Can future cruise credit be used on existing booking?

mkkao924

Hi,

Our first HAL cruise will be this September, and we already booked another HAL cruise next June.

My question is, if we purchase future cruise credit on our September cruise, can we use it on the cruise next June?

Is there any benefits doing so?

I do not think you can use it, unless you cancel the existing June reservation and rebook.it using the future cruise deposit (FCD) you buy on your first cruise..  Of course, the price and perks involved will likely be different.  If they end up being the same, you will gain some OBC by using a FCD (future cruise deposit and even more if you also have the TA use the promotion code ZPM along with it (have to book cruise with 60 days AFTER the cruise you bought the FCD.  These two combined can get you from $50 to $400 pp. depending on length of cruise and cabin category.

Edited by DaveOKC

IIRC we did this once,   Your promos may or may not change.  I always like to buy some on-board as they are completely refundable.   So I would buy some and check,   Cause you ever know until you ask.   

I did exactly this coming off our summer Koningsdam cruise.

I left the monies still on deposit for the future cruise, but just added the 2 future cruise deposits, in order to get the benefits of OBC, in addition tothe welcome home/ZPM code which entitles one to extra OBC, if booking/applying within 60 days.

So yes, you can.  I opted NOT to get the money I had paid for deposit returned, as it was a VERY good promo....did not want to lose those perks.  Just added $100 pp FCD to the booking.

Hopefully this was not a one time only decision, or a matter of getting the right person answering the call.   I had my TA do this, and have no idea if he was given a hard time about it.

Edited by CJcruzer
  • Like 1

We routinely purchase FCDs --   and then book directly online with one of the large internet agencies.  Rather than re-pricing the deposit, I simply have the FCDs applied as vendor direct payment.  OBC applies per usual.  

Scott. 

Screenshot 2019-06-01 at 08.33.31.png

Edited by YXU AC*SE

I am happy to hear that some people have done this and I think I did it once through my HAL PCC.  However, I do not think that this is a set rule and it may vary depending on your TA or PCC, so I hesitate to say that it can be done for certain, thus my initial response that you MAY have to cancel and rebook.

6 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I am happy to hear that some people have done this and I think I did it once through my HAL PCC.  However, I do not think that this is a set rule and it may vary depending on your TA or PCC, so I hesitate to say that it can be done for certain, thus my initial response that you MAY have to cancel and rebook.

We have successfully done this numerous times with  a HAL PCC, various TA's and online agencies (by placing a HOLD and then calling in to get it applied). As we often book inside the final payment window, the FCD is applied as part of final payment. We have never experienced any difficulties nor has anyone ever questioned it.