Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale?

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You should post this question in the Florida departures forum as this has nothing to do with Royal Caribbean cruise line. 

Neither does your post have anything to do with RCI. Where should yours get moved to?

11 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Another vote for ft lauderdale

Same here but I have to fly. We haven't sailed from PC for a very long time but the experience on arrival back at port when the cruise ended was far from a pleasant experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Not yet, but should be sometime in the summer.  Just figure out which will be the hottest day of the year, and that will be moving day.

we are here and the heat index is over 100 in Orlando today and all this week. You should be moving any minute now.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Agree with those who said no preference if driving.  

(I should hit up John&LaLa for all those perks when I'm on Mariner in September! 🤣 )

What sailing

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here but I have to fly. We haven't sailed from PC for a very long time but the experience on arrival back at port when the cruise ended was far from a pleasant experience.

Terminal 1 is very easy to get out of lately. 

I would reccomend a shuttle to get back to MCO. Rental car going back is a bad idea.

Friends of Bella may get STAR treatment 

• Thanks 1

We drive as far as Port St Lucie the day before the cruise and stay there for the night.  It is only 1.5 hours from the port and is less money.  It is an easy drive and we have never had any issues.  IMO the itineraries from Ft Lauderdale are much better than Port Canaveral.  

All things being equal, PC.  Everglades is probably our least favorite of the 4 Florida ports.

That said, as others have expressed, itinerary and ship first.  We don't particularly enjoy Miami either, but just booked again because we wanted to do Cuba outside of Havana, the price was right, and I wanted to sail on Empress before she's eventually gone.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What sailing

Doing a B2B on September 19 and 23... a friend is getting married on Coco Cay (got engaged there, too) on the first cruise, and I made it a B2B to get in a full week, since I have to fly down.  

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Doing a B2B on September 19 and 23... a friend is getting married on Coco Cay (got engaged there, too) on the first cruise, and I made it a B2B to get in a full week, since I have to fly down.  

So you arrive on 19th, but cruise on 20th?

I might be able to swing that

Just now, John&LaLa said:

So you arrive on 19th, but cruise on 20th?

I might be able to swing that

DOH, sorry, yes, I'm flying in on the 19th (always come in a day early, ESPECIALLY during 'cane season!) and cruising on the 20th and 23rd, then flying out on the 27th.  

Like others have posted we too have sailed out of both.

We wish we could drive, you are lucky, we only have the option of flying.

I enjoy Port Canaveral, but....

I absolutely hate the idea of leaving the ship and depending on someone to get me to MCO, and then wait the long lines thru TSA. You are lucky you do not have to put up with this.

But we wanted to go back to sail from here, and what will be will be.

I love Fll.  so much to do, but soooo crowded with tourist (lol---me included).

Enjoy whatever you select.

• Like 1

We’ve only cruised out of Port Canaveral once and getting to the pier from our hotel was a nightmare.  Our taxi driver waited in line in one entry point and when we got to the front of the line after probably 20 minutes, a traffic officer told us to go to another entry point.  The same exact thing happened at the other entry point until I spoke up and told him what we had already gone through and did not want to wait another hour and they let us go in and get out.  We’re trying it again in September on Harmony and hope we have a better experience.

We love sailing out of Everglades because it’s so convenient since we fly in but it all depends on the actual cruise, ship, and ports.

I lived in FLL and loved the airport.  It is easy to navigate and not far from the port.

I go to the Orlando area sometimes and I am not fond of MCO at all, but I  do LOVE the Cocoa Beach area.

I have never cruised out of either port before, but will be doing one PC cruise and  three FLL cruises in the next seven months.

• Like 1