Summit family veranda new pictures?

Disfan5

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I noticed that there seems to be a lack of a mirror over the desk/vanity in these photos.  Is there one someplace other than the bathroom?

we had the FV 2 decks down 6199 (?) in April. a great lite mirror on the fwd wall by the door. Our daughter LOVED it for applying makeup. it was round.

28 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yet another Kelly Hoppen epic fail.  She has removed the lovely dining table from this balcony.

Yes. For a FAMILY cabin what were they thinking?  The Sky Suite type table and RS chairs was a great addition. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yet another Kelly Hoppen epic fail.  She has removed the lovely dining table from this balcony.

Must you always be so negative?  Don't pop somebody else's balloon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

we had the FV 2 decks down 6199 (?) in April. a great lite mirror on the fwd wall by the door. Our daughter LOVED it for applying makeup. it was round.

Thank you!

Great lighting combined with a mirror is tops on my list with these old eyes.  However, I prefer to sit, and have my make-up close by when applying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Sorry to disappoint, but this has nothing to do with Kelly Hoppen. FV cabins are not suites, and Kelly's sole responsibility was the suites as far as cabin redesigns go. All other cabins had their redesign managed by Cristian Rubio Pinedo, Principal HBA Design (see the lower third of this page, make sure scroll past the "Suite Amenities" section).

So blame either Cristian, or LLP and gang, for anything you're dissatisfied with for the non-suite cabins. And remember that they are listening to passenger feedback and making changes to satisfy the complaints. Multiple posts here on the X board indicating that for Edge and Millie, and I'm pretty sure I saw the same for Summit. So maybe by the time the OP sails, they'll have something closer to, if not an actual, full size dining table back in place.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes. For a FAMILY cabin what were they thinking?  The Sky Suite type table and RS chairs was a great addition. 

Phil 

Clearly they weren't thinking.  They have removed the dining table from all the cabin balconies that had them, not just this one.  A shame as this was a wonderful amenity, particularly in this cabin.  Spent many an hour at that former table.

7 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

Must you always be so negative?  Don't pop somebody else's balloon.

I'm not being negative.  I'm just stating a fact.  This balcony (and many others) used to have a very nice dining table.  It doesn't any more.  The negative would be that Celebrity was stupid enough to do this.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

OP you have a very nice stateroom. Congrats. Ignore the noise from those that have been moaning and groaning about X for the last five plus years but still hang around and cruise X.😉 Enjoy the extra space. 

Indeed. The FVs are great cabins and the corner FVS like the one pictured have the best balcony on the ship other than the Penthouse (not sure if the OP has one of those or a middle cabin). I've had a corner FV a few times and when they added the table and chairs I thought it was a great addition and a good idea. Now they've done away with it I scratch my head and wonder why.  I'm expressing a view. 

Phil 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The dining table looks the same size as we had last month on the non-revolutionised Constellation. If there used to be a larger table on the FV balconies, I think the decision was made to down-size them by Celebrity before Kelly got involved.

Constellation balcony:

Arabia Suez Cruise (76).jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jetstreamer said:

The dining table looks the same size as we had last month on the non-revolutionised Constellation. If there used to be a larger table on the FV balconies, I think the decision was made to down-size them by Celebrity before Kelly got involved.

Constellation balcony:

Arabia Suez Cruise (76).jpg

This was the table and chairs that I had on Constellation, so yes. They did change them out.  The table in your photo is the one they have for two people on regular verandas and certainly not big enough for four. 

Phil 

BE242EB0-97DA-41DC-980A-61EEDAA814EA.jpeg

23 hours ago, lkneller said:

Just stayed in 8181 on summit.  will try to post some pics.

Lkneller - might you have any photos of the cabin with the beds set up in the second room? Does the couchette / mini loveseat turn into a single bed, and the full couch a double / queen?

Sailing in an FV on Summit later this month with my family, and we can't wait!

2 hours ago, Jetstreamer said:

Our Infinity FV had two tables on the balcony. The small one and a larger dining table although not as large as the one in Phil's table. 

1EB31383-9A92-4B64-9811-F80CF19271FC.jpeg

Infinity FV 8166, Jan 1 2017, Cape Horn South America

Edited by mahdnc

Perhaps these larger tables were never part of the original floorplan for these cabins but added by request along the way and just left there for others to enjoy. They look as though they were borrowed from other areas of the ship. When these ships were revolutionized everything was likely removed and went back to plan without them. Passengers going forward should try to request them to restart the cycle. Just my thought.

Edited by bkbarrym

6 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

Perhaps these larger tables were never part of the original floorplan for these cabins but added by request along the way and just left there for others to enjoy. They look as though they were borrowed from other areas of the ship. When these ships were revolutionized everything was likely removed and went back to plan without them. Passengers going forward should try to request them to restart the cycle. Just my thought.

All I can say is that we have been in Infinity FV 8166 in 2002 (her first year of service) and some 15 years later in 2017.  Both times the balcony was outfitted with a small and large table.

Infinity FV balcony Feb 2002.jpg

Infinity FV 8166, Feb 3 2002, anchored off of St Croix. 

Infinity FV 8166.jpg

Infinity FV 8166, Jan 6 2017, docked at Montevideo Uruguay

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2