Live on the solstice, any requests?

NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, marti2282 said:

Would like to know who the naturalist is.  We’ll be on in July and hope for Brett!  Enjoyed his Beyond thePodium talks!

thanks and have a wonderful cruise!

Brent Nixon will be onboard for the Alaska season! He is excellent.

1 hour ago, dpcmh said:

Curious to hear if and/or how far the ship makes into Endicot Arm.    The Dailies will be much appreciated!!!!   

Last week we turned around  20 miles from the glacier, it was also 80 in both Ketchikan and Juneau! Captain Tacos said there is always 1week they can’t get in, hopefully we were the one time for the season. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:35 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the 5/31/19 sailing, dailies/celebrity today aside, any requests?

When the ship is in front of the Dawes Glacier, make sure the sign for the photos reads "Dawes Glacier" and not "Sawyer Glacier".   If you are in front of the  Sawyer Glacier,......      

I have 2 questions regarding the new Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud on Solstice.

1.  Can you find out what night it's actually being held?  When you sign up it says first night at 5:30 but then it says you'll actually be told on board what day/time it will be.

2.  There's also some question on if the wine pairings are included with the initial cost of $139 per person or if they're an additional $60.

I know these are super specific and odd questions, but I'd really love to know the answers before boarding in a few weeks!  Thanks so much and have a great cruise!

Hello,

Curious on the offerings in the Aqua Spa cafe.  Are there  plated salads, fruit plate, wraps?  Also, if the Bistro on Five is gone, was it replaced by sushi or another venue?

Thanks for any info!  Appreciate it.

9 hours ago, Ariyel said:

I have 2 questions regarding the new Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud on Solstice.

1.  Can you find out what night it's actually being held?  When you sign up it says first night at 5:30 but then it says you'll actually be told on board what day/time it will be.

2.  There's also some question on if the wine pairings are included with the initial cost of $139 per person or if they're an additional $60.

I know these are super specific and odd questions, but I'd really love to know the answers before boarding in a few weeks!  Thanks so much and have a great cruise!

I have to go to guest services again anyways, would they be the one's to ask?

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I have to go to guest services again anyways, would they be the one's to ask?

Could definitely try!  I think the problem is noone really knows the answers yet because this is fairly new.  I'd guess Guest Services, or maybe the maitre d' at Murano?  If you can ask at Guest Services though, that would be awesome and very much appreciated!

7 hours ago, jjduck said:

Hello,

Curious on the offerings in the Aqua Spa cafe.  Are there  plated salads, fruit plate, wraps?  Also, if the Bistro on Five is gone, was it replaced by sushi or another venue?

Thanks for any info!  Appreciate it.

Pre plated items last week and also I believe a club sandwich, didn't notice wraps but that doesn't mean its not available.

Bistro on 5 gone a couple years, replaced by Sushi on 5.

Hi Nutsaboutgolf ,

Are they offering discounts at Sushi on 5 - we have had discounts of 20 - 30% on past Solstice cruises and prefer that to Tuscan ( which we usually find underwhelming on the first night but will go again I guess as 1st night MDR menu is ordinary except for the pork chop ) Weve never been able to get a discount at Murano. Thanks for any dining info 

9 minutes ago, hammo said:

Hi Nutsaboutgolf ,

Are they offering discounts at Sushi on 5 - we have had discounts of 20 - 30% on past Solstice cruises and prefer that to Tuscan ( which we usually find underwhelming on the first night but will go again I guess as 1st night MDR menu is ordinary except for the pork chop ) Weve never been able to get a discount at Murano. Thanks for any dining info 

There's been a first night discount for Murano available in my cruise planner pretty consistently for an upcoming Solstice cruise.  You might check yours if you haven't done so already.  It's a separate listing than the regular Murano booking, it's specifically a discount for the first night dining in Murano.  I think for $35/person.

Can you provide details of what is done on the first sea day as far as a Welcome Aboard event?  I think there is a reception.  What time is that?

As others have asked, copies of the Daily events would be wonderful.  We are embarking on 6/21.

Also, after you dock in Victoria, please post how that evening goes since it is the last night of the cruise.

58 minutes ago, smmountaingal said:

Can you provide details of what is done on the first sea day as far as a Welcome Aboard event?  I think there is a reception.  What time is that?

As others have asked, copies of the Daily events would be wonderful.  We are embarking on 6/21.

Also, after you dock in Victoria, please post how that evening goes since it is the last night of the cruise.

On the 5/24 sailing the Cruise critic connections party was held the first sea day (5/25) at 9am...too early for me!

We did not get off in Victoria, we had dinner onboard.  The various dining rooms opened at 4:45 to accomodate those going ashore.

There was 1 bar open per deck. We had a late night, 10:15 comedian, it was “adult humor”

Bags needed to be out by 10pm

Hope that helps!

I used the port luggage valet and never received my bag, tracking it makes it appear my bag was never scanned.  Luggage valet says to deal with X since it was never scanned.  X just had me do a lost and found claim although the bag does have a tag on it, they said if they find it I have to pay the shipping.  I also saw there was a lost baggage email address which I sent.  Lesson learned because I didn't even need the service, I did it so I could skip the baggage drop at ticketing.  I will be doing a mini review and provide some tips.

37 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I used the port luggage valet and never received my bag, tracking it makes it appear my bag was never scanned.  Luggage valet says to deal with X since it was never scanned.  X just had me do a lost and found claim although the bag does have a tag on it, they said if they find it I have to pay the shipping.  I also saw there was a lost baggage email address which I sent.  Lesson learned because I didn't even need the service, I did it so I could skip the baggage drop at ticketing.  I will be doing a mini review and provide some tips.

Oh no!  An awful way to end a holiday.  So sorry!