Tell me I’m dreaming

Anyone experienced with dreaming cruises, an add today for a Newcastle round trip in November. Looks like the ship leaves Sydney, NEWCASTLE is first stop where you can embark and then stay on to the second day of the next cruise and disembark in NEWCASTLE, price doesn’t look too bad, not great but in the ballpark. 

Yeah, they've had issues with sales due to high prices, so have recently split itineraries like MSC does i.e not everyone doing that cruise does the same sector as you, it's mix and match with people getting on and off along the way.

In conjunction with that change, there was also a tactical reduction in prices, especially on the soonest cruises.

Princess have been doing that sort of thing for a couple of years at least, especially with the circumnavigation, Hawaii/Tahiti, and world cruises. Not Newcastle embarkations though, mainly Auckland and Brisbane on Sydney itineraries. I think they may also have done, or are doing, some Adelaide embarkations. There is usually a very limited number of cabins offered for the other ports, and sometimes they fill the gaps with 2/3 day cruises. I tried to work out all the permuations for this year and it was crazy complicated.

But great news for you, Gut, having embarkations in Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess have been doing that sort of thing for a couple of years at least, especially with the circumnavigation, Hawaii/Tahiti, and world cruises. Not Newcastle embarkations though, mainly Auckland and Brisbane on Sydney itineraries. I think they may also have done, or are doing, some Adelaide embarkations. There is usually a very limited number of cabins offered for the other ports, and sometimes they fill the gaps with 2/3 day cruises. I tried to work out all the permuations for this year and it was crazy complicated.

But great news for you, Gut, having embarkations in Newcastle.

I’ve never seen a Princess Cruise of only 7 days offer it though, trying to work out if we can afford it, both time and $$$ wise, I think it may also be limited to the one travel agent.

we did have Pacific Jewel homeport here for a year or two, doesn’t make a huge difference to us, as Sydney is really only just down the road.

I was really wondering if anyone else had been with them, what was it like, just a little jaunt up to Gladstone and back, a couple of other ports too of course, including Sydney.

58 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I was really wondering if anyone else had been with them, what was it like, just a little jaunt up to Gladstone and back, a couple of other ports too of course, including Sydney.

Just do it and then you can tell us.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I’ve never seen a Princess Cruise of only 7 days offer it though, trying to work out if we can afford it, both time and $$$ wise, I think it may also be limited to the one travel agent.

Princess rarely has 7 day cruises though, just the odd one to Tasmania, or up the Queensland Coast, but most are 10 or more days.

33 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess rarely has 7 day cruises though, just the odd one to Tasmania, or up the Queensland Coast, but most are 10 or more days.

They really only have a shorter cruise when part of longer cruise, i.e. Majestic's Sydney to Melbourne (4n), or Adelaide (6n), or Perth(8n) on the upcoming February 2020 cruise to Singapore.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They really only have a shorter cruise when part of longer cruise, i.e. Majestic's Sydney to Melbourne (4n), or Adelaide (6n), or Perth(8n) on the upcoming February 2020 cruise to Singapore.

Exactly, and usually a limited number of cabins that get snapped up quickly.

Not sure they'll be the same as their usual ones which are in Asia. That's because their standard cruises are much shorter, gambling focus, and clientele/style quite different from here. I wouldn't expect them to be the same as it would go down like a lead balloon.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:44 AM, GUT2407 said:

we did have Pacific Jewel homeport here for a year or two, doesn’t make a huge difference to us, as Sydney is really only just down the road.

But it is such a hassle to get to! Problems on the freeway, trackwork on trains etc etc.

Would LOVE to be able to jump on in Newcastle and was so excited for our promised cruise terminal now a broken promise ):

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:29 PM, Sallyandtex said:

But it is such a hassle to get to! Problems on the freeway, trackwork on trains etc etc.

Would LOVE to be able to jump on in Newcastle and was so excited for our promised cruise terminal now a broken promise 😞

Yes, I too wish it would have happened, I could get to my Brother's place and go from there.