canceled.  Has anyone tried this recently and managed to keep the original booking?

I wouldn't go in and try to change things - as the website works right now, you will lose your original booking.  As previous posters have stated, call the Flight Ease number and have them look into it for you.  Let us know what happens.

Smooth  Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

my experience is even worse. I did go in and check prices on a regular basis after booking my flight. At some point my original flight was cancelled without my knowledge. It was only after I went into the airlines site to fill in my passport info that I found my booking no longer existed.As I was still before final payment I just went in and rebooked (a cheaper) flight. Unfortunately I had already booked (and paid for) transfers from airport/ship/airport before booking my second flight.  A month later I went to print my cruise boarding passes only to find the transfers had disappeared. I called reservations who told me the transfers had been cancelled and I would need to rebook them (and pay again). I asked why I hadn't received a refund for the cancelled transfers, I was then transferred to reservation accounting who told me shore executions would look into it and was transferred there where I was told that I would have to talk to reservations about it and transferred back to them. They then looked into it and came back and said I had never paid for the transfers (even though I had the Credit card statement right in front of me). It's now in the hands of AmEx who are refunding the money that Holland America claims they never got. So word of advice never book transfers or hotels through Holland America until after final payment if you have used flight ease!

• Like 1

Well....I guess I am in the minority, I have never had a problem looking at my flights on Flight Ease or the same program on Princess. We have completed 43 cruises so are savvy with the cruise line websites. I have found that the flight programs give warnings all along the way to keep you from inadvertently cancelling your booked flights. If I am not interested in current prices because the tickets I hold are cheaper, I actually back out of the system using the computer back curser.  We are flying from southern Oregon to SEA next month.  By checking on flight prices regularly over time I lowered our FE tickets by 50%!

Thanks all, after further consideration I think I will leave well enough alone for now.

We're currently booked to travel on a Thursday for a Saturday departure out of Fort Lauderdale.  The alternate itinerary would have us travel on Friday instead.  Given the riskiness of winter travel in January, I feel better about having an extra travel day.  If the Friday flight(s) were delayed or canceled due to weather, it would be impossible to get there from Montana in time to board, so we would end up diverting to Puerto Rico, which would blow a good portion of the trip.

I long ago started booking direct with the airlines  using IATA Matrix.com    Fares change daily and sometimes hourly.  The new fare pricing program starting in October will price the flight...each one based on demand for THAT flight.   

When you book via a 3rd party like HAL your upping your chances of problems...Price line and Expedia    all those. I found I could always get better flights and cheaper  booking direct   I book UAL/ Star Alliance.   Be aware..AA/Delta are consistently the most expensive.    Checking Martix.com  will be an eye opener

1 minute ago, Hawaiidan said:

I long ago started booking direct with the airlines  using IATA Matrix.com    Fares change daily and sometimes hourly.  The new fare pricing program starting in October will price the flight...each one based on demand for THAT flight.   

When you book via a 3rd party like HAL your upping your chances of problems...Price line and Expedia    all those. I found I could always get better flights and cheaper  booking direct   I book UAL/ Star Alliance.   Be aware..AA/Delta are consistently the most expensive.    Checking Martix.com  will be an eye opener

I check flights on ITA Matrix often and Flight Ease is much cheaper - at least for Business Class.

2 minutes ago, mauimacho said:

I check flights on ITA Matrix often and Flight Ease is much cheaper - at least for Business Class.

Yes.....Several days ago  I got a SWISS/United Business  Class from NICE  -LAX for $2400   when coach was selling for $2000 !

We have limited airline choices here - Delta is the main game and United is usually more expensive. Plus United connects through Denver and after spending a night in that airport and nearly missing a funeral, I refuse to fly through there during winter. Happened twice to my DW. For an airport in the heart of the Rocky Mountains they are woefully unprepared for de-icing.

I search with Google flights but wanted to confirm if the price drop carried through to Flight Ease.  If I run into this situation again I will probably call Holland to confirm.