Dress jeans in dining room?

barbatkins

Based on what we saw in December on Seaside, yes on the dress jeans.  Everyone I saw had a button down shirt, some short sleeves, some long, some Tommy Bahama types.  I don't recall seeing a polo shirt.  

17 hours ago, barbatkins said:

On non formal nights, are young men allowed to wear nice jeans with a polo type shirt

into the dining room on Seaside?

thanks

Here is the definitive answer

Yes jeans are ok for Casual nights

This is an old(ish) image from a daily program. the names have changed Formal is now Elegant and Smart Casual seems to have been dropped

Casual and Themed are still in use

dress%20code.jpg

Edited by Skier52

MSC just like most of the other cruise lines do not enforce any suggested dress code. On formal night on the SEaside, there were men and boys in shorts, jeans, etc. Hate to see it, but that is the real story. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

MSC just like most of the other cruise lines do not enforce any suggested dress code. On formal night on the SEaside, there were men and boys in shorts, jeans, etc. Hate to see it, but that is the real story. 

I kinda wanna wear shorts just to piss off people. That food and plating in the Main dining room are nowhere near fine dining. Putting on a Tux doesn't make that food any better. People sound like seeing people in jeans would affect your appetite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just got off Seaside and wore khaki shorts and a nice tee on two non formal nights. It was more the norm than the exception. Khakis and a polo on other non formals and seemed on the dressy side. The only thing I saw enforced was pants of some type on formal night. People in jeans on formal night also. 

16 hours ago, marco said:

I do take jeans on a cruise, but ya.....what' makes jeans "dress jeans"...what' s the difference, somebody's name on the pocket?

Quality fabric and manufacturing, most of the time dark colours and most important proper fit depending on the body type works not just with jeans to look like you made an effort. I just think of celebrity's evening chic, as I travel with hand luggage only including the upcoming 21 day trip on Meraviglia. So no space in my luggage to care about what exactly the cruise line or other guests expect. It has to be multi functional. 

4 hours ago, micm said:

Quality fabric and manufacturing, most of the time dark colours and most important proper fit depending on the body type works not just with jeans to look like you made an effort. I just think of celebrity's evening chic, as I travel with hand luggage only including the upcoming 21 day trip on Meraviglia. So no space in my luggage to care about what exactly the cruise line or other guests expect. It has to be multi functional. 

Why choose a particular cruise line if you "don't care" about what their standards are? Are there any other cruise line policies that you feel free to disregard simply because it is inconvenient for you?

• Like 1

Just now, jcathers1 said:

Why choose a particular cruise line if you "don't care" about what their standards are? Are there any other cruise line policies that you feel free to disregard simply because it is inconvenient for you?

I chose itinerary first and price/value second. I only had one issue when the assistant maitre d didn't want to let me dine in Le Bistro on NCL because I was wearing a crewneck sweater with t-shirt below, so no collared shirt. I wasn't in the mood to fix it then so I just changed into a running shirt with collar to make him happy. But I discussed that later with the HD and never had an issue again.

Other than that no issue with NCL, MSC, Costa, RCI, Celebrity. So one incident with an over eager staff member in more than 25 cruises isn't to bad.

It is pretty easy, it is their ship and policies. If we disagree on something I will obey, check with someone in charge if it is the fleet/ship wide policy and if we can't come together I will adjust for that cruise and add that to my decision for the next travels. 

2 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

You do notice it says "Suggested" right? So it's not a policy.

The only thing that is not permitted is shorts. Jeans and Polo are acceptable.

• Like 1

Shorts are not suggested in the MDR. However, I have seen people wear shorts in the MDR on formal nights many times on MSC ships. 

There really is no dress code, any longer, on any cruise line. 

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

Shorts are not suggested in the MDR. However, I have seen people wear shorts in the MDR on formal nights many times on MSC ships. 

There really is no dress code, any longer, on any cruise line. 

Then you need to try Cunard.    thetaro ( post 11) certainly wouldn't get away with it.