Coffee punch cards

missoulaz28

We are headed to Alaska soon in our first cruise. Somebody I know has a leftover coffee punch card that they said I could have. We are going before they are officially gone, and it is unsigned/no date.

Is it going to be a problem using it in our first cruise? 

This gets asked a lot and you can find a lot of threads pushing this around.  These cards ARE good till August.  I just got off the CB and used one no problem at all.

You won't get the free brewed coffee part because they know you didn't buy that card on the boat you're on right then, so they make a punch for everything you get.

They gave me non trouble or static using it.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, missoulaz28 said:

We are headed to Alaska soon in our first cruise. Somebody I know has a leftover coffee punch card that they said I could have. We are going before they are officially gone, and it is unsigned/no date.

not sure it would matter, but I would not flash my blue card or OM to signify you are a first time cruiser and no way YOU bought the card .... yes someone gave it to you ....

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Princess, and Cruising !!!

read as many of these threads as possible and also go to the Alaska forum

• Thanks 1

Do not think it matters if it is your first cruise or not. Could have been a gift by a more seasoned cruiser to them.  Besides have never been asked about my cruise status when using a coffee card.

• Thanks 1

Yes they are good as long as no expiration date is printed on it. I have 2 that I just got that I'll be using on my cruise the 8th of June. Last cruise when I was packing I found a really old one in piece of luggage I rarely use. It was from when they first started the program they honored it and let me use the rest of my punches. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, missoulaz28 said:

On the Royal they are accepting it through August.

9 minutes ago, redtogo said:

Sorry, I have been away from these discussions for some time now.  What will be used instead of coffee cards in the coffee shop?  Thank you.

Modern Technology

The coffee package is loaded onto your seapass card.

2 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Modern Technology

The coffee package is loaded onto your seapass card.

Can one person have more than one coffee package? So if we wanted two coffees a day each not one, could we buy two cards each and have them loaded on one seapass? So that we each had 28 'punches'

Edited by itf

Just did a 7 day cruise (part of a 15 day cruise tour) and had two "virgin" coffee cards. We used all 30 punches. It was nice to buy coffee and hot chocolate for strangers. The cards are valid until the end of August - August 31st - NOT August 20th as stated by above.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just did a 7 day cruise (part of a 15 day cruise tour) and had two "virgin" coffee cards. We used all 30 punches. It was nice to buy coffee and hot chocolate for strangers. The cards are valid until the end of August - August 31st - NOT August 20th as stated by above.

Welcome back.  Did you enjoy your Alaska tour/cruise.

We start our tour/cruise on June 17.

31 minutes ago, Thrak said:

God to see you back! 🙂 It was quiet without you! Hope you had a wonderful time on the cruise tour. Sneaking ever closer to that black card! 

1 hour ago, polmcs said:

God to see you back! 🙂 It was quiet without you! Hope you had a wonderful time on the cruise tour. Sneaking ever closer to that black card! 

One more cruise in October and then the TA back to the US will be with the new card. Had a fantastic time in Alaska, a great cruise to Vancouver, and then spent 3 days with some really great folks (Renmar and wife) at their home about 2 hours outside of Vancouver. Also got in a short visit with other cruising friends and introduced the two couples. Both couples are really nice folks. It's amazing the people one can meet while cruising.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Welcome back.  Did you enjoy your Alaska tour/cruise

We start our tour/cruise on June 17.

We had a truly great cruise tour. We had a major issue at Copper River Lodge though. We arrived in the evening and booked a tour in the Prince William Sound for the following morning. All of the paperwork (3 pieces) said 8:00 AM. We were out front at 7:50 AM. No bus. No people. We went inside and asked and were told the bus had left at 7:30 AM. "Didn't anybody tell you?" NO. "Where did you get the ticket?" Right here yesterday evening. D'Oh!.  They said we would have to wait for a manager to come in.

We waited an hour or more and finally a very nice woman by the name of Lynn Williams came over and sat down with us. She was the manager and apologized for the issue. She said that the tour had always left at 8:00 AM but there was a change this one time. She didn't know why nobody seemed to notice that we weren't on the bus as there is normally a list. She outlined her plan to fix things and said they would refund our money, provide a private driver in a van to take us to Valdez (where the cruise boat left from) for the day, provide whatever private touring we wanted there and on the way, and provide lunch if desired. Then she said that, "If it is okay with you", they would cancel our short hike at the Kenai lodge the next day (refunding the money of course) and comp us the Kenai Fjords cruise tour (slightly more expensive than the one that got messed up). She was concerned if this would be okay with us. Ummm... YES!

We had met a few of the Copper River Lodge crew on a previous 28 day Hawaii / South Pacific cruise where they got to cruise for port fees and taxes. Not only did she send out Adam - a freaking GREAT guy who had been one of the group (we had spent a lot of time together in Wheelhouse on that cruise 🥃) but the driver assigned to take us so Valdez for the day was Jerad who had also been part of that group.

Princess turned a major bummer into a freaking GREAT time (our free replacement tour had about a bazillion whales and many of them were playing around right next to the boat). I not only put this stuff into the survey but will be writing a letter to customer relations tomorrow. This is a shining example of stellar customer service. Oh, they also provided a nice card and a bottle of wine (complete with cork screw) in our room at the Kenai lodge.

If you ever do a Princess cruise tour I strongly recommend you get one that includes the Kenai lodge. We've done all 4 of the Princess lodges in Alaska and, while the other three are good, they pale in comparison to the Kenai lodge. It was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the others. Big room with a wood stove, sofa, and rocker. Large sliding door with a deck outside and a view of awesome (and close!) snow capped mountains. A rustic wooden chair and wooden rocker on the deck. Better food by far than the other lodges. Amazing service. (Can you tell we were impressed? 😍)

The land trip was great. The cruise was great. The time with friends (what wonderful people!) in Canada was great. Given all of that... even if it was 110 F today (43.3 for the Canadian folks) It's good to be home. 😋

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You may use the card. Take your sharpie and cross out their name if you desire. 

The potential stopper is if there is a expiration date prior to August 31 actually printed on the card. 

Edited by neverbeenhere