Sail into Savings - summer 2019 promotion

BBMacLaird

3 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I'm not Bonnie but I think I can answer your question; when you use your LCV loyalty nights, the remaining nights are charged the full fare, not the discounted sale price.

Yes, that’s how it worked when we used our LCV free nights.

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

LauireB & HGC are correct. The LCV earned loyalty nights are not combine-able with the promotion.

Thank you for the answer.

One wonders where all the "loyalty first" people are to rant against this policy.

34 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Thank you for the answer.

One wonders where all the "loyalty first" people are to rant against this policy.

It’s always been our understanding that loyalty nights could not be applied to an offer so no rants from us. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, uktog said:

It’s always been our understanding that loyalty nights could not be applied to an offer so no rants from us. 

I get that that's the policy. But why? Shouldn't people being rewarded for loyalty not have to pay rack rate for the remainder of the nights? It's hardly a reward in some respects.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I get that that's the policy. But why? Shouldn't people being rewarded for loyalty not have to pay rack rate for the remainder of the nights? It's hardly a reward in some respects.

People ARE being rewarded for loyalty; free nights for goodness sake!  On a seven night cruise with four free nights you're paying for three, a small fraction of the total cruise; or six free nights on a seven night cruise, you're paying for one night!  I think if you're demanding discounted rates on the nights you have to pay for you're being at least borderline greedy. 

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

People ARE being rewarded for loyalty; free nights for goodness sake!  On a seven night cruise with four free nights you're paying for three, a small fraction of the total cruise; or six free nights on a seven night cruise, you're paying for one night!  I think if you're demanding discounted rates on the nights you have to pay for you're being at least borderline greedy. 

I am not demanding anything, nor am I taking a 7-night cruise.

Thank you for your initial reply.

Edited by hrhdhd

8 hours ago, laurieb said:

On a seven night cruise with four free nights you're paying for three, a small fraction of the total cruise; or six free nights on a seven night cruise, you're paying for one night! 

Yes, to get the best value you need to choose the cruise on which you use the free nights with care in order to get best value. Either a short cruise, or one which is unlikely to go on promotion. For example, in the past the Norway cruise has rarely been reduced (although that didn’t apply this year).

People may have thought we were mad, but we used our 4 free nights on a horrendously expensive 3 night cruise sandwiched between two (I think) 9 night cruises. It was worth "losing" the fourth night!

Yes Denise, bookings and price reductions on the Norway cruise next month are quite different this year!