Sail into Savings - summer 2019 promotion

BBMacLaird

Two sailings we had looked at are now reduced - defying my past experiences of earliest bookings at Azamara bringing the lowest price.

Interesting, guess I'll continue to wait on that 2021 voyage -

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

This deal doesn’t seem to be available in the UK.

Just looked at our November TA. The US price in this sale is higher than our current price (converted to US$), but we have already rebooked on a previous promotion.

I assumed it was the header ‘2020 voyages just reduced’?  

From the Terms & Conditions :

" Offer applies only to the first two guests in a stateroom. Offer applies to new, individual bookings and non-contracted group bookings named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Offer is not applicable to incentive or contracted groups. Offer is combinable with Back to Back Benefits, onboard booking savings and Le Club Voyage Quarterly Savings, Shareholder Benefits, Reduced Singles Specials and one other OBC or value add. Unless stated otherwise, offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Closed User Rates, Employee Rates, Interline Rates, Travel Agent Rates, Last-Minute Voyages, and Net Rates. After the Offer Period, the offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the offer. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. This offer is applicable to U.S. and Canada residents only."

I underlined two areas.

Seems once again the rest of the world does not receive the same benefits at U.S. and Canada. 🤔

WHY?

Additional : Clicking on Bonnie's link, three voyages come up.

However when I click on "Load More Voyages" (from my home in Australia), I get 0 voyages found, which seems to go along with the T's & C's above. 🙃 living down under!

Edited by Baynanno1

Further to my previous . . . he who makes all our bookings surfaced and went directly to his bookmarked Azamara Club Cruises website . . . lo and behold there are 79 cruises listed in $AU . . . living down under is not so bad 🙃 😊

T's & C's do not have any residential restriction as do those accessed from Bonnie's link.

Edited by Baynanno1

4 hours ago, Shawnino said:

And the shell game continues.

Not sure what's worse:

--Azamara constantly using gimmicks instead of simply offering a fair price

--What it says about humanity, that the gimmicks work.

I agree with you but it must be working for Azamara has they keep doing it, same applies to the new upgrade program 

Yes new breed of guests happy to behave that way. Whether they are long term loyal or one/two cruises then off time will tell. However so many three plus cruises potential loyalists we chat to onboard are saying we don’t know if we will book again which is a big change from a year ago. 

• Like 2

As stated elsewhere, the onboard experience only has a certain value, there comes a point when it is not worth it in most peoples eyes.  The pricing policy also has to feel fair.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shawnino said:

And the shell game continues.

Not sure what's worse:

--Azamara constantly using gimmicks instead of simply offering a fair price

--What it says about humanity, that the gimmicks work.

If falling for gimmicks places me within the realm of “humanity”, I’ll take it. That category is something my colleagues at times questioned. 😏

As a bonus this particular gimmick saves us $700.00 on an upcoming cruise.

• Haha 1

Hello, 

have been trying all weekend to look at the prices but all the 30% offers won't go further than the 1st page. Another IT glitch? 

Anyone has the same problem?

15 minutes ago, vana said:

Hello, 

have been trying all weekend to look at the prices but all the 30% offers won't go further than the 1st page. Another IT glitch? 

Anyone has the same problem?

Touching "Load More Itineraries" works on my Samsung tablet.  Don't think all the affected cruises are discounted a full 30%.

1 hour ago, snowglobe said:

Nordski, did you have any promotional OBC that you we’re able to keep?

No we didn’t, but I’m hoping our TA will now be able to add some OBC through her company. When we booked they had not yet established their offerings for 2020.

I prefer the TA’s version of OBC since it is often refundable and we usually struggle to use up non refundable.

On the sheet we received today on board, the claim was that savings ranged from 20% to 30%.

Curiously, most itineraries on Journey were at the 30% level while on Pursuit and Quest the split was about 50/50.

If you are considering it, I hope that this sale proves advantageous.

Edited by nordski

I have been pretty vocal about Azamara "Sales" so I will post here that our May 2020 cruise we booked onboard last August is now $2,000 less which would be reason for us to rebook, but unfortunately we have to cancel that cruise due to another obligation.  So, the lesson continues to be: track your prices because it really does seem to be "catch as catch can" as to whether your cruise ends up reduced and in this instance, the initial price and onboard booking did not turn out to be the lowest offered.

Customer service is doing it again - sailing in murky waters.....

The second cruise we're booked on for 2019 is offered in that promotion at about 500 $ less now. I contacted our travel agency, they called Azamara and we were told that we would have to waive the internet package ( ok with that) but could keep our 500$ OBC. I did a happy dance and told the TA  to go ahead just to be informed in a second e-mail  that oh, so sorry, according to Azamara the promotion is not combinable with shareholder benefits. This is strange and smells fishy because the promo details clearly state " Offer is combinable with Back to Back Benefits, onboard booking savings and Le Club Voyage Quarterly Savings, Shareholder Benefits, Reduced Singles Specials and one other OBC or value add. " I copied that from Azamara's international  homepage. I can understand the part about the changes in the promotions being applied ( no more free internet, but same amount of OBC) but not the one about shareholder benefits because it is a regular fare, not a restricted one. I was also denied the LCV quarterly savings but this one I can understand because even when it is a revised booking, I originally booked two days too early at the end of March...

Right now I'm fuming because somehow I feel to be at customer reps' mercy - our travel agency really is a good one but it can only forward what it is told. And I can't contact Azamara myself to voice my doubts about the validity of their argumentation because I booked not directly with them.

Hoping against for Bonnie to solve the riddle ... (sorry about that - were keeping you busy...)

13 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Bonnie:

Is this promotion combinable with LCV Loyalty nights? It seems so, reading the T&Cs someone posted above, but my travel agent was told no by AZ.

Thanks.

I'm not Bonnie but I think I can answer your question; when you use your LCV loyalty nights, the remaining nights are charged the full fare, not the discounted sale price.